• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Custom Titles!

Then show it.

Well... in his defense, some slang terms just fall out of use and aren't really used anymore and therefore you probably haven't seen/heard everything...;)

There is a George Carlin comedy special where he has this big scroll full of dirty words...

Just don't look it up till your out of school, lol...

Last edited:
Well... in his defense, some slang terms just fall out of use and aren't really used anymore and therefore you probably haven't seen/heard everything...;)

There is a George Carlin comedy special where he has this big scroll full of dirty words...

Just don't look it up till your out of school, lol...

Those have all been said on network TV by now...

Im gonna step in on Dire's side for a moment. Now, maybe some here led sheltered lives in high school, but I didn't. I've not heard anything particularly new since high school. The notion that high schoolers haven't heard it, and forebrain development are two different things. Everything is on the internet, including things you old farts who can't YouTube, couldn't even imagine. That's not the same thing as having the emotional maturity to parse right and wrong.

While it isn't a given that Dire has heard it all, and for sure, he hasn't experienced it all, I wouldn't bet on relative amounts.

However, since each new generation invents whole new ways of saying old things, I'm pretty confident that Dire has terminology that many here have never been exposed too. Can ya dig it man? Yeah, groovy.

Im gonna step in on Dire's side for a moment. Now, maybe some here led sheltered lives in high school, but I didn't. I've not heard anything particularly new since high school. The notion that high schoolers haven't heard it, and forebrain development are two different things. Everything is on the internet, including things you old farts who can't YouTube, couldn't even imagine. That's not the same thing as having the emotional maturity to parse right and wrong.

While it isn't a given that Dire has heard it all, and for sure, he hasn't experienced it all, I wouldn't bet on relative amounts.

However, since each new generation invents whole new ways of saying old things, I'm pretty confident that Dire has terminology that many here have never been exposed too. Can ya dig it man? Yeah, groovy.

To go along with that, since I go to a SUNY (State University of New York) I deal with kids from NYC and other metropolitan areas that have more people than the 2 counties I'm closest to when home, so I hear things that I completely don't understand, but those of us from my area can have a conversations about Michigans and nobody has any idea what we are talking about. If you don't either here's a really accurate Wikipedia article on them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_hot_dog
I suggest that if you are ever in the Plattsburgh, NY area you stop by 1 of the 4 restaurants that serve them.

There is a huge difference between "heard it all" and I don't understand the idioms of today's youth.

I feel bad for you if you haven't heard anything new since high school. I make sure to learn something new every day. So I will unabashedly admit to having not "heard it all", nor will I ever. In the words of Albert Einstein "The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.". That is one of the smartest humans ever humbly stating outright that he has not "heard it all". Lesson to be learned is if you speak in absolutes, prepare to be called on your BS.

I'm pretty sure Dire was speaking in hyperbole but just because "everything is on the internet" does not mean Dire or anyone else has actually gone through the entire internet to "hear it all".

Dire's claim to have " heard it all" was more to let Stardoggy know that he would not be surprised by any "comedic" title someone decided to give him.

Latest posts