• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Destroyer3 is Coming

Best putter plastics on the market. I throw nothing else of theirs because it all breaks in too quickly, but Classic/Blend/Soft are amazing mid grade plastics.

Amazing if you like the feel of rubber and grippiness in your hand. But back to the Destroyer3.

What is a destrulan

You ever seen an Archon or Vulcan? They have the bevel on the top side of the wing.

Like this...

vulcan_36.jpg

Destrulcan refers to Destroyers that have a similar top.

wait why would a mold have another molds top

wouldnt that be poor quality control and inconsistency

A lot of molds seem to share pieces.

And yes, I've seen Destroyers with that weirdo top. Avery Jenkins ones. IMO they aren't very good Destroyers. They tend to be on the flat side.

A lot of molds seem to share pieces.

And yes, I've seen Destroyers with that weirdo top. Avery Jenkins ones. IMO they aren't very good Destroyers. They tend to be on the flat side.

but the shared pieces are usually advertised differently right

Why destrulcan and not teedevil? Isn't the teedevil the 12 speed, archon 11 speed and Vulcan the 13 speed versions of this type of disc top?

Why destrulcan and not teedevil? Isn't the teedevil the 12 speed, archon 11 speed and Vulcan the 13 speed versions of this type of disc top?

It's literally a Destroyer, but the way the lip cools gave it that upper wing.

Didn't glide well and was a little understable. People for most part didn't like them.

I just figured they mistakenly stamped teedevils with the wrong stamp and just went with it since destroyers are going to sell themselves might as well go with it. People obviously will just buy plastic without feeling it in the first place. If a mold in the same speed class or wing width isn't selling and taking up shelf space then just stamp them as a popular model and see what happens. I.E. thundervants that just happened recently

I just figured they mistakenly stamped teedevils with the wrong stamp and just went with it since destroyers are going to sell themselves might as well go with it. People obviously will just buy plastic without feeling it in the first place. If a mold in the same speed class or wing width isn't selling and taking up shelf space then just stamp them as a popular model and see what happens. I.E. thundervants that just happened recently

The teedevil came out after the first of the destrulcans came out. Vulcan topped destroyers came out and people hated them. Then shortly after that the teedevil magically got made and it looked like the same thing as a destrulcan.

The teedevil came out after the first of the destrulcans came out. Vulcan topped destroyers came out and people hated them. Then shortly after that the teedevil magically got made and it looked like the same thing as a destrulcan.

Also made was the domed Road Runner top/regular Wahoo top Destroyers and people hated that type as you needed world record speed to get the mold to have the flight characteristics of a Destroyer or the particular type of Destroyer would fly like an Xcalibur. At least this is what I heard/read from players who tried that type of domed Destroyer.

If Innova made regular Champion Vulacan discs, I would buy them Now as in Champion plastic the Destroyer mold with dome in the in the normal dome to flat middle top works at weights ~165 grams to about 155 grams for a good micro mini flex flight Destroyer. The Star version of Destryer with the normal dome to flat middle topdoes not work and in Star the ever so slightly lower then normal top at weights works same as the Champion Destroyer with normal dome to flat top middle. If these discs turn out to be miss-stamped Blizzard Champion Vulcans and not just Destroyers with the Vulcan top I will not buy the Champion as Blizzard is garbage having seen too many of those discs with the bubbles popping out of the disc in the used bin nearly new at storesthat have discs and used bins. Also if these are the true board flat Destroyers missing the normal dome to flat middle top/Vulcan top I will not buy as those are garbage too being less glide for some reason.

In Star for the reason of the plastic being more OS the flatter discs often do not work as then you have a disc that is the next OS tick higher mold of flight yet still in the mold of the Disc one likes. I mean one of my Champion Destroyers is the Vulcan/normal dome to flat middle top style top and it is easier to throw as one does not need to put as much power on it unlike the normal to higher dome discs, it works in Champion but not Star.

Last edited: