• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Design-a-bag: Get a bag! by Physical Flight

Which bag "ideas" would you like to see in a bag?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
from a business perspective, this is the most important aspect of the winning entry. Right now you have a number of beginner bags, and then a number of full-on tourney-size carry around your closet type bag. There aren't very many well designed, affordable bags available in the middle for those of us who would want carry 10-14 discs and not spend a fortune on a bag thats overkill. As the sport grows and more people are playing weekend tournaments, this niche has the opportunity to sell the most bags so tapping into this would be what a business wants to do, imo.

here's hoping this thing ends up $60-75.

I agree however the reason there is not a bag for that price of 60-75 is because it impossible to make in quantities less than 1500.

Top grade materials run you at $15-$20 a yard multiply that times two plus zippers, embroidery and labor you are looking at $60 before you even start selling a bag. These are just the facts. A $100-$125 bag is feasible but not a $75 bag.

I'm really happy that Physical Flight saw some good ideas in my design that they felt would transition well into what they're looking to accomplish in 2013. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and how much of my features are adopted after all the logistics are worked out. Hopefully they also saw something here and there in the other designs that were offered that got the gears in their heads moving. For instance, I think vertical disc storage is an interesting new take showing up in a couple bag offerings that has a lot of possibilities for bags. I got to talk a bit with Chris and 2013 is going to be a HUGE year for Physical Flight. I'm excited to see where the year takes them. Thanks again!

I agree however the reason there is not a bag for that price of 60-75 is because it impossible to make in quantities less than 1500.

Top grade materials run you at $15-$20 a yard multiply that times two plus zippers, embroidery and labor you are looking at $60 before you even start selling a bag. These are just the facts. A $100-$125 bag is feasible but not a $75 bag.

Noted. Here's hoping you get demand to 5000+ for these puppies so the cost of production and thus the price for consumers comes down over time.

Latest posts