• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] D Series

X series is generally more overstable than the D series equivalent.
X D and Max should probably all net the same distance, but feel different in hand. With similar #'s stability between series being X > D > Max so an X2 is more OS than a D2 is more OS than a D2 max.
OS destroyer would be either a stable D2 or a pop top D1. From what I've thrown the D series is much more speed sensitive than my wraiths.

Thanks. Sounds like I might want to try a D1 or the D1max. I'll see if I can come across either at a PIAS to get some hand feel.

D1's are nice, the flat ones are complete hogs - like OS PD2 level. Pop Top ones are still OS but throwable. This is all in like 167-171 range for me.

I tried a 400 D1 I got out of the used bin this weekend, decent dome, and "OS but throwable" sums it up pretty well. It's a fairly translucent one and although used it looked fairly fresh. I'm 350-400' power wise, maybe a little better on good days and I was able to throw it on a decently long flex line. I don't think it's so beefy that I can get really extreme with the anny angle though like you can with some real beef.

750g D1 or D2 for that beefy Destroyer flight? Straight to fade FH's.

I'd like to add another Prodigy mold to my mixed bag.

750g D1 or D2 for that beefy Destroyer flight? Straight to fade FH's.

I'd like to add another Prodigy mold to my mixed bag.

D2's are what I use max weight and high plh for beefy. Lighter and lower plh for straighter/ turnovers.

In general my 400s D2s are beefier than the 750gs tho.

Last edited:
I had two 750G D2s and they were very domey and I would not call them overstable.
If the 750G has the same effect on the D1 as it does on the D2 I imagine it would be a fantastic disc. I've been meaning to buy one myself but haven't pulled the trigger.

I had a couple 400 D2s back in the day that were decently OS. I currently have a 400G that has a PLH around where the 750G came out and it's just as flippy.
If I get the angle and speed right they go so far. But if I get them wrong they don't go as far and hyzer out or worse, the dreaded throwler.

My 750 D2 also turns most. Incidentally it Bombs. hyzer flip that thing in a headwind and it soars. But turn it over and its way over there.

Good idea on D1 750. I'll get one and find out.

I threw X3's last season, and I'm going back to D's. My X 2,3,5 feels great but I wear myself out throwing them as hard as they require.

I bought a D1 750g, 170g+. I think it is a great disc, and yes the 750g version is a little more glidey than a similar weight 400/g plastic. It turns just a little more than the other D1's in same weight class. It does not turn as much as my 168g D2 400g, so it's still a D1. And it definitely doesn't turn as much as my 750g D2's which turn quite a bit for D2's.

Latest posts