• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Corvette

Champion Corvette

Tried the champion Corvette on the course today. First time I'd thrown one. Mine is 175 and very domey. This champ Corvette has more dome than probably any star I've seen.

Very impressive thrower. It flies true to the numbers, and surprised me with how mellow it was. The champion Corvette turns nicely, glides well, and bombs.

I didn't get a ton of throws on this disc. I need to take it to the field for a more extensive test.

Initial reaction is, I love this champ Corvette. It reminds me of a longer, glidier, slightly flippier Destroyer. Good smashes were producing consistent, beautiful S curves.

This champ had more glide, more turn, and more distance than most Stars I've seen.

Tried the champion Corvette on the course today. First time I'd thrown one. Mine is 175 and very domey. This champ Corvette has more dome than probably any star I've seen.

Very impressive thrower. It flies true to the numbers, and surprised me with how mellow it was. The champion Corvette turns nicely, glides well, and bombs.

I didn't get a ton of throws on this disc. I need to take it to the field for a more extensive test.

Initial reaction is, I love this champ Corvette. It reminds me of a longer, glidier, slightly flippier Destroyer. Good smashes were producing consistent, beautiful S curves.

This champ had more glide, more turn, and more distance than most Stars I've seen.

If this is confirmed as not just a one-off experience, it's terrible news for my pocketbook.

That's interesting. My Champ I wish had more dome. I threw a couple GStars back in the bag yesterday and was wondering why I took them out. So straight for a high speed driver at 380-400.

It would be interesting if Mfrs could cool the discs upside down, supported only by the outside edge, to let the dome develop. Now they're cooled right side up, which probably promotes* higher PLH and lower dome.

*I am not rocket surgeon

Champion Corvette

Made it to the field today for 45 minutes. I brought the champ Corvette and 7 other various drivers.

Everything I said prior about the Champion Corvette was reinforced today. The disc is great. It's probably the domiest Corvette I've ever seen/thrown, and it flies superbly. Whether I threw it flat or anny, the disc wanted to perform. Of the 8 drivers, the champ Corvette was consistently the longest, usually by at least 10'. A Halo Shryke I had it against wasn't even coming close.

I attribute much of this disc's success to its big dome. Most Corvettes I see are on the flat side. They don't glide super well, and tend to have a bit of a hard fade.

Champion Corvette is something like 14, 6, -1.5, 2. Literally the perfect amount of high speed turn for smashing out big S curves. The disc turned gracefully without getting flippy. Late fade is elegant and prolonged.

G* Corvette is a little longer and flippier for me, but I'd say the champion beats any star Corvette I've thrown to date for sheer distance.

Made it to the field today for 45 minutes. I brought the champ Corvette and 7 other various drivers.

Everything I said prior about the Champion Corvette was reinforced today. The disc is great. It's probably the domiest Corvette I've ever seen/thrown, and it flies superbly. Whether I threw it flat or anny, the disc wanted to perform. Of the 8 drivers, the champ Corvette was consistently the longest, usually by at least 10'. A Halo Shryke I had it against wasn't even coming close.

I attribute much of this disc's success to its big dome. Most Corvettes I see are on the flat side. They don't glide super well, and tend to have a bit of a hard fade.

Champion Corvette is something like 14, 6, -1.5, 2. Literally the perfect amount of high speed turn for smashing out big S curves. The disc turned gracefully without getting flippy. Late fade is elegant and prolonged.

G* Corvette is a little longer and flippier for me, but I'd say the champion beats any star Corvette I've thrown to date for sheer distance.

Super interesting.

Super interesting.

Yeah. For some reason I had in my mind that the Champs were dull and lifeless.

Someone else with Champ Corvette experience maybe can jump in. Or maybe something is sweeter with new runs?

Yeah. For some reason I had in my mind that the Champs were dull and lifeless.

Someone else with Champ Corvette experience maybe can jump in. Or maybe something is sweeter with new runs?

