• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

2 arrived in the mail today, have not thrown them, both have puddle tops/concave flight plates.

Kind of reminds me of my Am Worlds Verdict (Truth stamped), but beefier.

In my experience, puddle tops do not propagate/glide as far before fading hard, kind of like the concave 11x Firebirds, so these will be (over)stable monkeys, probably more stable than my Wasps.

Also including a picture of Am Worlds Verdict/Z Wasp/1st Run Z Drone/1st Run Buzzz OS.

Based on visual inspection and holding the discs, I am guessing the Buzzz OS will be between the Wasp and Drone.

Was hoping for a flat flight plate, not concave, but in the world of molding soft plastics, flat usually means sort of flat or sometimes flat......

Supposedly most of the blues are concave. The non-blues I picked up are just flat, not concave.

i wonder if these would be in high of demand and have people curious if they used a different name other than their well known "buzzz" name.

i wonder if these would be in high of demand and have people curious if they used a different name other than their well known "buzzz" name.

I'll put it his way: I consider myself a pretty serious golfter, who, for the most part rises above the marketing blitz and isn't enticed by the "latest and greatest" malarkey unless someone I trust tests it first or I get my hands on one without buying it.

And I pre-order ed three of these just because of the Buzzz name.

I'll put it his way: I consider myself a pretty serious golfter, who, for the most part rises above the marketing blitz and isn't enticed by the "latest and greatest" malarkey unless someone I trust tests it first or I get my hands on one without buying it.

And I pre-order ed three of these just because of the Buzzz name.

i like the thought of the buzz os wiping out two molds (hornet and wasp)

but i must say putting the buzz name on it kinda sold the deal on me wanting to try it.

i think the last disc i bought on release day was the saint pro.

i have my pink heavy coming in the mail and the anticipation is building. all the reviews from folks on here are making it sound like just what i am looking for

It's just a scheme to sell more wasps ( with different print) :D

Seriously though, for those who have thrown them, how much overlap is there betweeen Buzzz OS and wasp?

Seriously though, for those who have thrown them, how much overlap is there betweeen Buzzz OS and wasp?

I'd imagine after a season of spike hyzers, flick rollers and general tree whacking, it'd straighten out to be pretty Waspish. Never really know how a disc is going to beat in though, if it'll lose HSS or LSS first, ya know?

with no bead and a fat nose I would bet is on losing LSS first. Its still a "buzzz" mold which historically fly very HSS regardless of condition/run'

I'd imagine after a season of spike hyzers, flick rollers and general tree whacking, it'd straighten out to be pretty Waspish. Never really know how a disc is going to beat in though, if it'll lose HSS or LSS first, ya know?

So you say the Buzzz OS is more overstable than a wasp? Why even call it a buzzz then? -.-

From all I have read in this thread I dont think there is a buzzz os shaped hole in my bag.

I love the bead on the Wasp and that's why I don't have any interest in the Buzzz OS. If Discraft stops making Z Wasps, and they better not, than I will bag a Buzzz OS.

Mine seem a little more OS then the wasp. Definetly could be the only OS mid I need now, has nice hyzer lines, and awesome flat flights with a nice soft finish at the end. So far loving this disc and will replace every OS mid I have. Thank you Disc Craft!

So you say the Buzzz OS is more overstable than a wasp? Why even call it a buzzz then? -.-

From all I have read in this thread I dont think there is a buzzz os shaped hole in my bag.

Why market it as a Buzzz? Supposedly it's a Buzzz with a spacer in it or something. Also, $$$!

Sure am glad I ordered from Prime as well. Infinite still doesn't have theirs with no ETA in sight. Pretty lame of Discraft, but that's their cross to bear.

I just want to throw this. It sounds pretty rad.

I got a Yellow and a Pink max weight and these things were mad stable. I only threw them a few times over the weekend but from what I saw they were more like my zones than my wasp. I really like the disc but not sure if I can drop my zones for them though I just have to work with them more!

Holy Beefcake Batman

Picked one up from the shop before my round today, 175g blue, purple stamp. I only had a couple holes to throw it off the tee, and I had the most success with it for touchy FHs. The one short backhand hyzer hole I threw it on came way short. I just wasn't prepared for how much of a beefcake this thing was. However, I think I'll be able to dial this thing in before long. I certainly like it better than the Ti Wasp I used to throw.

Seems to be quite a bit of variance across the board on these. I'll chalk that up to first runs as well as different power levels. Too bad I won't be able to throw my two from Prime until Friday at the earliest. God knows when my one from Infinite will arrive.

Latest posts