• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses near Galveston, TX

DJ Troll

Par Member
I live in the D/FW area and the wife and I are planning a trip to Galveston, TX. I am going to try an talk her into letting me play a round of golf. What is the best course in the area. We will have our own car so it can be a little ways out but no more than an hour away I would say. She's more apt to let me play if I tell her it's not going to be an all day affair. Any input appreciated.

you have pleasure island about 45 minutes away. that place used to be one of the best discgolf courses in tx back in the day.

Yeah, it's already been said - Jack Brooks will be your best bet, 2 courses on site for a longer afternoon (I believe a guide will still be helpful for the cedar Hills course). Taylor lake wasn't bad and worth a stop if you have time, Dunbar is not worth going out of the way for - after that you're getting into the Houston courses and there's tons of great options, especially on the north side, but those don't fit your location criteria.

you have pleasure island about 45 minutes away. that place used to be one of the best discgolf courses in tx back in the day.

Pleasure Island is still there. The pluses are you get to ride the free ferry over and back , drive through and see the results of Hurricanes Rita and Ike, get a nice beach drive to High Island (a recognized bird sanctuary) and then on to Port Arthur via Winnie, and your wife can sit in an elevated porch thing and read while you play. On the way back you can eat at Al-T's Seafood in Winnie. Museum of the Gulf Coast in Port Arthur is interesting as well.

This is not as quick as Jack Brooks, but if you have several days, it might be fun. Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston is good. Ashton Villa, The Strand, Railroad Museum off The Strand. Elyssa. Lots of good things in Galveston.

Latest posts