• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bushnell Bluetooth speaker

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bushnell.JPG
    Bushnell.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 127
But it's interest free 😁

Better double as a range finder and disc retriever for that price.

As someone who dislikes hearing music on the course I have to ask: Why would they do this?

Oh yeah - to make money. I forgot.

Especially that sweet sweet extra money from people who choose 4 interest-free payments of $57.50

Uli had one and talked about it very briefly during one of his practice rounds... pretty sure it was during the practice round on Toboggan (probs somewhere around holes 4-7 or so, but I don't recall exactly). He didn't go into much detail on how it works. I got the impression it works in conjunction with UDisc, and is limited to the accuracy of the course map and/or GPS accuracy at your specific location.

If that's the case, and you're already using UDisc and have a blue tooth for music, I don't know it's worth it to buy another Bluetooth speaker just to call out distance to pin. But if you've been thinking about getting a speaker, fir tunes while you play, I suppose it's a nice plus.

I was in a tournament recently where we had to tell a player in the group behind us to turn off his music. He had it playing through a speaker with the (presumed) agreement of his group. But his group caught up to us while we were teeing off (the hole had a short backup)...and in the middle of one of my cardmates throws, here comes the music. We politely asked him to turn the speaker off while we were throwing and anytime he came up to our group. We let him know we didn't have anything against him using the speaker, but that we were not in his group listening to the music all the time, so it was distracting when we suddenly hear it. He was polite about it and we never had an issue again.

But, yes, speakers can be annoying on the course....especially since some players forget they only got permission from their group and not all groups....so they have to make sure they aren't a distraction to others.

why do people with speakers play the crappiest music? mostly jam band noodling around here......

If that was a sanctioned tournament, then he was in breaking the rules (Competition manual 3.01 C). No music, unless he uses earbuds. Should have been a courtesy violation called.

OOOO, I was not aware of that rule. And yes, it was sanctioned. I'll have to remember that one. (And politely let the player know about it).

I just recently got one of these for free from some trade show swag bag.

It connects to udisc AND/OR bluetooth. If it's connected to uDisc, the "B" button tells you how far you are from the basket of the hole you are currently on (using your phone's position and the hole map in uDisc). If it's connected to bluetooth (in phone settings) you can use it as a traditional speaker. You can have both connected at the same time and I was surprised at how well it connected and reconnected when powering on and off. Took a few seconds but it automatically connected again after a power cycle (to disc and the speaker).

uDisc + phone is never super accurate so I doubt I'll ever use it over my rangefinder. The speaker itself is fine, more tin can than bass boost, but not awful.

I never play music on the course so I don't see myself using it a ton. Maybe just casual rounds.

Latest posts