• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

bhadella's bag

I like your inclusion of the Kite. Dont see a lot of people using those. I have one myself.

Obvious suggestion would be a Buzzz in the midrange section. Holds a line great and might eliminate the need for some of those other mids. If you want the Innova equivalent pick up an Atlas.

Another month in the books. Had too much inconsistency on the release of my lots-of-flashing D3 so I went with a pop-top overstable Destroyer to complement my neutral one.

Distance Drivers
Echo Star Destroyer 168g (Overstable)
Star Destroyer 172g (Stable with Fade)
Star Tern 172g (Slightly Understable)

Control Drivers:
Star Firebird 175g (Way Overstable, FAF)
Champ Glow Firebird 175g (Overstable, Domey)
C PD 175g (Stable with Fade)

Fairway
Champion Glow Teebird 175g (Slighly Overstable)
Star TL 175g (Stable with Fade)
Star TL 175g (Neutral)
Star Leopard 175g (Slightly Understable)
Star Leopard 175g (Understable)

Midrange
FLX Drone 180g (Way Overstable)
400g M2 178g (Slightly Overstable with Fade)
Z Buzzz 178g (Stable with Fade)
Z Buzzz-SS 180g (Neutral)
ESP Comet 180g (Understable)

Putters
ESP FLX Zone 174g (Overstable)
Opto Pure 176g (Neutral)
400g PA4 (Understable)
Zero Hard Pure 174g (Putt)

How much of a difference in stability and distance do you notice between your zone and drone?

Stability is similar but distance difference is very significant. Thrown backhand; I can get 290' or so out of my Drone while the Zone is in the 240' range. I also use my Zone as my "wind" putter.

What does the Drone offer that can't be covered between the Firebird and Zone?

I definitely pull my Drone less than either Firebirds or Zone. It's best for backhand flex lines as it will hold annys for awhile, birds pull out right away. But I definitely prefer my M2 for flex lines now.

Are you finding any overlap with the incorporation of the PD (with the teebird)? I throw Teebirds and destroyers myself and am looking for something inbetween. I've been considering the PD but worry I'll have overlap and don't wanna lose the bird!

Your bag looks good though! I also lean towards discraft for mids and innova elsewheres.

Are you finding any overlap with the incorporation of the PD (with the teebird)? I throw Teebirds and destroyers myself and am looking for something inbetween. I've been considering the PD but worry I'll have overlap and don't wanna lose the bird!

Your bag looks good though! I also lean towards discraft for mids and innova elsewheres.

The PD has two uses in my bag; best dead straight then fade finish forehand disc I own and covers that tweener distance on backhands. The PD (340ft) fits right inbetween my Teebird/TLs (320ft) and Destroyers (360ft) at comfortable power levels. I can get more distance with throwing "harder" but then my reliability is shot.

That said, here in Charlotte I just don't have alot of need for a PD speed driver. Most of the "fairways" that I need to hit on the par 4/5s require 325' or so of distance to hit the sweet spot fitting right into that Teebird/TL range. My PDs (either C or S, when powered down) end up with more of a Teebird flight than a TL (stable to neutral). Sugaw and Eastway are the only courses that have holes that fit my tweener range of 340' or so. Anything past 350' or longer and non-heavily wooded get a Destroyer/Tern.

Last edited:
Only one change, I recently cycled a new TL into the bag. My most beat TL is taking over my fresher Leopards spot in the bag. It's been odd, my more domey and newer Star Leopard has developed more turn but kept the fade while it's older brother (a flatter one) lost it's fade first. But today, they both are bagged.

Found a couple typos to cleanup.

Distance Drivers
Star Destroyer 172g (Stable)

Control Drivers:

Fairway
Star TL 175g (Neutral)
Star TL 174g (Slightly Understable)
Star Leopard 175g (Slightly Understable)
Star Leopard 175g (Understable)

Midrange
ESP Comet 180g (Understable)

Putters
ESP Zone 174g (Overstable)
Opto Pure 176g (Neutral)
400g PA4 (Understable)

Domey Leopard out. Icon Patriot in. Patriot is pulling off that slow leaking understable shot to perfection. Or hyzerflip dead straight. Never could get any of my other Leopards to hit these lines consistently like my first flat Leopard does. Whenever my megaflippy Leopard is lost/destroyed, I'll cycle another Icon Patriot in.

ESP Comet out. ESP Meteor in. Comet just requires higher lines while the Meteor pulls off those beautiful low shots that gently leak out understable the second half of the flight. Very helpful for us LHBHers to take on holes setup for RHBH hyzerflips.

Also added a GStar Destroyer to the ranks. Brand new it's just about perfect for my forehand; fast, flat and fades but isn't overstable.

It's funny that all of my changes revolve around replicating RHBH shot shapes. Aparently my focus is transitioning towards attacking left turning holes looking for birdies instead of being happy with pars.

Distance Drivers
GStar Destroyer 171g (Stable with Fade)

Control Drivers:

Fairway
Star TL 175g (Neutral)
Icon Patriot 174g (Understable)
Star Leopard 175g (Very Understable)

Midrange
ESP Meteor 180g (Understable)

Putters
Opto Pure 176g (Neutral)
400g PA4 (Understable)

A full month and only one slight change, I never actually switched my Zero Mediums out so I'm cleaning up a typo.

