• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Caught someone breaking into my friends car at the course...

cali

* Ace Member *
Yesterday. Played a short 9 with my friend Mike and on the walk back to the car we saw a group of 6 kids by his car acting suspicious. As soon as they saw us walking up they all walked off casually into the woods. When we got to his car he noticed his drivers side door unlocked and his stereo had the bracket off of it and pry marks all over the metal piece. They managed to break it in the process. At least they didn't get his Ipod, CDs or golf clubs which were all in plain view. They got into the car using the coat hanger trick I guess because he left his window cracked open a bit.

The thing that really gets me is all 6 of these guys were carrying disc golf bags and the only people who park in that part of the lot are people who play. Would've gave chase and whooped ass but there were only 2 of us. I wrote down the number plates from all the cars around in the lot so I can keep an eye out for them in the future. Also got a pretty good look at all of the culprits in case I see them in the future for an ass beating.

Do you play courses in the ghetto primarily Callahan? Seems like this type of stuff happens to you alot...

Anyone want to hear the story of how I was tassed for the first time? It's a good one.

I was at a best buy, I went in for maybe ten minutes. I was checking to see if they had an item, I didn't even buy it, just saw it, and left. I was on my way to somewhere else. On my way out, I catch a glimpse of someone standing at my car. I quickly walked behind a car and sneaked up on him. As soon as I was within ten yards of him, he used a little lock breaker to knock my lock out. In case you're curious it is like an electric screw driver in appearance, but has a little metal piece that pokes your lock out with a lot of force, and sometimes twists to open the door. I then tackled the guy, picked this six inch tool up and repeatedly beat him in the face with it. I'm sixteen at the time. I really liked my car. Soon enough, I feel like someone punched me in the back. It was awful. I take this tool, gash him one more time with the sharp part, and then wail the blunt end into whom ever was behind me. It was a security officer. The security officer tassed me. WTF!?! Then I explained why there was a bloody unconscious thug on the ground, he then explained why there was a tasser pin in my back. As it turned out, the letter man jacket I was wearing didn't me get the full effect of the taser, because it me moving, and the jacket in between me and the pins, caused them to disconnect from my skin. The cops soon arrived and arrested the stupid would be thief. It cost him six hundred dollars so I could get my door fixed.

Luke said:
how I was tassed for the first time?
Have you been tased more than once? You may want to examine your lifestyle. :wink:

he used a little lock breaker to knock my lock out. In case you're curious it is like an electric screw driver in appearance, but has a little metal piece that pokes your lock out with a lot of force, and sometimes twists to open the door.

My car was broken into with one of these things. I found it strange that the only thing they took was the few $ in quarters I had in the center console. Not the gps or the stereo. My driver side door is still screwed up.

Jeronimo said:
Do you play courses in the ghetto primarily Callahan? Seems like this type of stuff happens to you alot...

hahaha

Another reason not to keep anything in plain sight. When I take my truck to the course, and I have my extra discs in the cab, I put them in the floor, and cover them with a towel or a jacket. I also take the face off my radio, and make sure nothing of value can be seen.

If I take the car, I keep everything in the trunk.

If you don't tempt them, they will move on the the next car.

I live in Dayton, Ohio. One of the highest growing crime rates in the midwest. This kind of crap happens a lot but not usually among fellow golfers.

I trust nobody , no matter where I am. I had my truck broken into in a croweded parking lot at 2pm on a Friday afternoon. Riped my stereo right out and smashed out my drivers side window. They also hit another car in the parking lot. It was my fault, because I had a detachable face on the radio, and I thought, "I don't need to take it off, its a sunny day in the middile of the afternoon, in a croweded parking lot". Boy , did I learn my lesson.

Now, I leave nothing in my car or truck that looks like it might be worth something.

Wow. This happened around 2:30pm in a crowded rec center parking lot. Balls to the wall theifs nowadays.

Dogma said:
Luke said:
how I was tassed for the first time?
Have you been tased more than once? You may want to examine your lifestyle. :wink:

Eh, I've been tassed, I'd say, about nine times. Once I was playing with my friends rape tasser that she carries around in her purse (her mom was sexually assaulted in college), and I wanted to see how strong it was. It was a little sized one you jab into someone. I also tried all six types of tassers that are issued to various branches of law enforcement in Arizona. My dad had to make a presentation on them for re-approval, and we both took turns on all of them. We taped it, too, which was fun, and provides laughs on a certain few. I was tassed in a bar once, by some thug. Shit went down after that. So, that makes a total of nine.

TeamTollandDG said:
he used a little lock breaker to knock my lock out. In case you're curious it is like an electric screw driver in appearance, but has a little metal piece that pokes your lock out with a lot of force, and sometimes twists to open the door.

My car was broken into with one of these things. I found it strange that the only thing they took was the few $ in quarters I had in the center console. Not the gps or the stereo. My driver side door is still screwed up.

Yeah, I got mine fixed, once he had gone to trial. Which took all too long, because during that time you could mess with the lock with just a well placed finger.

Hey callahan, I live in Dayton too. Was this at Belmont or at Kettering Rec. I know you said it was a rec center, Kettering or Loriey Center. Belmont I expect that, kind of a shady place if you ask me. Kettering I always thought was nice but it only takes a Dumb A$$ to ruin it. I will be playing Kettering about 6 or so today. Well Later

They got my car on tues. Stole $1500 worth of shit. I'm down for an ass beating as well. I play out at the rec. almost every day so i'm sure i've seen and maybe even played with them.

Recently at a local course someone knocked down 7 baskets with a four-wheeler. Didn't even take them.

:cry:

Thumper said:
They got my car on tues. Stole $1500 worth of shit. I'm down for an ass beating as well. I play out at the rec. almost every day so i'm sure i've seen and maybe even played with them.
pmed. payback time.