• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Common Misconceptions

^^^^ Hehehe. And doesn't most courses have an ace board? Everyone around here that I've played on does.

I think that's kind of a regional thing. No place to sign on most courses in SE MI.

I haven't played very many, mostly western WA. Look on the back of the readerboard/course layout board. The funny thing is I think JDoggg is pretty well traveled.

"those who can't play, coach"

i can play but there is a reason you don't see me doing clinics all the time.

Ive read some of your insights in your thread, i can tell some things come naturally to you, that stuff may be more difficult to explain for you, but I wouldnt say that you would be a bad or even average instructor, i bet you would do well at it because you seem driven, and desire is to teach is more important sometimes than the knowledge you possess, im sure some teachers could agree with that. Lets get Brit in here and hear her opinion on your coachin skills :popcorn: j/k lol

* run on sentences are fun

I've never seen them in central MN.

Really? I'd figure it would be more wide spread. I mean right up there with trash cans spread thru out the course. Most courses are heavily wooded so there's no way to pick it up except by hand. Always try to grab a bag finishing up.

^^^It must be an Olympic Peninsula thing. I don't see a lot of trash on most of the NW courses other than, for example, Pier Park, and neighbors usually scour for returnables there.

I haven't played very many, mostly western WA. Look on the back of the readerboard/course layout board. The funny thing is I think JDoggg is pretty well traveled.

So, in other words, its not actually an "ace" board. Just more vandelism. :mad:

Got it.

Oh no, it's a full blown "ace" board. And as always there's some Ahole that tags it but it's gridded out with names, dates, holes aced. I just thought the JDogg was funny because I saw that the other day and had a nice laugh to myself. Actually wrote he ace hole #3. Uuuuhuh sure you did....

I'm sick of seeing MP and Ebay listings talking up the awesomeness of "fingerprinty and fingerprint plastic" or some other nonesense. None of these discs looked like this when they were produced, I know you know all about disc golf because you've been playing for 2 years but the damn disc is self destructing and that is not a good thing.

if you don't carry a bag you're a chucker......i once saw a kid on the course when my buddy and i were playing our second round and decided to play a pick 3 round...this kid was carrying a brand new mahal and i hadn't seen one in person...so i purposely make sure i get to get a look at it...i ask him "hey is that a mahal?" he looks at me and my 3 discs in my hand and says "yeah" and turns away giving me and my buddy a dirty look.....

if you don't carry a bag you're a chucker......i once saw a kid on the course when my buddy and i were playing our second round and decided to play a pick 3 round...this kid was carrying a brand new mahal and i hadn't seen one in person...so i purposely make sure i get to get a look at it...i ask him "hey is that a mahal?" he looks at me and my 3 discs in my hand and says "yeah" and turns away giving me and my buddy a dirty look.....
In that case, just carry your best two to four discs and destroy someone whilst leaving the bag at home. #psychologicalwarfare

Oh that's a good one. Just cause you carry more doesn't mean you play better.

To go along with that one:

You need to have a different disc for each shot type that you will use on the course.

. . . and desire to teach is more important sometimes than the knowledge you possess . . .

I'm sorry but I've got to back to this one! Maybe I'm taking this too much to the extreme but are you actually saying that it's okay to have teachers that have desire to teach but don't really know what they are teaching. Now I know why I've had to reteach my kids some math or science concept that their teacher couldn't explain or just got wrong. (can anyone think of an example :D)

Don't get me wrong having all the knowledge and no desire makes for terrible teachers as well, but teachers should know what they teach.

And don't get me started on all the well meaning parents I've seen through the years trying to coach little kids soccer.

Anyway back the regularly scheduled topic.

Misconceptions...

Disc golfers are friendly and helpful. (it's the person, not what they do)

You can make a substantial amount of money playing this game. (Solavei)

Cops on the course is bad. (useless, perhaps...)

You should appreciate free advice. (free advice: don't take me seriously)

Latest posts