• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colorado Mountain Courses -- Opening Dates?

Colorado CJ

Hello everyone. I started disc golf last summer. Last August I camped out in the national forrest between Bailey and Connifer and played a couple of courses for two days with my dad, brother in law and nephew and had a GREAT time (here's a short video of Bailey)

Disc Golf "Up Da Mountain": https://youtu.be/L2XgoNb6Nig

Anyway, to my question. When do the mountain courses usually open up? I'm rebuilding a FWC popup camper and I'd like to have it done by the time the mountain courses are open for play. Last time I bivouaced in a military bivy in the pouring rain all night, so this time I'd like to be better set up :D

Mountain courses usually open in June sometime but the snow has been melting pretty rapidly. The resort courses really have no official opening date but there are some higher elevation courses open now. Bailey, conifer, lake Dillon DGC, Rocky mountain village, ghost town, are open.

That first hole looks great but I couldn't make it through much of that video due to all the slo-mo.

Thanks for the dates. I didn't think the courses on 285 would have been open yet. Looks like I need to get busy with that camper!

As for the video, it was just something funny my dad made. He just thought we sounded funny/drunk with the slo-mo.

Considering the warm winter, most non resort courses should be open or opening soon. The resort courses typically don't open till around mid June.

That first hole looks great but I couldn't make it through much of that video due to all the slo-mo.

That's actually the shortest of three "bomb" holes on that course. It's right around a 500' throw, but I've hit metal with a putter. It's funny to watch first timers pull out drivers and mids and throw it over the road!

Im not surw about CO but it should be soon. My local ski hill course is up, and we get a hell of a lot of snow around here in northern WI/MI

Beaver Ranch/Conifer stays open year round. Bailey is open now, closes from time to time for cows, usually in the winter. And the other "private" courses (Bucksnort, Phantom, Eagle Vista, Hi-View...) those are open year round too, depending on conditions, but the baskets are up year round. The ski resort courses don't usually open until June-ish, depending on conditions and when the baskets can get put back in the ground.

Beaver Ranch/Conifer stays open year round. Bailey is open now, closes from time to time for cows, usually in the winter. And the other "private" courses (Bucksnort, Phantom, Eagle Vista, Hi-View...) those are open year round too, depending on conditions, but the baskets are up year round. The ski resort courses don't usually open until June-ish, depending on conditions and when the baskets can get put back in the ground.

What and where is this Hi-View course that you speak of? Can't say i've heard of that one yet.