Distance Drivers

Control Drivers:

Fairway
Star TL 175g (Neutral)

Midrange

Putters
Opto Pure 176g (Neutral)
400g PA4 (Understable)
Zero Medium Pure 174g (Putt)

Other than wishing my PA4 had a more "shallow" grip, I'm really happy. Might try out a Magic for the understable driving slot.

Other than wishing my PA4 had a more "shallow" grip, I'm really happy. Might try out a Magic for the understable driving slot.

The Magic isn't a whole lot different from the PA4. I'd look at the Gateway Shaman that was just released. It's supposed to be a smushed Magic.

We have some pretty similar responses in the HOD threads, and it's nice to see how you fill some of the gaps I have. I've been using a G* TB and FR Pinnacle Patriot to satisfy the straight fairway slot. Have you thrown a G* TB yet?

The Magic isn't a whole lot different from the PA4. I'd look at the Gateway Shaman that was just released. It's supposed to be a smushed Magic.

We have some pretty similar responses in the HOD threads, and it's nice to see how you fill some of the gaps I have. I've been using a G* TB and FR Pinnacle Patriot to satisfy the straight fairway slot. Have you thrown a G* TB yet?

I'll have to keep my out for the new Gateway putter, a flatter Magic would be just what I am looking for.

I had some funny money and grabbed a G*TB. The flight is identical to a fresh Star TL. I mean absolutely identical. If I didn't have a stack of Star TLs still waiting to be used, I might switch over. I need to get in a field and try a forehand with it. My crappy form turns Star TL into turnovers but I wonder if the G*TB might resist this more.

We do definitely have similar choices on discs (and both throw with the proper hand). I've tried a few times to join your ranks of the PD lovers but just hasn't clicked for me. C PD works great for my forehand (straight and then slight fade) but I just can't get my backhand to click with PDs. If I get them up to speed, I get a low TB flight with 330' (maybe 15-20' more feet than my TB). If I don't, they fade like my domey Firebird and go only 280'. I picked up a moderately beat P PD to fool around with, it's pretty darn flippy requiring a boatload of hyzer to not turnover and I haven't spent enough time getting to know it to bag it. It may seem illogical but throwing a much faster disc (Destroyers) is more consistent for me than a PD. I know I have to "gear up" and use proper form for my Destroyers, so I do. They go farther (375') and hold the intended line more frequently.

Kaboom! 3 changes in the bag. I've been trying not to mess with my midranges but then I tried a Lucid Truth! It's longer, more reliable and just a easy to grip as my Z Buzzz. Bye bye Buzzz. I'm hoping to beat a BioFuzion into my BuzzzSS slot (holding a anny to the ground). I traded for a megabeat Opto Pure to eliminate my PA4. And then I traded for a beat old PFN Star Firebird that has taken over the slot of my domey Champ Firebird.

Distance Drivers

Control Drivers:
Star Firebird 175g (Beat, Overstable)

Fairway
Star TL 175g (Neutral)

Midrange
Lucid Truth 176g (Stable)

Putters
Opto Pure 176g (Neutral)
Opto Pure 174g (Slightly Understable)

Played the Charlotte Amateur Championship with my updated bag. 4 vary different courses (2 mixed open and wooded, 2 heavily wooded). Finally accepted the fact that something slower than a Destroyer was needed in my bag for my weenie 375' arm. It's way better to reliably hit 360' with a Valkryie that hit 375' but miss my line 50% of the time. Added a Classic Truth to the bag, great disc. Beatiful grip and hope it will beat in nicely to takeover my BuzzzSS slot. I didn't pull my Drone all weekend and can't remember the last time that I did. Might be time to pull it out of the bag.

Distance Drivers
Star Destroyer 172g (Overstable)
GStar Destroyer 168g (Stable with Fade)
Star Destroyer 167g (Stable)

Control Drivers:
GStar Valkryie 170g (Slightly Understable)

Fairway
Star TL 175g (Neutral)

Midrange
Classic Truth 175g (Stable with Fade)

Putters
Opto Pure 176g (Neutral)

A full month in the books with no changes. I'm pondering adding a more stable Valkryie to compliment my GStar; it's gotten pretty darn flippy and I've had trouble finding the sweet spot for hyzerflipping it. My 10 year old Champ Valkryie is perfect but I need to bump something out to make room. I'm thinking of switching in a GStar or Star Teebird to replace both my Champ Teebird and fresh Star TL. I lost my 2 year old Champ Teebird and the replacement is way too fresh; needs to be manhandled to not fly like a Firebird. The Star TL isn't beefy enough for pure hyzers. My Classic Truth is starting to overlap with my Lucid; hopefully a few more months and it will overlap with my BuzzzSS. In time, I'd still like to drop a mold (or two) out of the midranges. I'd like to get down to 4 distance drivers, 4 control drivers, 5 fairway drivers, 5 midranges and 4 putters (total 22).

Distance Drivers
Star Destroyer 172g (Overstable)
GStar Destroyer 168g (Stable with Fade)
Star Destroyer 167g (Stable)
Star Tern 172g (Understable)

Control Drivers:
GStar Valkryie 170g (Understable)

Fairway
Champion Glow Teebird 175g (Overstable)
Star TL 175g (Neutral)

Midrange
Classic Truth 175g (Stable with Fade)

Putters
Opto Pure 176g (Neutral)

Last edited:
I would minimize your fairways and mids. I think you could keep the Teebird and use one of the other three for understable duties. You could probably take out the Buzz-SS and maybe the 400mg M2.