• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

I carry 3..

Flat Pro for tailwind and hyzerflips.
Moderate domed *D for just about anything (this Destroyer is my baby)
Domey S/DS for big hyzer and headwind.

My name is Kevin, and I am in love with Destroyers. Other than the King (for rollers), the Destroyer is the only high speed driver I will ever need. There's definitely a reason why the top pros use them.

I have a flat aj for line holding its 170 then a more domey 172 Aj that is my big distance it will turn when i really crank on it and then i have a 167 for turn over shots and rollers.

I love my destroyers, they're the only disc in my bag along with my aviars that aren't discraft. I can't give them up.

I currently have 4 destroyers in my bag: 1 Champion tournament stamped for long straight distance with reliable fade at the end, 1 SDS for hyzer shots and short forehand shots, 1 beat up *D for turnovers or big S shots, and 1 new *D for wide open distance. I have not thrown a better driver than a destroyer.

Here's a little secret, I used to hate destroyers... then I found out I was throwing a destrulcan ha. I picked up a champion destroyer and got hooked.

I have a couple of Pro Destroyers,but have never thrown it in Star or Champion Plastic.

Out of these three plastics,which do you think would be the best one to keep multiples of?

I have a couple of Pro Destroyers,but have never thrown it in Star or Champion Plastic.

Out of these three plastics,which do you think would be the best one to keep multiples of?

Variances in the star destros call for multiples.

Do you guys also like the Boss? They have similar flight characteristics, right?

I love my Destroyers.

Don't carry any in my tournament bag

dudewhat.png

Variances in the star destros call for multiples.
Thanks man.

When I have a bit more money to play around with I'll pick up a few.

Do you guys also like the Boss? They have similar flight characteristics, right?

The Boss I really didn't like.

The rim is just a tad bit wider than the Destroyers rim.I can't really get a good clean release on one.

I feel the Destroyer is just right at rim width.I always get a good clean release with them.

i like the older cfr champs. some of the glos are basically the same. really darn stable fresh. they beat in nicely and even after lots of rounds and tree hits, they don't flip like the stars have on me. the beat ones are great distance and shaping discs, the more fresh are better for hyzers and wind.

i love destroyers backhand and forehand. it's basically the only distance driver i throw forehand, as i don't throw many turnover forehands. mostly controlled with some fade at the end and not at full power. definitely the best feeling high speed disc for me. any bigger rim feels awkward.

Star... Both of the ones i lost were flat and had a distinctive ring of wear around the middle.. Have anything like that.

After Checking this thread I'm going to pick me up a Avery Johnson Star Destroyer to go along with my Pro Destroyers. :thmbup:

Latest posts