• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BHMO

Can we please talk about Barsby's pants during day two? :popcorn:

IMAG0103.jpg

The pants were awesome, though I imagine pretty warm.

DSCN2979.jpg

A partial view of the gallery during the final 9

DSCN2978.jpg

I saw some dude carrying this disc and had to get a picture

DSCN2983.jpg

Barsby and Orum had things stolen from his car upon leaving Charlotte so he may not have had all his usual athletic togs available.

Would be nice at these NT events if they would put a scorekeeper every 3 holes. When your group gets to that hole, the scorekeeper enters the scores for all player and uploads them for the world to see. Just like they did at the Vibram a few years ago.

Would be nice at these NT events if they would put a scorekeeper every 3 holes. When your group gets to that hole, the scorekeeper enters the scores for all player and uploads them for the world to see. Just like they did at the Vibram a few years ago.

Yes, that would indeed be nice, but it takes scores of volunteers to make that sort of stuff happen, and they typically aren't coming out of the woodwork. The few that do help out are often needed to do other far more important tasks.

Chris, you have been to many, many big tournaments over the last two decades and certainly know what goes into running these types of events. This is not directed at you whatsoever.

But I often get the impression that a lot of folks just have zero clue what goes into running big events and tend to take so, so many things for granted. They see some nice feature at one event and can't understand why the same isn't being done everywhere, all the time.

FYI, we will be doing scoring stations at the Vibram this year. :thmbup:

So if players are drinking, etc. between rounds at NTs (as is alleged, but not proven), shouldn't the PDGA be concerned and investigate a bit? I highly doubt you'd see any PGA golfers downing a cold one before a round without some kind of fine being imposed. If the PDGA wants to protect and grow the sport, some kind of stand will need to be taken on this, if it is, indeed, true. Just seems like people won't take the sport seriously otherwise.

If the park rules allow drinking by those of legal age, the PDGA usually doesn't prevent players from drinking between rounds at those courses.

Maybe the PDGA could spend some money on 18 digital scorecards to be used at the NT events?? That possibly upload scores in real-time to a website?

Maybe the PDGA could spend some money on 18 digital scorecards to be used at the NT events?? That possibly upload scores in real-time to a website?

According to the Technology Director, the desire is that the PDGA app will eventually feature this functionality in the future. :thmbup:

i think its a fair suggestion. its difficult to be a fan of the sport. and by difficult to be a fan of the sport i dont mean its hard to like or want to follow i mean its hard to find information but still people are supposed to come and watch. maybe thats the angle.

According to the Technology Director, the desire is that the PDGA app will eventually feature this functionality in the future. :thmbup:

excellent, i already keep card scores on the app anyways so being able to link to official scores would be pretty cool...

The functionality is there right now to do live scoring on each card of a C-tier. But the logistics of getting a smart phone set up in each group going out in the afternoon round is where it gets unwieldy for a variety of reasons. I wanted to try it at an event last Fall but was deferred until such time as some of the web functionality was improved.