• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Design-a-bag: Get a bag! by Physical Flight

Which bag "ideas" would you like to see in a bag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude get off his back!! You must be insane if you think he is going to give a percentage back to anyone. Disc Golf is a niche sport with numerous bag makers and the margins are slim at best. Chris is trying to "make" a bag with features that people to want to see.

If you don't like it then don't even post here.

you must be like tarzan cuz you are always swinging from this guys nuts

unless the site has turned into everyone needing a body guard, he sure is the verbal back up on your behalf all the time. i get that people on here are good friends, but this guy has now done this in 2 bag threads. just my opinion, take it or leave it

and to the original post, it does seem that those that have already used your bag, and with the best bag poll thread, you would have seen feedback enough to make changes to the one you already have in production

you must be like tarzan cuz you are always swinging from this guys nuts

To be honest I don't know who you are but you have issues. The fact of the matter is that Chris or Dr. Chris in the real world is an awesome guy and does so much for people that you don't understand, so yeah I will support him non-stop.

Not to go into too much detail, but my son and I met Chris at a tourney about a year ago and bought a bag from him. Thereafter we had a car wreck and my son lost his leg, Chris found out and refunded my money, let me keep the bag. Not only that but we didn't have money for a proper prosthetic or additional therapy so Chris had a proper prosthetic made for him and did all the therapy pro-bono (free). So yeah you can call me Tarzan.

Great idea's Goose!

Alright I will give it a run.....EXTRA VELCRO(or 'hook and loops') on the outside of the bag so people can put nameplates on their bags or attach things to the outside.

For instance.....velcro on the back of a clip board for score cards. pull it off and then just slap it back on!

511_all_hazards_prime_backpack_tac_od_1.jpg

Billy you didn't have to share that story, some people don't understand bro! I will not respond to anything else unless it has to do with bags.

The first pic looks cool, keep it coming.

To be honest I don't know who you are but you have issues. The fact of the matter is that Chris or Dr. Chris in the real world is an awesome guy and does so much for people that you don't understand, so yeah I will support him non-stop.

Not to go into too much detail, but my son and I met Chris at a tourney about a year ago and bought a bag from him. Thereafter we had a car wreck and my son lost his leg, Chris found out and refunded my money, let me keep the bag. Not only that but we didn't have money for a proper prosthetic or additional therapy so Chris had a proper prosthetic made for him and did all the therapy pro-bono (free). So yeah you can call me Tarzan.

And that is indeed one of the most stand up things I have ever heard of. All I was saying was in regards to the bags of 'Chris' you seem to be very jumpy towards those that have something that isnt of the highest regards towards him

Im out of this thread

Interesting idea. It wont be long before everyones submissions get thrashed for vaguely looking like an existing product lol. I may give this a shot..

Last edited:
I would like to challenge the members of this forum to help design our next bag. We are taking any suggestions and drawings, etc to make the best bag possible to add to our line up.

Heres how it will work: The person who can come up with a decent drawing and features will have that bag designed and given one for free. The top 3 drawings will be voted on and winner picked by you guys. The competition will last for one week before voting starts.

Post your pics or suggestions on this forum.

Chris, Physical Flight Disc Golf

Aw sookie now! You guys better watch out! I'm on this!

LOVE this idea. Good luck to everyone. I think I'm ineligible.

Love the new site too. ;)

There's some weird stuff going on here with kilgus and BillyR if you look at their post history. For instance, BillyR registered the same day that kilgus announced Physical Flight's first bag. They actually appear to be the same person.

Ok here it goes. I think if you took elements from a couple of top bag designs and meshed them together you could make the perfect tourney bag (at least for me)

Take a golf mahals top loading middle section including putter pocket, yoke, rainfly and main disc compartment. Add the grip side pockets and water bottle holders. Reattach the small side pockets from the mahal to those. Finally add the stacked disc design from big hyzer in the dead space above the main disc compartment. I guess you get about 3-4 disc stacked in this area. Bag should hold 18-20 total.

