• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

custom colors using rit

jb22384

Bogey Member
has anyone ever tried to create different colors by mixing different dyes together? I'm trying to dye something orange. I think rit makes an orange dye, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. They've got a chart http://www.ritdye.com/Create_Custom_Color.9.lasso for creating custom colors. Has anyone ever had success using their directions?

do you have an AC more around you>? i know you said you looked, but i was in my local AC More yesterday and they had 10-12 different colors, orange being one of them.

sorry can't help on the color mixing.

I mixed 1 packet of Sunrise Orange with 1/4 packet of Scarlett to get a more Oranger dye. The 3/4 Scarlett still gives a rich color, so it's still only the cost of 2 packets.

Try ebay if nothing else. I've pulled lots of hard-to-find colors off ebay.

I have tried mixing up some of the green colors on that chart and it hasn't worked. It kind of pisses me off that the only green dye that RIT can get right is Kelly Green.

If you want to pony up the cash to buy some of their dyes in bulk the colors are way nicer. Their neon green is awesome for disc dyeing. You have to buy in 1lb, or 5lb quantities with a 5lb minimum purchase which is a whole lot of dye. The one plus is that you can mix your colors really rich and have shorter dyeing times! :)