• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Looky what just came in for the new course in Keene!

1897773_715694915166292_8249266872187345124_n.jpg

Ryan and I are in town this week.
Anybody want to play on Thanksgiving day about noon? We are in Oak Cliff, can drive 30 min in any directions
Thanks
Ron Pittman

This is in addition to the 9 hole course?

We're putting in a nine hole at the SWAU park, it's just down the street from Carver. The two courses will make a nice 18. Sometime the next couple weeks we plan to gave them in. I think we're the first in DFW to get the
Prodigy baskets.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417057384.224345.jpg

Heres the course layout for Callicott Park in Keene. Some of the holes have changed a tad, but the main layout is still the same. This will be a longer course than Carver, so the two make a nice compliment. The Ace Race money sponsored half of a Hole #5.

We just got the Course Signs ok'd by the University, so I can make them public, if you want to see a little more about the layout.

https://docs.google.com/folderview?id=0B_uvJT5ddy9MakY3dGhTM1VyazQ&usp=docslist_api

Just an update on Gateway Park:

Got out there to play today. Course is actually looking great. Tons of brush clearing has been done, especially near 10's tee area, and around the basket areas for #12 and 16, near the infamous "cul de sac of love" lol.

17 of 18 baskets are back in action, save for the missing #15.

Got out there to play today. Course is actually looking great. Tons of brush clearing has been done, especially near 10's tee area, and around the basket areas for #12 and 16, near the infamous "cul de sac of love" lol.

Thanks for the update. I didn't know about the "cul de sac of love". I didn't want to either.

15 is a fantastic hole. It really needs to be replaced.

Played autobahn for the first time in several years last weekend. Man this course is awesome now! Def one of my favorite DFW courses now. One small nit...the pars seem very generous. I got my first eagle on a 600 foot par 5..lol. Shot a -13 and I'm an intermediate player.

The course is amazing the pars on the signs just seem to be plus one of what they should be compared to the other DFW courses.

Will prob make this my weekend home course with my buddies even though its
a 25 minute drive for me.

Scotnt73, glad to see you posting - you let me join your 3-some at BB a few weeks ago and I think we are about equal in terms of skill from what I could tell. Anyway, I think Audubon plays great in the fall because some lines open up as leaves get the h3ll out of my way, but I play it as a par 57 with 6, 12 and 14 as par 4s. The regulars with 'arms' play it as a par 54 I think, but I may never hit that number, just got my first 57 there the weekend before last.
If you start getting there regularly, I normally start on hole 8 and park by the picnic tables on Sunday mornings about 8-8:30.

i played there last week and was surprised. it looks great. glad the construction around holes 5 & 6 is finally done and those holes are back in. plus all that clearing really makes a big difference on a few of those holes. not sure why they took away all the stuff at tee 10. it wasn't in the way, just kinda framed the tee. hole 12's green looks so different.

when i was out there, baskets 15 & 18 were missing. so 18 is back?

great news on that Keene course! thanks, Jeremy

We're installing the sleeves this weekend for the Keene course. The baskets are having some graphics added to them, so they'll go in as soon as the sign shop is done with them. The tee signs will go in soon after. The tee pads are still up in the air as to what we're doing. We can't do concrete like we wanted, so we're looking at alternatives. We're working with the University for setting a grand opening date. It'll be sometime this spring (there's a possibility it'll be part of an event weekend happening on campus). The course will be playable well before that, but we may not have everything "perfect" before that.

It's good to hear that things are going well at Gateway, I'd like to see it in good shape.

i played there last week and was surprised. it looks great. glad the construction around holes 5 & 6 is finally done and those holes are back in. plus all that clearing really makes a big difference on a few of those holes. not sure why they took away all the stuff at tee 10. it wasn't in the way, just kinda framed the tee. hole 12's green looks so different.

when i was out there, baskets 15 & 18 were missing. so 18 is back?

great news on that Keene course! thanks, Jeremy

Now that you mention it, my buddy had to leave in a hurry as we were approaching the tee for 18, so it is very possible that the basket is still missing, as I don't recall seeimg it making the trip from 11 to 12 either.

As for #10, I agree. The clearing of the right side of the fairway was great, I just don't understand the necessity of getting rid of the foliage surrounding the tee.

Last edited:
Scotnt73, glad to see you posting - you let me join your 3-some at BB a few weeks ago and I think we are about equal in terms of skill from what I could tell. Anyway, I think Audubon plays great in the fall because some lines open up as leaves get the h3ll out of my way, but I play it as a par 57 with 6, 12 and 14 as par 4s. The regulars with 'arms' play it as a par 54 I think, but I may never hit that number, just got my first 57 there the weekend before last.
If you start getting there regularly, I normally start on hole 8 and park by the picnic tables on Sunday mornings about 8-8:30.

You guys ever get out there by 7-730am give me a shout. I cycle through Harry Meyers, Audubon, and Paschall on weekends but I gotta get out there early. Especially on Sunday. Happy throwing.

Darren

You guys ever get out there by 7-730am give me a shout. I cycle through Harry Meyers, Audubon, and Paschall on weekends but I gotta get out there early. Especially on Sunday. Happy throwing.

Darren

Ace pot at Towne Lake on Sundays is almost $1,000 for MDGA members ($20 to sign up).

We had about 35-40 players last weekend.

Tee off's at 10 am if that's early enough for you.

Ace pot at Towne Lake on Sundays is almost $1,000 for MDGA members ($20 to sign up).
Tee off's at 10 am if that's early enough for you.

as awesome as the 'chance' of hitting a $1000 ace sounds, the grief of leaving my family for a few hours costs me enough not to be there. by 10am i am home, then to church, working in the house or yard, breakfast with kiddos or wife, preparing for the family day. I do however need to make the Wed nights here and there.

how about you meet me this sat at towne lake for a 7am round???

darren

Agreed, organized events require more time than I can dedicate to discin' anymore.

Razor, I'll PM you if I can make an early meet-up this weekend. Towne Lake is just as far as Audubon from me, and I have a buddy in McKinney that I've been meaning to catch up with before the holiday anyway, so maybe we can all go hit some trees together.

If it doesn't rain (30% chance) all day Friday, I'll be at Towne Lake at 7:30 on Saturday.

Chopz, I know all those lights are a beating but you can take El Dorado Parkinglotway all the way there.

Have to be on the road by 9:30 however, kiddo has pics with Santa at 10 in Plano.