• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] CRANK!

Great disc! Very easy to throw and get big D with. Consistency is the key and this disc is easier to throw far accurately than a force or a Nuke. While a beat force might be similiar I think the crank is still going enough further to make it worthwhile! The nuke can be a bit touchy and the crank seems to be rock solid. I think it is really predictable and easier to get big straight D than any disc I have ever thrown. I still have to try it in the wind to see what it is like there. That will be an interesting test.

I agree with the easy distance. Such a smooth flight pattern that just goes forever. I have some beat ESP Forces that have the same amount of turn, but a harder fade at the end.
I have a 171 that I've beat in and it bombs in a tailwind. They can be a bit touchy into strong headwind, but my max weight ones thrown with a good hyzer will flip up flat and glide for days.

I was in DD in Emporia last week looking to get a backup Crank, noticed they still had some first-runs like what my current disc was and also some that weren't stamped as first-runs so I'm assuming regular production. The non first-run discs were quite a bit more domey, anyone know if they fly any differently and if so, how? I asked the guys working but they hadn't heard anything.

I picked up another first-run for my backup as I've been really happy with it and didn't want to take a chance on something that might fly noticeably different...

The non first-run discs were quite a bit more domey, anyone know if they fly any differently and if so, how? I asked the guys working but they hadn't heard anything.

Uh oh! I better load up on the first runs then. Thanks for the heads up. :thmbdown:

The non first-run discs were quite a bit more domey, anyone know if they fly any differently and if so, how? I asked the guys working but they hadn't heard anything.

I am a big fan of the domey ones. The first run ones I've picked up that have some dome to them are actually pretty stable. I have one red one that's pretty domey and it started out almost as stable as my Forces. If the production runs are that stable, I will be SO happy.

I am a big fan of the domey ones. The first run ones I've picked up that have some dome to them are actually pretty stable. I have one red one that's pretty domey and it started out almost as stable as my Forces. If the production runs are that stable, I will be SO happy.

What makes these discs so good is their ability to have some turn in the HSS. Forces really don't have much turn unless they are seasoned. I don't get nearly the same distance with my Force as I do with the Crank.

I guess my question is if you want a Force flight, why not buy a Force?

What makes these discs so good is their ability to have some turn in the HSS. Forces really don't have much turn unless they are seasoned. I don't get nearly the same distance with my Force as I do with the Crank.

I guess my question is if you want a Force flight, why not buy a Force?

I threw Forces as my distance driver for the longest time before the Crank came out. The more stable Cranks still have a little bit of turn, just not as much as my flat beat up Crank. They also go further than my Forces.

I like the more stable ones because they have a longer life cycle before they turn too flippy. My flat beat one is my tailwind driver and I can get rollers down with it(BH) now. If I have one that starts slightly overstable, and slowly turns understable I play with that disc for longer than one that starts stable and turns understable.

Is this shallow grip like a Mamba or Tern?

Is the rim width noticably smaller then a Nuke? Nuke just feels too wide for me.

Is this shallow grip like a Mamba or Tern?

Is the rim width noticably smaller then a Nuke? Nuke just feels too wide for me.

It's rim is shallower and less wide than the Nuke. The Crank fits much more comfortably into my hand. I could never get a comfortable grip on the Nuke.

I am really impressed with this disc. I have been throwing Bosses and Katanas (450' on occasion)for max distance for a while now and this could replace them both. It feels like a much smaller rim in the hand than it actually is. Out of the box it had less HS Turn and low speed fade than any Katana I have thrown. It goes as far or farther than the other 2 and it does it on a much narrower flight path. I tried to throw a flex shot with a 173 Pink ESP and it held the line for so long I was nowhere near my target, but it was one of the longest drives I have ever had. Hopefully I can break one in to get a decent amount of highspeed turn so I can cover some different lines with a freshy and a worn. It is definitely not OS enough to fill the Xcal/Destroyer/Force slot though.

How do these compare to a Champ Tern or Prodigy D3?

Ah so they have more stability than the tern and d3

Ah so they have more stability than the tern and d3

More similar to the D3. A mild turn and a slow fade near the end. I believe the Crank turns less than the D3 but still has about the same fade. I didn't like the few throws I had with my Tern(wasn't a comfortable feel), so I'm not sure how to compare the Crank to that.

Latest posts