• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Building a found disc bag

This is really interesting, I'll have to think of the many I've found over the years, but off the top it would be;

Putters;
P model S
Diamond Wizard

Mids/Approach;
Z Zone
Fusion Emac Truth
Prism Plasma Pyro

Fairways;
VIP Stag
Champ Firebird

Drivers;
McBeth Destroyer
Avery Destroyer
DGA Undertow
500 D2

Ask and ye shall receive. Rockland gifted me another no ink, nearly new, still has the sticker disc today. 174g Opto Explorer hanging in one of the trees on 18. It looks like I have a stable fairway to add to my found disc bag.

for a bit i was just cycling in "trunk discs" of whatever i had found

of recent the only one to stay in the bag is a pdd hysteria

also best ace ive ever gotten was with a lost and found disc that i used as a water disc

When I play another found disc round the lineup will be:

171g OG medium phi
176g Prime burst judge
Champ style Stryder
Z Comet
K1 Kaxe
178g prism neutron pyro
Tie dyed Z Avenger SS
174g Opto Explorer
Champ wraith

Th Kaxe was the most impressive disc from my last round. It was leopard like with consistent fade. The pyro was reliably overstable. Moose knows this too. Apparently they are easy to lose but also relatively easy to find. Mine is bright pink. The Avenger SS is a little more overstable than I want in my roller disc and it's also next to invisible after I throw it. The Stryder seems pretty controllable. I'm hoping the explorer is similar to my TL3's. I haven't thrown it yet.

Last edited:
I took the Rockland found disc bag for a spin today trying to beat the thunderstorms that are supposed to roll through. I played the Rockland reds.

4,3,2,4,3,2,4,2,3,4,3,3,2,3,3,3,2,3=53

I'm sorry DGCR people. I didn't throw the Comet.

Anyone else played a found disc round?

This sounds like fun, but I think I'd have a tough time putting together a balanced bag. Like a few others have said, I mostly find high speed drivers. While I've lost a few putters (including a 2nd run Ion that I just left on the ground after putting from my lie), I don't think I've ever found one.

This sounds like fun, but I think I'd have a tough time putting together a balanced bag. Like a few others have said, I mostly find high speed drivers. While I've lost a few putters (including a 2nd run Ion that I just left on the ground after putting from my lie), I don't think I've ever found one.
Most of the fun is using discs you're not familiar with. My first found disc round a couple years ago I used a Star Skeeter as my putter.

Most of the fun is using discs you're not familiar with. My first found disc round a couple years ago I used a Star Skeeter as my putter.
I hear ya. I've got a found (thrashed) dx beast in my main bag for trick shots. I was planning on giving it to a new player or one of my kids, but threw it on a water hole and was pleasantly surprised. Every once in a while, I need to throw a hyzer flip to turnover from a awkward standstill-only lie. That's where the beast shines (or fails in spectacular fashion).

I'll see what else I can find (got discs stashed in a few places), but for now it looks like I'd be putting with a star mako3. Probably a good mold considering, but I'm hoping to find some found DX. I hate putting with premium plastic.

I must be the only person here who plays a found disc round. Sad. I'll try and keep it interesting for y'all. I took my Rockland found discs out to play the blues. I haven't thrown the blues in probably 3 months. It was hot!

I threw:
EV-7 OG medium Phi
Prime burst Judge
400 Stryder
Z Comet
Prism Neutron Pyro
K1 Kaxe
Z Avenger SS
Opto Explorer
Champ Wraith

4,3,4,3,3,2,5,2,2,2,3,3,4,4,3,4,3,3=57

That's a hot score with my usual bag. I leaned on the Stryder, Pyro and Explorer a lot. They are excellent molds. I hit a really nice uphill anhyzer with the Phi from 40'. I'm not really jiving with the Comet (sorry DGCR cognoscenti). Maybe it's just too new.

I'm surprised you like the pyro that much. A bunch of my friends love it but I think it feels terrible in the hand. Explorers are nice, they really nailed the teebird clone with that one, and with the speed Lat plastic beats in you can cycle them while playing a human amount of disc golf rather than the years it takes for a champ teebird.

I'm surprised you like the pyro that much. A bunch of my friends love it but I think it feels terrible in the hand. Explorers are nice, they really nailed the teebird clone with that one, and with the speed Lat plastic beats in you can cycle them while playing a human amount of disc golf rather than the years it takes for a champ teebird.
The pyro is a little wonky feeling but it flies consistently overstable. I wouldn't go out and buy one but if I find another I'd throw it too. The Explorer seem to have less HSS than a Teebird. I get some flip up out of the one I throw even though it is almost new. I found it with the sticker still on it. It does have a reliable fade at the end of flight. I'd say it's like a Teebird/Eagle hybrid.

What else would you possibly throw on those Chicago 9er's?

When I play down there it's a starter bag with a cycle of bosses and destroyers, 4 to 5 total, Champ Groove and a tie dye Champ Valk for putt/approach duties. Simple.

I do putt a star destroyer if the winds up cuz I'm not stupid.

:sneaky:

Eventually we are going to have a tournament at Lake Marshall where you are randomly given 3-4 unclaimed lost discs at registration and have to play with them. By "eventually" I mean whenever I get my crap together and actually do it.

Are there MVP/Axiom discs that don't feel terrible in the hand?

Envy, Proxy, Anode I've thrown and enjoyed. Photon felt fine but the ones I threw were absolute hogs. Their mids are the worst part, though I think Hexs feel ok. The Pyro just has this big overhang that feels weird. Meanwhile I think the hand feel of a comet is fine, so user preference I guess

Envy, Proxy, Anode I've thrown and enjoyed. Photon felt fine but the ones I threw were absolute hogs. Their mids are the worst part, though I think Hexs feel ok. The Pyro just has this big overhang that feels weird. Meanwhile I think the hand feel of a comet is fine, so user preference I guess
Comet is the among the worst feeling discs ever imo. I always loved the flight and tried multiple times to convince myself to bag one but hated the feel so much I couldn't do it.

Y'all are high, Hex and Reactor feel great in hand as well as the numerous gyro putters I've thrown. I'm FH dominant so I like a flattish top, if you don't like flat you probably won't like the feel of many of their molds.

Wave feels like a typical 11 speed driver to me, great for my noodlish BH and a tailwind FH bomber. Dabbled with the Inertia and Insanity and they both feel like flat 9 speed drivers.

What else would you possibly throw on those Chicago 9er's?

When I play down there it's a starter bag with a cycle of bosses and destroyers, 4 to 5 total, Champ Groove and a tie dye Champ Valk for putt/approach duties. Simple.

I do putt a star destroyer if the winds up cuz I'm not stupid.

:sneaky:
220' wide open shot? FH flexing a Destroyer. Yeah baby! I overpower all that slow stuff.