• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool Private Tourney Format

If you are throwing backwards wouldn't you be throwing directly at other people who are playing the course? It seems beyond confusing and I am offended that you called out midnightbiker as a bad player when you have never met him.

If you are throwing backwards wouldn't you be throwing directly at other people who are playing the course? It seems beyond confusing and I am offended that you called out midnightbiker as a bad player when you have never met him.

I think that is why it takes place at night and before the rooster crows.

This will be a fun format. All will remain interested for the duration. Will also create interesting decisions for whom gets to take the extra shot during backward round.

1) the only technique & strategy this is related to is the art of trolling

2) if you have the time to set up this thing, and can actually find an additional 15 sheep to drag through this, more power to ya

3) there are a few interesting ideas there, and would be great if applied separately, but at the moment the whole setup is quite confusing

feel free to berate me for this comment cause its apparently how you roll

Unanticipated response from the guy with 7k posts. I tell my students to ask a question about what you don't understand instead of responding with such a conversation ending manner.

well its official, if you want to be found...how can I answer your question?

I can see your relationship with your students as being like a freshly minted second lieutenant that was shot by his own men.

there are some unique ideas, but you can not just expect everyone to high-five you. Each time someone criticizes you, you get very defensive. Run your tourney and I hope you all have a blast, let us know how it goes, but don't ask for advice and berate the people who give it to you.

I responded in the same degree everyone else responded to me. All good. Just talking tourney options everyone. LOOKin for ideas:thmbup: Not pessimism:thmbdown:

As for calling rider a bad player...never said it...just cause he post tons doesnt make him good or bad. At the same time, it doesn't give him the right to respond so nastily. As for sidewinder...talk about troll.retodd video...total troll material.

Biker is just afraid to admit I might be on to something fun but if some people dont post the good idea on this site than I think they have this complex and try to respond antiproductive to the cause. Not sure why? just trying to make the game a little more fun here:clap:

In the meantime, as long as I am awake, questions, comments, concerns about the topic...any input to make the idea better. who cares about the sensitive idiot right?

Last edited:
Nate, I think what some people are suggesting is that glo safari golf at 4am is not what most players' idea of a fun tournament is, and we are also critical to entertain the idea of filling three teams of six.

More power to you if you can. We all want you to have a successful run at this, despite the criticism.

Sorry. Night golf in these parts is kind of a big deal. Night tourneys, leagues, and casual play happens around here all the time.

I was hoping the term private may of got everyone thinking I was just referring to friends who would be up to playing any style as long as the game kept everyone interested. Playing at night is not always an easy thing, so I thought it would add some challenge to descent players who I would only invite to take part in such a NOT NORMAL tournament style.

As for the park. I would have it reserved through the owner even if I only had small numbers of players, so no worries of taking people out if we were playing an alternative course.

there you go...
why not flip the time to evening 1st round? play 2nd round afterwards?
we hold a halloween event where 1st round play is in late afternoon,then food/supper break,come back and play the glow.

We very well could, but the even is set up so that the night round is the more challenging round, and the day round is the chance to catch up in case the night round went bad.

Not to mention, having a caterred breakfast in the morning sounds awesome by those in the crew I have spoke with.

The set up is going to be different from the norm, but I have played in tournaments where there is a day and night round, but it was informal, but fun.

I'd suggest using match play instead of strokes.
If everyone is simillar skill wise, or enough to be divided into three divisions.

Each player could earn points for their team.

Three player "dubs" could be cool too.
All three tee,whoevers shot you use can't shoot the next shot..so if we use my approach, I don't get to putt- my other two teamates do.

It might work better if teams were three man vs six.

We have considered and like the idea of the three men, which is what we started thinking at first. The next thing, we got a six man crew that doesnt want to break up, so were looking like we would have to invite two other six man crews.

As for strokes, we were thinking just assigning places points, but keeping strokes something that comes up often in the discussions. I guess we were looking to find a way not to penalize a pair if they had a completely notorious round.

thanks for the input!

I would suggest playing Safari instead of backwards. It completely changes the course and makes you greatly appreciate having a clear walkpath from hole 1 to hole 2. Making an 18 hole course into 9 safari holes completely changes the course and for the second round you can swap them up(2 to 3, 4 to 5, etc)

Also, the idea about the teams seems just a little over complicated. Why not implement one of the various diff formats that are tried and true. Most doubles are played captians choice(best shot) but there is also alternating or my favorite, worst shot. Worst shot requires both teammates nail the putt for it to be good. Something about that just makes me smile inside.

I give you props for originality, you just need to refine your ideas slightly. My experience here so far has led me to believe that most players on here don't like to have to think. They just want to tell you what their favorite disc is. It seems as if those simple minded threads are often the ones that get hundreds of responses, and anything that is outside the box gets slammed. Also never mention religion or that you are teaching children about disc golf at a church. That is worthy of being cast out and verbally burned at the stake.

Good luck Nate, it sounds like fun.

Last edited:

Latest posts