Bag should also have rails on the bottom like the grip to help keep it upright.

bagContest_zps759ff10c.png

This is what I came up with. It's the challenger that I used as the base. I added an insulated compartment to the bottom, moved the storage compartment to the back with the same zipper as the disc compartment but on the side, put a cushioned seat on top (with the smaller square being a cutout with a depressed cloth and rubber handle), and moved the putter pocket (preferably holds 2 putters) to either the left or right side. I'd also like to move the cupholders to the base (cooler compartment) and have another smaller access to the storage compartment on the side with the putter pocket.

My idea here is instead of adding a seat to a bag (like what most bags with seats I've seen do) add a bag to a seat, so I'd want a rigid (steel/titanium/nanocarbon etc.) frame that could support someone and probably something durable on the bottom of the bag like rubber pads.

This is a bag with the tournament player in mind or the player (like me) that likes to take long trips of disc golfing. That bottom portion could hold lots of cold water/food/other beverages and the back pocket (could be subdivided) can hold layers of clothes, towels, snacks, extra discs etc.

Ok here it goes. I think if you took elements from a couple of top bag designs and meshed them together you could make the perfect tourney bag (at least for me)

Take a golf mahals top loading middle section including putter pocket, yoke, rainfly and main disc compartment. Add the grip side pockets and water bottle holders. Reattach the small side pockets from the mahal to those. Finally add the stacked disc design from big hyzer in the dead space above the main disc compartment. I guess you get about 3-4 disc stacked in this area. Bag should hold 18-20 total.

Bag should also have rails on the bottom like the grip to help keep it upright.

Great idea!!

bagContest_zps759ff10c.png

This is what I came up with. It's the challenger that I used as the base. I added an insulated compartment to the bottom, moved the storage compartment to the back with the same zipper as the disc compartment but on the side, put a cushioned seat on top (with the smaller square being a cutout with a depressed cloth and rubber handle), and moved the putter pocket (preferably holds 2 putters) to either the left or right side. I'd also like to move the cupholders to the base (cooler compartment) and have another smaller access to the storage compartment on the side with the putter pocket.

My idea here is instead of adding a seat to a bag (like what most bags with seats I've seen do) add a bag to a seat, so I'd want a rigid (steel/titanium/nanocarbon etc.) frame that could support someone and probably something durable on the bottom of the bag like rubber pads.

This is a bag with the tournament player in mind or the player (like me) that likes to take long trips of disc golfing. That bottom portion could hold lots of cold water/food/other beverages and the back pocket (could be subdivided) can hold layers of clothes, towels, snacks, extra discs etc.

Another good one.

Here ya go:

I call it The Howitzer.

It's a smaller backpack style bag. It fits up to 16 discs. There is a double putter pocket up front and an external disc pocket on both sides towards the middle of the bag for 4 total discs on the outside. Inside the discs go front to back, but are angled so they are more easily accessible. Two movable Velcro dividers allow for your own disc organization, but the cradle fits 12 discs roughly. Towards the top outside on one side is a mini/pencil pocket. On the other side will be a small sleeve for a scorecard/mini clipboard.

The bag itself is framed on both the bottom and back for stability, the frame directly under the disc cradle is connected to the L shape frame formed from the bottom and back plates to solidify the frame and help prevent sagging. External padding on the back, top grip handle, and padded straps with carabiner loops and sternum strap are standard features for a backpack bag. I also placed rails on the bottom of the bag to protect from mud/water/etc. The flap that zippers over the main opening will be able to tuck behind the disc cradle.

One interesting feature in this bag is that there are two insulted drink holders on the inside of the main compartment to keep the weight you are carrying centered. The holders will go right to the bottom of the bag to allow grommets for moisture. Inside the main compartment and in front of the holders is the main storage room. One side will have a mesh pocket, and the other has a zippered pouch for your wallet, keys, phone, etc. That will still leave open room for towels, a sweater, or any miscellaneous things you carry. You could also shove a towel/birdie bag/etc. into an unused bottle holder.

