• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

champ eagle + ?????????????

This "+" shit seems a lot like what they did when they started the fucking "-L" craze a few years back with some of their best discs.

So long as they keep the originals in production, I guess I don't care. It does add to my disliking for Innova more and more when they do this stuff. But damn, I sure do loves me some DX Gazelles and Eagle-Xs in any plastic. The only Innova discs I can't find replacements for from other companies and happen to be my work horses.

dvlcek said:
This "+" shit seems a lot like what they did when they started the fucking "-L" craze a few years back with some of their best discs.

So long as they keep the originals in production, I guess I don't care. It does add to my disliking for Innova more and more when they do this stuff. But damn, I sure do loves me some DX Gazelles and Eagle-Xs in any plastic. The only Innova discs I can't find replacements for from other companies and happen to be my work horses.

cyclones and maybe a combo of a striker and something else.

Is it just me or does it feel like Innova is starting to abuse a loophole in the manufacturing specs. Honestly, I don't really see other manufactures producing multiple versions of the same disc, adding something like -L or + so the vocabulary of those "in the know", and still calling it the same disc and using the same approval to make it legal. Even with the Nuke +, it is the same naming terminology, but Discraft never claimed it to be a legal disc or even the same mold. I feel like it is time for the membership to petition the PDGA to put a stop to this. It doesn't help the sport, confuses new players, and gives all player an extra hurdle to deal with when selecting discs.

curt said:
Is it just me or does it feel like Innova is starting to abuse a loophole in the manufacturing specs. Honestly, I don't really see other manufactures producing multiple versions of the same disc, adding something like -L or + so the vocabulary of those "in the know", and still calling it the same disc and using the same approval to make it legal. Even with the Nuke +, it is the same naming terminology, but Discraft never claimed it to be a legal disc or even the same mold. I feel like it is time for the membership to petition the PDGA to put a stop to this. It doesn't help the sport, confuses new players, and gives all player an extra hurdle to deal with when selecting discs.

Let me tell you about a little company called gateway...

curt said:

The only way things will change is if the PDGA board grows a set and challenges Disc companies on this. I dont see this happening ever. Could you picture Feldburg going to innova and telling them that we are changing the rules for new discs. Things like the Roc+ will need to be classified as a whole new mold. I see a conflict of interest with that considering well you know.

Frank Delicious said:
dvlcek said:

cyclones and maybe a combo of a striker and something else.

Oh, I've tried lots of discs to replace the babies. But I guess after 15 years with them, it' just too hard to give them up and I hate hearing this talk of them going away or changing their beautiful looks.

dvlcek said:
Oh, I've tried lots of discs to replace the babies. But I guess after 15 years with them, it' just too hard to give them up and I hate hearing this talk of them going away or changing their beautiful looks.

I know how you feel, please see my first two posts in this thread.

dvlcek said:

what would please you? multiple plastic gazelles?

x-out said:
dvlcek said:

Star Gazelles would be the bee's tits.

Dig It said:
x-out said:
dvlcek said:

Star Gazelles would be the bee's tits.

i agree. i'm willing to bet that they will probably happen this coming year, most likely in the form of a fundraiser disc.

x-out said:
dvlcek said:

HELL NO! I love my DX Gazelles and don't want other plastics, I'm fine with my rotation especially for mountain courses where the beat ones can shine. Keeping them in regular production would be fantastic but they are a fading disc in popularity among the weekend warriors who keep the sales numbers going for new discs. (them going away part). I'm also tired of this "+" (and in the case of the Eagle, the "L") shit and calling it the same disc. (changing their beautiful looks part).

I love the Eagle-X, I like the EL, but an Eagle +? No... Hell no, man! I believe you'd get your ass kicked for saying something like that.

BrotherDave said:
No... Hell no, man! I believe you'd get your ass kicked for saying something like that.

I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man. :D

sure the PDGA are the ones that say whether or not a disc is approved when a disc company brings them something new, but does the PDGA have any other relation to the companies? I don't think so.

the PDGA couldn't do a thing as far as complaining to disc companies to change their disc names so whiny players are less confused. the world turns.

discspeed said:
This thread is ridiculous...DGR + Paranoia...
Yea c'mon guys, this is not a site where you should speculate or have opinions about discs.

That's not True at all. The PDGA has complete control over the discs that are used in it's tournaments. There are specific guidelines that are must be followed for manufacturers to make discs for tournament play. It is the PDGAs responsibility to enforce the guidelines and it should enforce restrictions on non complaint manufacturers. I think that the regulations should be written so that if a disc changes, then it should be reapproved and if the PDGA finds that a mold is changed without approval, there should be consequences (personally I would ban the entire mold from tournament play for a year and fine repeat offenders). If you think the PDGA doesn't have this kind of authority, then look at the wedge issue in ball golf.

discspeed said:
This thread is ridiculous...DGR + Paranoia...
Sorry Discpeed (and the rest of you Eagle lovers), it's not paranoia.

I read this thread earlier and didn't realize it was purely people speculating or I would have posted this link already.

The Eagle+ Exists

*Someone please find Frank and lock him up so he can't go after Dave D.