• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crush

lakitu

ok so i am trying for more d. i can throw a xs and tee bird pretty far. but if i put a lot on them they turn hard to a anni. so i thought a overstable would be the way to go, so i got a crush. so far no good. i cant get it to go any further then the xs or tee bird. it goes the same distane just no further. o duh:doh: i throw sidearm. i find it hard to put the anni on the crush that it needs. im so used to throwing flat(tee bird) or a hyzer for the xs. i hyzer flip the xs. am i just not getting enough snap, or arm speed, or i don't have a clue whats wrong.
should i just stick to the tee bird and xs. i also hyzer flip a monarch sometimes i get a little more d then the xs but not much and its not as accurate for me.

plastic? how beat-in? ive thrown a few Z curshes and they go straight and long with lil fade. i wish i hadnt gave the one i found to my buddy but o well. keep working with it...youll find its cherry spot.

Not knowing how much you've thrown it, it sounds like you just need to spend some more time with it. I've come to love some discs that I didn't bond with very quickly (the 150 Flick and Drone are two of those). You said you can't release it right yet. Get to know it a little more before passing final judgment on it.

A crush is definitely more stable than the discs your are throwing, if you need anny on it its probably too stable. Moving up from the tee bird a wildcat or flash would probably yield better results, and you can release them flat and expect an s flight.

I also throw sidearm. I find the Crush works perfect for distance with accuracy. I feel the Z will work best. The Crush is also a great thumber/tomahawk disc. It holds up well to the impacts. It's consistent for me around 350'. I would definitely keep trying with it. If you can figure it out it's a great disc. What plastic and weight are you using?

its z plastic. hardly ever been thrown. then was lost in my yard (big yard) for three years. found it the other day, and started to trow it again. aside from a little algae stains it is in fine shape.
LeewayeDiscGolf do you release it with anni or flat?

I FH and release my crush flat to slight hyzer, but I gotta get good snap for it to fly. I can get it to flex sometimes, but others times it turns over....

I agree with the poster above that suggested a Flash or Wildcat, its a little easier of a progression.

The crush might be a nice headwind/big hyzer disc for you at the moment.

its z plastic. hardly ever been thrown. then was lost in my yard (big yard) for three years. found it the other day, and started to trow it again. aside from a little algae stains it is in fine shape.
LeewayeDiscGolf do you release it with anni or flat?

I would say fairly close to flat. Mine's broken in somewhat. Did you find that with it being in your yard for so long that the plastic became more flexible?
I also throw with a very tight pinch grip, if that helps any.

I would say fairly close to flat. Mine's broken in somewhat. Did you find that with it being in your yard for so long that the plastic became more flexible?
I also throw with a very tight pinch grip, if that helps any.
it seems to be just as stiff as ever. ya i think i will try the flash. i dont think i quit have the power for this one yet. thanks for all the help. also what do you think a xs should max out at. when i try to huck mine it goes all crazy left or right.

a flash sounds like a good alternative. when i started throwing forehand, i used a wraith for distance. the crush flies closer to a destroyer which is now my disc of choice for forehand distance and control. sounds like you just need to bump down a disc and work your way up to the crush's stability

also what do you think a xs should max out at. when i try to huck mine it goes all crazy left or right.

well...under ideal/perfect conditions its been throwing 816ft (i believe, ,ay be off a few feet) but realisticaly before all the new plastic it was a 400ft+ driver just like almost any other disc. the XS is much more 'touchy' and takes a good deal of consistency and accuracy on your part to be good with it. i personally find them too flippy to be of any use besides a roller.

What plastic, how beat and how far are you throwing the Teebird? Unless it's a really thrashed DX or a freak run it shouldn't get flippy until you're throwing well over 400'.

If you're looking to improve your throw, I'd stick with the discs you have. If you want something you can throw like you are now with better results you can go with something like an Orc, Flash, Wraith or Surge.

What plastic, how beat and how far are you throwing the Teebird? Unless it's a really thrashed DX or a freak run it shouldn't get flippy until you're throwing well over 400'.

If you're looking to improve your throw, I'd stick with the discs you have. If you want something you can throw like you are now with better results you can go with something like an Orc, Flash, Wraith or Surge.

i would agree with your 400' mark for backhand, but when throwing forehand disc flights change. i generate a lot of snap and spin when i throw forehand, causing the disc to flip over earlier, even with hyzer. for me, i just carry 3-4 firebirds that fly from straight with minimal fade to super overstable with hard fade

i would agree with your 400' mark for backhand, but when throwing forehand disc flights change. i generate a lot of snap and spin when i throw forehand, causing the disc to flip over earlier, even with hyzer. for me, i just carry 3-4 firebirds that fly from straight with minimal fade to super overstable with hard fade
If it's a Teebird and flipping at less than 400' then it's not snap and speed, it's OAT. Teebirds can be thrown really far without flipping. There are guys that can throw Champ Teebirds 420'-450' on golf ines and DX even farther than that.

If it's a Teebird and flipping at less than 400' then it's not snap and speed, it's OAT. Teebirds can be thrown really far without flipping. There are guys that can throw Champ Teebirds 420'-450' on golf ines and DX even farther than that.

right, but are we talking backhand or forehand though?
i agree completely on backhand, but i don't see Avery using Teebirds for flicks. He sticks with Eagles and Firebirds for shorter forehand shots because both are more overstable than TBs

right, but are we talking backhand or forehand though?
i agree completely on backhand, but i don't see Avery using Teebirds for flicks. He sticks with Eagles and Firebirds for shorter forehand shots because both are more overstable than TBs
FH or BH doesn't matter. The disc dosen't know which way you threw it. If you're getting more snap you'll get more distance, not just a more understable flight.

Teebirds are really good for straight shots. I'm going to guess that if Avery wants a straight shot he'll just throw it backhand. If he's throwing forehand it's becasue he wants a line that you'd get out of an overstable disc thrown forehand (Firebird) or he's shaping a line that would mirror a backhand shot (Eagle).

break that crush in and it will lose some of that stability. discraft plastic, as far as i have seen need about 5 hard rounds on it to break in.

i cant get my tee bird to go that far. when i out some stank on it it flips over and annis into a roller. maybe i just need to work with it more. im still playing with the crush i will stil try it. its great for a few shots on a few holes i play at least. i cant get any disc xs or tee bird past 240 or so. i dont think its oat. i have looked into that and i can throw a putter about 150 with no wobble any way straight, anni, or hyzer.at least that was what i read to tell if you have oat problems was to see if you could throw a putter all those ways.