I envisioned a two-tone color scheme, but asthetic design is not my strong suit. Let's make this happen!

Attachments

• WP_001050.jpg
    WP_001050.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 445
Build-your-own-bag Bag

So, the reason why people could go on and on and on about how bags could be made better, is because different people have different preferences. I wish my putter pocket was on the side. Someone might want more framed disc space instead of a drink holder. Or, someone might wish they're bag were just smaller for short rounds, or due to fatigue.

So how do you satisfy as many people as possible? By giving them the ability to customize a bag how they like.
The basic bag part is the same as we all know it (Carolina, Silverback, Discarrier, etc.). Only, instead of the various pockets, holders, whatever, they are replaced, by a heavy duty zipper square (or rectangle). One on each end, and one(or maybe two if its that big) the front (where most putter pockets are). Each one is the same size.

Then there are modular sections that can be added, and arranged as the owner sees fit. They wouldn't be able to be too deep, or else they would sag, without additional support (diagonal, weight bearing straps for example). I would also think it better that they would be able to hold things while detached. This would probably make them harder to make, but sharing a wall with the main bag may or may not be a good design...not sure. A stand alone pouch would allow people to mod it into whatever they wanted. Like a speaker module...! This would bug so many people!

Example modules:
-Flat square: To make the bag smaller, and to protect zippers that would be otherwise exposed while doing so. Would also be able to hold thin items.
-Basic Pouch: An empty, rectangular pouch, that could hold 3-5 additional discs each, or a hoodie, or whatever.
-Organizer Pouch: A pouch with liner pockets and phone/pen holders/etc. Like you find a school bag.
-Putter Pockets: Several different sized quick-access putter pouches. IE: 1 putter, 2 putter, maybe even 3 putter. Preferably with a mini marker pocket.
-Drink Holder: Just a drink holder.
-Pouch + Drink: Like many of us have now!
-Insulated Pouch: For more drinks!
Honestly, the possiblities are endless. (My way of saying: All I can think of off the top of my head for now!)
Like one that attaches to both sides to provide a built in seat, or other more crazy things!

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 177
Here ya go:

I call it The Howitzer.

It's a smaller backpack style bag. It fits up to 16 discs. There is a double putter pocket up front and an external disc pocket on both sides towards the middle of the bag for 4 total discs on the outside. Inside the discs go front to back, but are angled so they are more easily accessible. Two movable Velcro dividers allow for your own disc organization, but the cradle fits 12 discs roughly. Towards the top outside on one side is a mini/pencil pocket. On the other side will be a small sleeve for a scorecard/mini clipboard.

The bag itself is framed on both the bottom and back for stability, the frame directly under the disc cradle is connected to the L shape frame formed from the bottom and back plates to solidify the frame and help prevent sagging. External padding on the back, top grip handle, and padded straps with carabiner loops and sternum strap are standard features for a backpack bag. I also placed rails on the bottom of the bag to protect from mud/water/etc. The flap that zippers over the main opening will be able to tuck behind the disc cradle.

One interesting feature in this bag is that there are two insulted drink holders on the inside of the main compartment to keep the weight you are carrying centered. The holders will go right to the bottom of the bag to allow grommets for moisture. Inside the main compartment and in front of the holders is the main storage room. One side will have a mesh pocket, and the other has a zippered pouch for your wallet, keys, phone, etc. That will still leave open room for towels, a sweater, or any miscellaneous things you carry. You could also shove a towel/birdie bag/etc. into an unused bottle holder.

I envisioned a two-tone color scheme, but asthetic design is not my strong suit. Let's make this happen!

This ^ is why someone asked about getting a percentage. Such a great design!

Here ya go:

I call it The Howitzer.

that is fantastic, it original, not based off of anything. It blows my design out of the water, need to get back to work :evilsmiley:

I'm digging the Howitzer... I just wonder how the weight distribution would work. I feel like the weight might work like a giant lever on your back. Otherwise, the design is stellar. Lots of creative minds in here.

Latest posts