Yeah, I won't sit here and pretend all champion Corvettes are as good as the one I have. I honestly expected this disc to be a glideless beefcake.

I definitely don't get excited about champion Destroyers.

I've thrown about a dozen star Corvettes, and they're somewhat hit or miss. They're usually flat as well.

The flat stars are not bad
I like both kinds but domey moreso
Domey is more overstable to me

I just got some champs to test out

I threw my 164 champ Corvette for the first time today in the field. Scales at 165. Compared to the domey star, this is kinda flat not overly, but it's FAST and maybe violently turns more.
Kinda like it.
So once it beats in I'm sure it'll get much wider on the S curve, but it's a bomber for sure and might go farther. And it'll be good at absorbing hits on hard terrain.

Should be interesting to see how it beats in

I got a Star Corvette three weeks ago, but didn't throw it until I dyed it. Dyed it the other day. It's a bit domier than my other 'Vette.

I wonder if whatever happened in the dyeing process did something to it (it looks like polished marble, has a super glow-ey sheen to it), or if it's just a good disc like the Champ Corvette TW got, because it goes unusually far. I threw it 470' (farthest ever BH drive during benchmark field work for me) and the rest of my distance discs were at least 40-100' short of that. I wrote it off as just a particularly good throw, but it kept outdistancing my other discs of the same function. I almost don't want to throw it and ding it up.

I was bummed that I couldn't find a magical Champ Corvette the other day, but this disc makes up for it. Maybe something about the new molds, idk.

I got a Star Corvette three weeks ago, but didn't throw it until I dyed it. Dyed it the other day. It's a bit domier than my other 'Vette.

I wonder if whatever happened in the dyeing process did something to it (it looks like polished marble, has a super glow-ey sheen to it), or if it's just a good disc like the Champ Corvette TW got, because it goes unusually far. I threw it 470' (farthest ever BH drive during benchmark field work for me) and the rest of my distance discs were at least 40-100' short of that. I wrote it off as just a particularly good throw, but it kept outdistancing my other discs of the same function. I almost don't want to throw it and ding it up.

I was bummed that I couldn't find a magical Champ Corvette the other day, but this disc makes up for it. Maybe something about the new molds, idk.

470's a bomb. I might have to pull the champ 'Vette out again and see if I can throw it that far.

All I know is, if Innova found a way to make ALL their Corvettes really domey they'd have the best distance driver on the market.

470's a bomb. I might have to pull the champ 'Vette out again and see if I can throw it that far.

All I know is, if Innova found a way to make ALL their Corvettes really domey they'd have the best distance driver on the market.

I might have to take a detailed photo of both of mine to see the dominess comparison. My original star goes far enough, but it really shines as my FH bomber. This new star though...it might beat or match my best Shryke flexes (BH) consistently. The shape is much more flat with a very slight S, but just...far. I'm not ready to call it a Christmas miracle, but it's got me thinking for sure.

I'm surprise at how striking the difference is.

Dome
S4SLx0V.jpeg

Wing/PLH
ZZU26p0.jpeg

Crap dye job
iww4sOJ.jpeg

Don't throw that disc into the weeds. Perfect camo job.

That is definitely a low PLH and big dome. Nice bomber stats.

Still figuring out the new Corvette. The 470' was real, and it *was* a good tug...but it's proven to be a legit bomber instead of a magical bomber. The flightpath is much less 'flexy' than the 170+ G* Shrykes I rely on for consistent 420-450, but the disc still needs to be sent on a slight anny for max distance. It's not automatic for me yet, it takes spinal angle adjustment to really nail it. I think the huge bomb I threw was a mix of great tug, a certain crosswind that worked well for it (it was either hw/cross or pure cross, as the other throws indicated slight HW).

tl/dr: the disc is legit, but needs more testing to ferret out the exact wind conditions in which it excels. The shape is laser straight and long, rather than an S.

Latest posts