• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion TeeBird with the DX Circle Totum Pole stamp!

I'm not a total noodle arm here, and I'd be hard pressed to find too much difference from my red totem TB and my fresh S-PD. o_O I let my buddy have a go, with a much bigger arm and a respectable anhyzer it still flexed back pretty hard. Very o/s! I don't know if I have a spot for it. Gonna try to take all my TB's and do some field throws tomorrow if the weather's good, maybe the orange one is more (neutral)stable.

I should prob just stick to star birds, kinda disappointed here. :/

Did anyone get an extra lighter weight teebird? I'll buy a new heavy one in your choice of colors to ship to your door in exchange for something 170. I really don't do well throwing the heavy stuff.

Mine are more stable than what I'm used to also but that's because the PLH is higher on the Totems than on my other champ and star. Also the fact that they are 175 vs the usual 170-172 TBs that I throw. It's just something I have to get used to. ****, I birdied the first hole I threw it on, so it can't be that bad!

You can't choose colors this time

Why do you say that? I liked mine so much I bought another five and it still said to list color preferences in the comments. Pretty sweet discs. Worth working some extra shifts next week to pay for them.

Mine are more stable than what I'm used to also but that's because the PLH is higher on the Totems than on my other champ and star. Also the fact that they are 175 vs the usual 170-172 TBs that I throw. It's just something I have to get used to. ****, I birdied the first hole I threw it on, so it can't be that bad!

I hadn't looked at the PLH. I have a couple 175 metal flake CFRs and I thought those were beefy.

they are PROBABLY gonna beat in nice. i flat topped one of mine
last night and today i went outside and threw full power drives into a tree 15ft away about 100+ times
its now flying much farther before the fade. where before it was a beefy lil pig.. lol

just a little advice

Got 5 coming in asked for yellow blue and orange

Screen_shot_2011-01-21_at_8.47.37_AM.png

you guys know they are using the cfr glow non plus mold for these right? its the same disc for those wanting a white one.

If I'm not mistaken.. which I'm usually not... I believe the new 12x Firebirds are flat like they are because they started using the Glow FB mold to make them.

My thoughts on this are with the Firebirds and the CFR PDs. If they can make those discs come out that flat when they're usually domey, they have to be physically doing something to make them that way.

Glow mold? Why would they create a mold specifically to run glow discs when they run at least $10k for a mold? If they can afford to do that, why can't we get a new mold for some Pirahnas?

you guys know they are using the cfr glow non plus mold for these right? its the same disc for those wanting a white one.

Tbird888 is the only one making any sense here. What is up with every talking about "glow molds", CFR molds, etc. in this thread?

Innova uses the same mold for all Champ Teebirds (non plus molds obviously), there is no "glow mold" or "CFR mold". The dome and/or flatness of the disc is relative to the amount of time the stamp is applied. More time applying stamp equals flatter disc, pretty obvious isn't it??? This is why the first run of Glow Gators were flatter, and the later ones were more domey. They start cranking them out to meet demand, and they're not going to waste time applying the stamps.

This site is full of so much misinformation it makes my head spin.

Tbird888 is the only one making any sense here. What is up with every talking about "glow molds", CFR molds, etc. in this thread?

Innova uses the same mold for all Champ Teebirds (non plus molds obviously), there is no "glow mold" or "CFR mold". The dome and/or flatness of the disc is relative to the amount of time the stamp is applied. More time applying stamp equals flatter disc, pretty obvious isn't it??? This is why the first run of Glow Gators were flatter, and the later ones were more domey. They start cranking them out to meet demand, and they're not going to waste time applying the stamps.

Troof
Also: plastic/urethane used has alot to do with dome/lack thereof as well

Oh yea... I forgot the only thing that gives a disc the dome is the stamp on the disc(lol). That's why blank discs are so domey and stamped discs are so flat(lol)! I remember seeing on here once that Ching Rocs were so flat because they had a big full circle stamp they used... Oh wait, these TBs have big full circle stamps. Flawed logic is flawed.

At least when I regurgitate things I've seen on the forums, I have the courtesy to say "unless I'm mistaken". You should try the same. Oh and claiming you know exactly what molds Innova has and doesn't have... is almost as ludicrous as thinking you know everything about the dome/stamping physics.

Latest posts