• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Broke 500 ft Barrier!!

that looks like a nice course in that photo, they do a good job cutting the grass and stuff, i play on a navy base, where the base has a contract with people that cut the grass, and on 2 of the holes they only cut once a month, the rest of the course they cut once a week.

i played yesterday and had 1 bogey and 3 birdies...but the course i play on is open and ez most of you guys would shoot better than -5 under on it first time out.

:eek:

ya i have changed my form since my orginal video, i was taking too many steps and bouncing and so on...I live in Virginia i dont know if there are any distance competitions near me, i bet they would be fun to try, i dont know about the natural part, i think i was just gifted with high twitch muscle fibers..
here is a video from last year kicking a 55 yr field goal in my first football season in semi-pro, i have kicked 68 in practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buj5he0ZG7o

68 yards, huh? That's pretty good. NFL record 63 yards...only like 7 times has someone broken 60 + yards in NFL history. What other freakish athletic feats can you accomplish? Can you hit a baseball 500 feet as well? How about driving a golf ball 500 yards? Bench press 800 pounds?

He can only bench 570lbs but hes only been working out for a couple weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=119te_7OJBA

judging by his arm speed he's telling the truth.

I disagree, his arm speed doesnt look that explosive. Im not saying he isnt throwing it that far, but his arm speed doesnt look special and the height of that throw doesnt look it. If hes throwing a 450' knife hyzer hes probably got 700' when he learns to throw it.

68 yards, huh? That's pretty good. NFL record 63 yards...only like 7 times has someone broken 60 + yards in NFL history. What other freakish athletic feats can you accomplish? Can you hit a baseball 500 feet as well? How about driving a golf ball 500 yards? Bench press 800 pounds?

Well said.

68 yards, huh? That's pretty good. NFL record 63 yards...only like 7 times has someone broken 60 + yards in NFL history.
That's taking what he said completely out of context. Just kicking a 68 yard fieldgoal is something I'm sure quite a few people can do. Doing it consistantly enough to justify doing it during a game is completely different.

So it's only happened 7 times in NFL history, but how many times has it been attempted?

That's taking what he said completely out of context. Just kicking a 68 yard fieldgoal is something I'm sure quite a few people can do. Doing it consistantly enough to justify doing it during a game is completely different.

So it's only happened 7 times in NFL history, but how many times has it been attempted?

It is not taking it out of context at all. No, there aren't a lot of guys who even in practice can hit 68 yard field goals...and long desperation field goals are tried from time to time. Granted...not often...BECAUSE it is out of range for most PROFESSIONAL kickers.

It is not taking it out of context at all. No, there aren't a lot of guys who even in practice can hit 68 yard field goals...and long desperation field goals are tried from time to time. Granted...not often...BECAUSE it is out of range for most PROFESSIONAL kickers.

NFL look for high percentage kickers with stats, that they can put %'s on from ranges, a pro team will not risk a long field goal for the loss in field posistion if missed. :doh:

[/QUOTE= OP, its exciting that youve been able to accomplish so much with so little time in this sport. Keep on improving your game, and I think youll stick with it for all the other aspects we all enjoy that arent throwing a disc a mile :) even tho that is fun too [/URL][/QUOTE]

i probably just got lucky with the way i throw, i went out and kept throwing one day until i understood the physics of the disc, and how to start it out, throwing it hard was the easy part, i still have trouble releasing low as i want, but that will come with time, if this is a sport that i decide to play for a while.

Grange has a distance competition on Thursday, 27 May. It is in Spotsylvania, not too far from you. You should enter. You can take your set of 5 throws any time between 5 & 7pm.

BTW - I am also in Spotsy; hit me up via PM & we'll play the Grange, Hawk Hollow, Pratt, and/or Loriella. I'll silence the haters…

NFL look for high percentage kickers with stats, that they can put %'s on from ranges, a pro team will not risk a long field goal for the loss in field posistion if missed. :doh:

Yeah...I have cable too. Seen a few games myself. But you don't see many teams at the end of a game down by 2 sending in the kicking unit to put up a 70 yarder. No...even though it is a long shot as well...they put up a hail mary because you are more likely to make good on a 70 yard pass play (which doesn't happen often either) than to kick a 70 yard field goal.

Grange has a distance competition on Thursday, 27 May. It is in Spotsylvania, not too far from you. You should enter.

BTW - I am also in Spotsy; hit me up via PM & we'll play the Grange, Hawk Hollow, Pratt, and/or Loriella.

ya i will be there, do they have discs there u throw or do i bring my own? i only have 1 destroyer disc, its the one i seem to turn over the best, if i am bringing my own i guess i need to get 2 more.

thanks

Yeah...I have cable too. Seen a few games myself. But you don't see many teams at the end of a game down by 2 sending in the kicking unit to put up a 70 yarder. No...even though it is a long shot as well...they put up a hail mary because you are more likely to make good on a 70 yard pass play (which doesn't happen often either) than to kick a 70 yard field goal.

a 60 yard pass play is from the 40 (other side of field)
a 60 yard field goal is from the 43 yard line

if your on the 43 you might as well throw it, on averages even if you have a kicker that can kick 75, its still better odds to throw, much more can go wrong in a kick...Snap/hold/plantfoot/circulating wind in stadium/getting blocked.

where as a "hail mary" you throw it and the better man that play wins D or O (backs/Recievers)

Latest posts