• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Central Coast Disc Golf - CCDG vids

:hfive:
Until they change the rules, they'll happen all the time. I'd say close to 80% of jump putts are illegal. They either have both feet in the air when they release for a traditional one (like you saw), or in the step putt one their front foot comes down, or again both feet are in the air.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:p

I dont know about 80%...I'd give a player the benefit of the doubt, but really would hope a player would control his stance better. When you get 6" off the ground when you release the disc, like in that vid, that's a bit much! :\

I dont know about 80%...I'd give a player the benefit of the doubt, but really would hope a player would control his stance better. When you get 6" off the ground when you release the disc, like in that vid, that's a bit much! :\

Yeah 80% is hyperbolic on my part. Honestly though, if you slow mo videod jump putts, I bet you a non insignificant portion of them are illegal.

In none foot fault news, Champ Vs Chumps is going doing 9 am at LaMi on Thursday. Team Champ will be Paul and Kona Panis. Team chump will be a ton of chumps.

Remember, to catch these damned Chumps in the act, if you pause YouTube, "," (comma key) will reverse one frame and "." (period key) will advance one frame. LET'S CATCH THESE CHEATING CHUMPS! :D

Remember, to catch these damned Chumps in the act, if you pause YouTube, "," (comma key) will reverse one frame and "." (period key) will advance one frame. LET'S CATCH THESE CHEATING CHUMPS! :D

That's really the only reason to watch, right? :popcorn::p:gross:

FEO-2016-facebook-event.jpg

2016 FLYING EAGLE OPEN

presented by

BONFIRE BREWING & LATITUDE 64

ROUND 3 - PART 1

GYPSUM CREEK GOLF COURSE | GYPSUM, CO
featuring
Joe Rovere, Jeff Bryk, Jim Kelly & J.C. Kester

JOE ROVERE COMMENTARY

All footage courtesy of Central Coast Disc Golf

Filmed by Dre Sarinana (On Dres Production), Peter Mares and Brian Guice.

Commentary by Ian Anderson, Peter Mares and Steve Klehfoth (tournament director)

Please subscribe to the Central Coast Disc Golf YouTube Channel to see all parts as they're released!​

Yeah 80% is hyperbolic on my part. Honestly though, if you slow mo videod jump putts, I bet you a non insignificant portion of them are illegal.

In none foot fault news, Champ Vs Chumps is going doing 9 am at LaMi on Thursday. Team Champ will be Paul and Kona Panis. Team chump will be a ton of chumps.

Looking forward to the next Champs v. Chumps! (with or without Sexton's commentary)

As to jump putts, it's like the bang-bang play at first base... usually the runner is out, and one can just tell when he's safe... and slo-mo tends to prove what one saw the first time.

Ditto that for jump putts... if I'm sitting there saying "I think he faulted there"... he probably did.

Alright, it's soon time, best start getting the cheering section going: Let's go chumps, let's go!

Could it be time for the greatest feat in CCDG history? Like you guys said in the podcast, 2015 McBeth was just too good, 2016 mcbeth ;) hasn't been quite the same wrecker of the open division, maybe he is within reach?

Ian, since you're commentary post-filming and with Nate, any chance you might do an intro along the lines of:

"Alright gang, we're back with another CCDG production. We got Nate Sexton ready to give us his insights 'say hi nate', joining me, Ian 'The Big Roller' Anderson"

I can just envision Nate trying to keep his poker face at the other end of the line :D .

Alright, it's soon time, best start getting the cheering section going: Let's go chumps, let's go!

Could it be time for the greatest feat in CCDG history? Like you guys said in the podcast, 2015 McBeth was just too good, 2016 mcbeth ;) hasn't been quite the same wrecker of the open division, maybe he is within reach?

Ian, since you're commentary post-filming and with Nate, any chance you might do an intro along the lines of:

"Alright gang, we're back with another CCDG production. We got Nate Sexton ready to give us his insights 'say hi nate', joining me, Ian 'The Big Roller' Anderson"

I can just envision Nate trying to keep his poker face at the other end of the line :D .

umm yeah...about that :p

Nate requested a still screen of each chump. I'll probably add names/nicknames. I'll put that for mine, just for you.

On the generous side (to the chumps), I'll give Paul only a 10 pt spread...

That's a pretty good guess, but I think I'll take the under. I bet we come in around 6 strokes behind.