• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Design-a-bag: Get a bag! by Physical Flight

Which bag "ideas" would you like to see in a bag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kilgus

Double Eagle Member
I would like to challenge the members of this forum to help design our next bag. We are taking any suggestions and drawings, etc to make the best bag possible to add to our line up.

Heres how it will work: The person who can come up with a decent drawing and features will have that bag designed and given one for free. The top 3 drawings will be voted on and winner picked by you guys. The competition will last for one week before voting starts.

Post your pics or suggestions on this forum.

Chris, Physical Flight Disc Golf

There could be some very creative crowdsourcing here.

I'm no longer going to be productive for the next week...

So we designed a product for you but only get one of said product while you will potentially make a lot and make a bunch of money off it? Can we have a percent of sales of the designed bag instead of the bag?

How many times may we enter?
Can it be drawn relatively poorly, but described well using English?

One submission per forum member and I will pick the top 3 or 4 designs to be voted on. And any and all forms of artistry that has to do with this competition will be reviewed.

So we designed a product for you but only get one of said product while you will potentially make a lot and make a bunch of money off it? Can we have a percent of sales of the designed bag instead of the bag?

No. this is a competition for ideas and thoughts of what the consumer wants to see which to my knowledge no other company has done before. You forget that there are costs involved with prototyping (building the first bag), pattern making, material sourcing, marketing, and putting forward money for the production run which runs into the thousands of dollars.

Last edited:
Well it seems like a competition for an actual design of a bag, not ideas of the consumer. If you said "we'll be taking the best 3 ideas for a bag and incorporating them into our bag" that would be different.

Well it seems like a competition for an actual design of a bag, not ideas of the consumer. If you said "we'll be taking the best 3 ideas for a bag and incorporating them into our bag" that would be different.

Dude get off his back!! You must be insane if you think he is going to give a percentage back to anyone. Disc Golf is a niche sport with numerous bag makers and the margins are slim at best. Chris is trying to "make" a bag with features that people to want to see.

If you don't like it then don't even post here.

Let me clarify for those who have now taken issue to what we are trying to do. Physical Flight would like your "ideas" or "take" on what you feel a bag should look and function like.

We will then take the best 3-4 "ideas" and vote to see who has the best one.

Physical Flight will then go thru the design process and incorporate the winning "idea" into one of our bags. Of course the bag we make will have our own design cues that we incorporate into each of our bags (i.e. dimensions, size, materials etc.) to make it functional.

The best "idea" wins one of our new bags.

We already have one bag on the horizon called the "Contender" that will be out shortly. The new bag that we are going to make AFTER the contender will be called the "Champ".

Dude get off his back!! You must be insane if you think he is going to give a percentage back to anyone. Disc Golf is a niche sport with numerous bag makers and the margins are slim at best. Chris is trying to "make" a bag with features that people to want to see.

Agreed. But how about a compromise? Whoever wins also get's their signature on the bag. That way, you might not get any profit, but you still get the lasting recognition.

Just a thought.

I didn't say I didn't like it, it just seems like a bigger version of the "design our stamp" contests. Design work is a full time job and hard so I don't see why someone who designs a whole bag shouldn't get more than just one bag.

Let me clarify for those who have now taken issue to what we are trying to do. Physical Flight would like your "ideas" or "take" on what you feel a bag should look and function like.

We will then take the best 3-4 "ideas" and vote to see who has the best one.

Physical Flight will then go thru the design process and incorporate the winning "idea" into one of our bags. Of course the bag we make will have our own design cues that we incorporate into each of our bags (i.e. dimensions, size, materials etc.) to make it functional.

The best "idea" wins one of our new bags.

We already have one bag on the horizon called the "Contender" that will be out shortly. The new bag that we are going to make AFTER the contender will be called the "Champ".

So are you just looking for ideas for a bag now like "bigger water bottle holders" or "built in bottle opener"?

We are bag designers we know how to make a bag, all we are trying to do is get you guys involved in the design process so you can get what you want out of a bag. A drawing on a napkin or a list of features is all we want. This is supposed to be fun lol

Now lets see some submissions.

Screw it... I will be first up to the chopping block. Forgive my art skills (the government pretty much did away with art by the time I was through school).

8383533603_59ac833513.jpg

8383532511_bc3ac2146d.jpg

I like to see angles in new stuff. We will call this one the "Stealth". I didn't make quite enough angles.... but I would like it to look like the Stealth Bomber of the 90's.

I want the discs to be loaded/unloaded from where the bag rests on your back. Provide extra padding on the rails/lower back. By doing this, you free up the entire other side of the bag to do whatever. :thmbup: I don't think that this has been incorporated yet. Would definitely need good padding for the straps and where the bag will rest.... but it will be worth it.

The seat on top flips up for some back support, putter pocket is on top of that for easy access. Still want to keep the nice lines on the top for aesthetics.

The side pockets are going to need clips, extra inner pockets, maybe a cell phone pocket that is sealed for when you get caught in the rain :D. Also, maybe some extra disc pockets above that as shown.

The discs can be stacked horizontally on the bottom and vertically above that.

The front side of the bag has lots of storage. Insulated on the bottom for food/beverages. The top storage area will have an inner lining made of synthetics that stretch (in case you need to cram extra clothes) and that zips up. Will also have the outer fibers that zip as normal.

Tell me what ya think.:popcorn:

Latest posts