• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

cool/odd Art for the course..?

10389427_1450303361885674_8939685636140937783_n.jpg

Centennial Park, Lawrence, KS
Hole 13 Tee area

Awesome thread!
Don't have a pic but the Monty in Monticello, GA has items from what appears to be dump displayed.
The old sewing machine comes to mind.
One hole has deer skulls/antlers hung high up in the trees.

Toney's Mountain golf has mushrooms carved out of tree stumps everywhere. Best thing i've seen is the piano with a tree growing through it at the Oaks Course in Monterey.

Peace_Trunks_700.jpg

These used to be at Horning's Hideout, till some D-bags broke one of the fingers off.:wall:

Story I got from the boys there was the fingers were getting pretty rotted out around the base due to termites and animals and such, but some DB's helped the progress along by breaking one finger off. When I was down there last fall there was just one finger sticking up, lol. Last month I was there and both fingers are gone along with the stump. Sad, but inevitable.

The BlueAngel-Palmetto course in Pensacola has a number of disconnectedly odd pieces of 'artwork"---a huge old Dutch bell that hangs 12' up in the fairway, right in the hyzer line; a decommissioned John Deere tractor[with simulated side of a barn] near a pin; a "tire" tree; a crawfish boiling shack between #s 13-14, with propane and water available; big concentric rings around a pin, to prevent sliding or skipping; a 15' tall wooden dg basket at the entrance to the complex; and a beercart that delivers, truly a work of art.:clap:

That is my favorite park to play at. I found a couple pics from there. Funny story about the toilets, that are no longer there. I was playing back in 09 and smashed a tomahawk down the fairway, these toilets sat about 30' from the basket. Sure enough I slammed into the toilet busting the top of it and landing in the toilet. One of the guys on the card called it a "Crappy Ace" but they refused to give me the ace pot...

Attachments

• 2009-07-17 10.28.24.jpg
    2009-07-17 10.28.24.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 2009-07-17 10.51.25.jpg
    2009-07-17 10.51.25.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 65
The Valmont course in Boulder has a wall of old car parts that is slowly turning into a robot taken from the grounds that used to be a junkyard.

I think hanging a bell at a strategic hyzer point would be awesome. Or maybe several bells hung as a mando.

I thought this basket behind the Nati pro shop and hole 18 at Mt. Airy was neat:

Boondocks Farms in Knightstown, Indiana doubles as a haunted forest around Halloween so there are scare stands and coffins littered throughout the course. There are also a lot of wooden animal sculptures on the drive to and in the parking lot. Pretty decent course too.

We have chain man, but right now he only comes out for the big tourneys.
We don't have the area that he will live, ready yet.

Attachments

• 20140713_145443-1.jpg
    20140713_145443-1.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 74
We have chain man, but right now he only comes out for the big tourneys.
We don't have the area that he will live, ready yet.

That's really cool. I'd like to see that on my course. Where did the big metal links come from for the body?

I wish I had a picture of the old z at z-boaz park in benbrook tx. Nothing super special but pretty cool.

I love this thread! Art and disc golf go hand in hand, the more the merrier I say. I remember a pretty cool teepee structure when I played Golden Gate Park. One of my local courses here has some uniqueness to it, I'll have to take some pictures. I've been wanting to paint up a few spots there myself but haven't had the extra time.

I have always wanted to do mosaics on the local teepads.o Mostly I want to do a map of the hole with the length.

This is a brilliant idea!

Boondocks Farms in Knightstown, Indiana doubles as a haunted forest around Halloween so there are scare stands and coffins littered throughout the course. There are also a lot of wooden animal sculptures on the drive to and in the parking lot. Pretty decent course too.

Was just thinking of loading up some pics... Haha! Surprised to see my home course even mentioned! :thmbup:

Latest posts