• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

If I remember correctly, those weren't stamped but embossed.

Something stamped to me would have a negative space on the flight plate. (ie. something hot pushing into the plastic). Most of the titanium plastic of that era the 'artwork' was raised off the flight plate.

That's correct, it was a "negative" stamp, I never knew how they really did it because it was raised and that seems way more difficult to pull off correctly than stamping into the flight plate.

If i could all my discs would be bottom stamp. .

I see you throw the SOL, how does it fly? Lite a slower Archer?

I love the Sol as an understable approach disc, and I think it complements the zone very well. I prefer the zone, but the Sol is such an effortless disc to throw and I like it for low speed annys. With any power, the thing turns and burns. But you asked how it was compared to the archer... the archer taught me how to throw hyzerflips. I never really used it for much else. It's easy to overpower the Sol... I think of the Sol like a butterfly. It floats and does its thing beautifully. You try to rip a butterfly through the air and it's dead. Same goes for the Sol. But it's a lovely disc for a gentle touch just outside of putting range.

I'd love a Ti Tracker...but swirly ESP trackers would be too much of a drain on my impulse buy riddled wallet.

I don't think we have much hopes for either...the Undertaker and Tracker are such similar molds, I almost suspect that the Undertaker is a Tracker with it's bottom plate tooled down (if they actually do those kind of things.)

I feel like i need to try the SOL. . i play a few "turning right" holes that i can´t really reach with my NOVA but i need to power down the ARCHER so much that it dont turns as much as i like

I feel like i need to try the SOL. . i play a few "turning right" holes that i can´t really reach with my NOVA but i need to power down the ARCHER so much that it dont turns as much as i like

The Sol is small (20 cm diameter) and feels like a scaled down disc in the other dimensions as well, even though it's listed as slightly taller than both the zone and the archer, but in hand it always feels "small" to me. That psychological bit reminds me to tone it down whenever I throw it. I think you'll like it for what you're trying to get out of it.

PDGA lists 21.1 cm diameter. Are the stock runs that much smaller?

I was going off of infinite discs' diameter. I use an ace race version, I'll measure it at home. Perhaps the production Sol grew a tad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got out to the course to throw around my Uli Raptor. Disc is great and looks awesome but that plastic is super slick. Ordered a Raptor in Z so it'll be interesting to see how different it is.

PDGA lists 21.1 cm diameter. Are the stock runs that much smaller?

Apparently I'm losing my mind. I measured 8.25in which translates to 21cm. So, not small, just feel that way to me I guess. But they are not very tall. I have pics of them with both a zone and archer for comparison but file size is too large for me to upload, so I'll do that when I'm on a comp instead of my phone

Apparently I'm losing my mind. I measured 8.25in which translates to 21cm. So, not small, just feel that way to me I guess. But they are not very tall. I have pics of them with both a zone and archer for comparison but file size is too large for me to upload, so I'll do that when I'm on a comp instead of my phone
cool.
I think the PDGA minimum legal diameter is 21.0 cm. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that certain blends shrink down under 21 cm.

In theory, a smaller disc is easier to get into a target. If the Sol was really 20.0, I was going to sprint to the store to buy some LOL

thanks for checking!

Anyone have a profile pic of the sol?

Here are some shots of the ace race version. The sols are the pink and the green discs. For comparison, I have a new z-zone (yellow) and the ace-race archer (orange)

Attachments

• ar sol and archer with zone.jpg
    ar sol and archer with zone.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 32
  • sol archer zone archer.jpg
    sol archer zone archer.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 34
  • zone and 2 sols.jpg
    zone and 2 sols.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 24
And here is a view of the inner rim of the pink ace race sol. It has a tiny bead. I didn't even notice that it has a bead until I looked at the picture and then I went and got the disc and saw it. Anyway, the profile looks a lot like a slimmer and trimmer version of the zone in my opinion. Like I said, it feels small but it really isn't. Maybe it just looks small sitting next to my buzzzes. I don't know, but you can see that the Sols are thinner than the zone. PDGA lists the zone as a height of 2.0 cm and the Sol at 1.7 cm

Attachments

• sol inner.jpg
    sol inner.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 17
  • sol rim bead.jpg
    sol rim bead.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 14
Finally got out to the course to throw around my Uli Raptor. Disc is great and looks awesome but that plastic is super slick. Ordered a Raptor in Z so it'll be interesting to see how different it is.

Have you ever thrown a Predator? If so how does it compare?

As far as the slickness goes, I usually fill my sink up with the hot water from the tap and let it soak for a bit. It's only 120-130f or so which won't damage the disc at all. It's usually enough to get most of the oils off the disc though. If it's especially slick I'll wash the disc with Dawn dish soap before I soak it.

Have you ever thrown a Predator? If so how does it compare?

As far as the slickness goes, I usually fill my sink up with the hot water from the tap and let it soak for a bit. It's only 120-130f or so which won't damage the disc at all. It's usually enough to get most of the oils off the disc though. If it's especially slick I'll wash the disc with Dawn dish soap before I soak it.

Thats a great idea. I may try that tonight.

Its basically feels nothing like the Pred. The thing that kept me from throwing the pred was the funky way the inside lip felt. Seems weird to me that a driver have what feels like a bead on it and especially did not feel good throwing FH. Its a good disc to be sure but I just didn't like the way it felt. The Raptor seems like it flies like a Pred - I guess? But feels in the hand more like a Undertaker or Vulture.

To echo riltims post, I always wash new (to me) discs. Whether it's 10/10 or 5/10 I need to wash it and go from there. Hot water soak yes, always soap too though...I feel like it gives me a good constant in the variability of plastic feel equation. Easier for me to make comparisons when many factors are all on the same page a la oils/dirt etc. Yes I also give my bag [discs] a good bath after every few dirty rounds/one real wet and muddy one. Yes I always use the same soap FWIW

To echo riltims post, I always wash new (to me) discs. Whether it's 10/10 or 5/10 I need to wash it and go from there. Hot water soak yes, always soap too though...I feel like it gives me a good constant in the variability of plastic feel equation. Easier for me to make comparisons when many factors are all on the same page a la oils/dirt etc. Yes I also give my bag [discs] a good bath after every few dirty rounds/one real wet and muddy one. Yes I always use the same soap FWIW

I used to wash my discs every couple of weeks. Now for the last 6 years or so I just let them be and give em a quick wipe / pat down with a microfiber anytime my grip doesn't feel 100%. I actually found that allowing them to just be as they are felt more consistent to me than washing them and having them feel different over the course of the next few rounds as they dirtied up.

I agree, being anal about clean discs is only hurting yourself. I'm only crazy about it when I first acquire them because I don't know what the previous owner/manufacturer had been touching. It's easy to forget what you've washed off and what you haven't. Makes my initial impressions unique to myself and doesn't upset my (reasonable) allergies in the slightest.

Last edited: