• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BHMO

it was a crystal z(input choice of disc here), a cotten teeshirt, and lunch the two days. 50$ to enter.

What is the deal with the final payout noting being reported yet on the PDGA website? Tournament was over 24 hours ago and still no payout reporting?

The functionality is there right now to do live scoring on each card of a C-tier. But the logistics of getting a smart phone set up in each group going out in the afternoon round is where it gets unwieldy for a variety of reasons. I wanted to try it at an event last Fall but was deferred until such time as some of the web functionality was improved.

I think this would be a very interesting idea, but you should probably start by making it optional. This would completely get rid of the 2 stroke penalty for mis-adding your scores, and it makes keeping score much easier as it adds on its own. Although I would definitely still keep a scorecard, you know the first time this gets tried someone's phone dies :doh:

Printed scorecards won't be needed until every group always has the scoring app AND the data is automatically updated to a server as the round continues to back up any problems with a smartphone. Even then, players will need to carry a paper scorecard as backup for the device going kaput during the round (getting tossed in the water "accidentally"?)

Everything automatically being uploaded to a server is a good idea, it'd be kind of cool to be able to look at the app and see how everyone else is doing too. Heck, we just got to see someone go from 2nd card to an insurmountable lead. Again, paper should still be used in case the server goes down.

The current PDGA live scoring system already acquires all data on the PDGA website for everyone to see but it is not saved locally in the smartphone. It works like a giant common scorecard for as many groups as the admin/TD would set up for the round.

The functionality is there right now to do live scoring on each card of a C-tier. But the logistics of getting a smart phone set up in each group going out in the afternoon round is where it gets unwieldy for a variety of reasons. I wanted to try it at an event last Fall but was deferred until such time as some of the web functionality was improved.

i volunteer to beta test at an event if you keep it to a single day at a course i want to play :)