• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Custom Disc Rack

I like the forward-thinking design where the footing of the box above is also the guard rail for the box below it.

Maybe this could be another IKEA-style DIY kit that could be sold...eh?

Actually the racks in the raffle at the Gentlemens Club Challenge are what inspired my design.

When I first moved to Austin, Shoal Creek was the first creek I kayaked. After each flood I would walk the creek and map out changes and individual rapids. I would come home with 20 to 30 discs each time and call the ones with names and numbers. Eventually I found one belonging to someone I knew and they showed me how to play. I still kayak and over the course of 17 years I have gathered quite a few. I have returned over 1000 discs. Last year I returned 71 discs. I also buy/win discs and so does my wife.

While not as nice as the OP, this one did not cost a dime. There was scrap wood, glue, nails, spray paint and 1 hour in the garage. Made it about a month ago.

Rows are spaced 10" vertically on center.

Holds 50 drivers per row, ~350 total.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 80
Yes. You can use heavy dowels instead of the square pieces I had laying around for the shelves. I think mine came from fence boards that were ripped to that size from a project years ago.

It is an easy project.

When I first moved to Austin, Shoal Creek was the first creek I kayaked. After each flood I would walk the creek and map out changes and individual rapids. I would come home with 20 to 30 discs each time and call the ones with names and numbers. Eventually I found one belonging to someone I knew and they showed me how to play. I still kayak and over the course of 17 years I have gathered quite a few. I have returned over 1000 discs. Last year I returned 71 discs. I also buy/win discs and so does my wife.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

this guy needs a round of applause. Give him 5 claps if you appreciate his clear dedication to returning discs in an impressive fashion. You sir, are my new favorite poster.

Here is a rack made from scrap wood and dowels from HD.
IMG_0693.jpg
[/IMG]

That's my trusty old Fender sitting next to it.

While not as nice as the OP, this one did not cost a dime. There was scrap wood, glue, nails, spray paint and 1 hour in the garage. Made it about a month ago.

Rows are spaced 10" vertically on center.

Holds 50 drivers per row, ~350 total.

I have a ton of respect with the DIY aspect of these homemade ones, I had to put in very little thought or effort with mine.

The spray paint looks pretty good, getting the hole pattern or rail spacing right is the tricky part.

I actually started a spread sheet last year to keep track of where I find discs and who they belong to. It is hillarious when I find the exact same disc for the same person in the same place 3 or 4 times. You know who you are...

Judson, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I just had my first disc returned to me ever this year, and I was really greatful. To think that you do this all the time is admirable.

Judson, I applaud you as well. How great to have returned that many discs and as well to have a database to know how many times to the same person.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanx,
OB

After 17 years I got my first disc back 2 weeks ago. I had to buy it back from the Play Again used bin. It won't stop me from calling y'all though.

After 17 years I got my first disc back 2 weeks ago. I had to buy it back from the Play Again used bin. It won't stop me from calling y'all though.

That's harsh... Must be burning up the karma someplace else!

GDBP, why in the world do you have so many discs, and no for sale thread?

I prefer local shops over internet purchasing. I think local shops do more for beginers of the sport and I would like to see disc golf surpass baseball as America's pastime. Not that I have anything against baseball. I just love discgolf.

Latest posts