• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Deoderizing Discs...

Perhaps lemon juice, (a big bottle from aldi's is cheap) since vinegar also smells like ass, don't mix acid with base as they cancel each other out. . I pulled a star boss out of a particularly nasty part of the stink and sink swamp, I tried bleach overnight, it still stank but after a couple of months it's fine. I never tried radiation but that might work too.

I have had a couple disgusting smelling discs that I pulled out of a putrid body of water. I tried everything to get the smell out. What finally worked was leaving it on pavement out in the sun for a few days.

Soak it in about 2 gallons of HOT water and about a 1/4 cup laundry bleach.('bout 20-30 minutes) This works on killing odor causing germs and such. Works especially well on discs that have been in slimy water/pond and such. :sick:

I recently acquired a Star Boss from a pond and it stank to high hell! I tried soaking it in 409 and even used Clorox wipes....didn't work. I then found some Tilex bathroom/kitchen cleaner (contains bleach). I sprayed it and let it sit for a few. It took me 2 applications and took the stamp off, but I can use it and no more stink!

I recommend bleach!

Laundry detergent in the sink and let it soak for a day or two. This usually works extremely well as long as its not really soft plastic porous plastic. If its porous plastic is darn near impossible to ever get rid of the smell.

Leave it out in the sun on some concrete for a few days. That is the only thing that has worked half way decent for the worst stinkers I have encountered.

Make sure you have water, bleach, fruity smelling dish soap, six pack of beer, and oxy clean.

Mix together hot water and bleach. Rub the dish soap all over the disc. Rub the oxy clean all over the disc. Let sit for a couple minutes. Throw it in the water/bleach mix. Crack open the sixer. Drink and Wait.

Latest posts