• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Caiman

First impressions - great feel in the hand, outstanding HSS and OS flight (tested forehand only % throws). Should be a great compliment to my Rats and Cros. I was previously bagging a first run frontline Mortar and a swirly star mortar - both felt quite different in hand and offer different flights. The caiman for me will kick both mortars out (first runs back in storage :thmbup:) and fill the spot nicely.

I tossed a pink first run a little next to a teal 1.3 frontline x Sunday. Caiman seemed to dump a little harder but I'm sure that's because it was new compared to the mortar at 7/10. Some of that could be the nose also.

I'm weird about flicking discs with beads, and the micro bead on the caiman wasn't noticeable. For the most part I'd say they're interchangeable, especially if the caiman is easier to find locally and not $20 apiece.

My original 2015 ledgestone ti flx zone has gotten a lot longer after wear so I don't know how much I'll use the caiman but it's a nice disc for sure.

I tossed a pink first run a little next to a teal 1.3 frontline x Sunday. Caiman seemed to dump a little harder but I'm sure that's because it was new compared to the mortar at 7/10. Some of that could be the nose also.

I'm weird about flicking discs with beads, and the micro bead on the caiman wasn't noticeable. For the most part I'd say they're interchangeable, especially if the caiman is easier to find locally and not $20 apiece.

My original 2015 ledgestone ti flx zone has gotten a lot longer after wear so I don't know how much I'll use the caiman but it's a nice disc for sure.

Ti FLX Zone...best forehand disc I've ever used

I'm not sure how to feel about myself. I was gonna order a Caiman almost did it. Backed out last second and bought a Taurus instead.

Mine came in last night. Not a fan of star plastic, but this was nice and stiff. Just playing around it seems like a high portion of the weight is concentrated on the rim compared to alot of my other discs. Rim is really chunky and super comfortable in the hand. The microbead is unnoticeable which is good for my forehand grip. going to put it through the paces this afternoon, but the initial impression is good.

I really like the Caiman. I bought a flat one just before a tournament and instantly clicked with it. It is very HSS but I can still get more distance out of it compared to Anvil and a flat Gator. Rim feels super comfortable. Skips way less than my flat Gators.

I saw some domey Caimans at Mando's in Auburn, WA the other day. They were all muted colors, almost faded, dark pastel. Each had a dome which curved consistently from shoulder to center of flight plate, not quite pop topped but the shape that typically lends itself to poppy tops in drivers. Probably a few mm of dome.

Also each of them had that interesting texture on the rim that made me think blizzard plastic at first. Then as I took a closer look and feel, I realized that the texture is not unlike that on many of the current run 1.5 mortars - not blizzardy with air pockets, but some kind of texture to the rim that maybe resulted from the way it was injected... just spitballing here.

More and more I like this disc. Star caiman is never coming out of my bag except for maybe a champ caiman when I get one. I can really hammer on this FH and it also accommodates the sporadic oat which lingers. BH this disc accommodates approach shots needing a hard fade at short range. It has gained my trust in its flight.

I messed around with a flat champ Caiman today, I really like it. Could be a nice drop-in replacement for my old Gator if I ever need one, the flight is nearly identical. I was dropping them a few feet from each other on all kinds of lines. So I guess a new flat Caiman flies like an old beat-in flat Champ Gator.

Star Caiman has been a valuable disc for sure. More often than not I'm throwing it because of a bad drive, but it's bailed me out plenty of times. It reminds me of prescription cough syrup, kind of a silver lining type of thing.

Latest posts