• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] C PD similar to starfire?

DMLara89

I have been hearing how similar the PD is to a longer teebird, but have also heard the C line PD's are pretty stable. I am looking for something along the lines of a starfire flight. Good HSS and a strong fade at the end of the flight, so when thrown flat with a good snap, it flies straight with almost no turnover and holds that line until it fades at the end of its flight. Is the C PD what I am looking for?

Also, will it turn over in the wind or hold its line?

I'd say they are close, to me brand new S-PDs are very Starfire like.

Thanks for the input! I am really looking for something that will definitely fade because when I really snap my starfire it doesn't seem to really fade back like I want it to. I think I'm going to pick up a C PD and give it a try.

Also consider the millennium orion lf when you're looking for this disc. Specifically in Sirius or Quantum plastic. IMO the olf felt better in the hand and more like a starfire than a pd.

Also consider the millennium orion lf when you're looking for this disc. Specifically in Sirius or Quantum plastic. IMO the olf felt better in the hand and more like a starfire than a pd.

Most OLFs flip when thrown flat with power, especially in the wind. I agree that they feel more like the SF, but the PD flies more like the SF. CPDs fade a little earlier than a SF, but it is a better gliding more forward moving fade.

Most OLFs flip when thrown flat with power, especially in the wind. I agree that they feel more like the SF, but the PD flies more like the SF. CPDs fade a little earlier than a SF, but it is a better gliding more forward moving fade.

Yeah, that is true, I think it does depend on the run though. The 1.2's with the big star stamp can handle all kinds of power without flipping, but the 1.1's are turnover machines. I know the C-PD has a dependable fade, but I found that the olf in all plastics had that awesome fade. But you're probably right, the C-pd is closest to a SF in terms of HSS.

I have been hearing how similar the PD is to a longer teebird, but have also heard the C line PD's are pretty stable. I am looking for something along the lines of a starfire flight. Good HSS and a strong fade at the end of the flight, so when thrown flat with a good snap, it flies straight with almost no turnover and holds that line until it fades at the end of its flight. Is the C PD what I am looking for?

Also, will it turn over in the wind or hold its line?

Why not just throw a starfire...

yeah this depends on the run.

the 1.2 QOLF in clear plastic(not opaque run) is pure beef. Same stability as a stock CPD

You can find OLFs in every stability from Firebirdish to turning like a Roadrunner. I think that is the same case with the PD.

Both classic discs. I would recommend trying both. Don't limit yourself to the PD overhype train(OP not discspeed). I throw both by the way. They are different enough

Latest posts