• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Home sweet home! Back for 3 weeks and ready to go discin around my favorite area. I wanna meet some new awesome golfers. I live in frisco but go to the frisco, McKinney, colony, Carrollton and lewisville courses. Lets make a day of golf people hit me up!

Home sweet home! Back for 3 weeks and ready to go discin around my favorite area. I wanna meet some new awesome golfers. I live in frisco but go to the frisco, McKinney, colony, Carrollton and lewisville courses. Lets make a day of golf people hit me up!

The mini at Lake Lewisville at 2pm on Saturday is where I'll typically be the first Saturday of the month. We have a ladies league that forms a division there once per month at the mini, and I frequently play a casual round before or after the mini.

I'm in The Colony. You have my number, hit me up whenev. Might play a round at Bill Allen tomorrow morning.

We could use a work day at bicentennial to mow and trim holes 13-15, I'm trying to set something up.

Hole 13 is starting to look like a jungle.

Well we had a work day yesterday, just a little more salt and vinegar for the putting circle and brush, and the vietnam hole should start looking like a real hole! I hope to get it sprayed and salted by june 1st for the bicentennial majestic.

Big picture, but that's right before the rain hit. We worked through the rain, and cleared most of the grass that's in play. Pretty sore today lol.

Attachments

• 964104_10151617239907748_1735376943_o.jpg
    964104_10151617239907748_1735376943_o.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 46
Big picture, but that's right before the rain hit. We worked through the rain, and cleared most of the grass that's in play. Pretty sore today lol.

That looks like an awesome hole! I've played the course before. I don't remember it. Seems like I should've.

Took a crew from the Austin TX , DG scene. They raved about Harry Myers.

You don't realize what you play on all the time is that nice until someone from out of town plays there. It's so well kept. I miss trees on holes 2 and 10 that made them tougher, but it's still a great course.

It's a tough call between Z BOAS or Veterans. I think some of the holes at ZBs are just iconic. The scenery and hole layout are perfect. And Veterans is just a monster of a course, Experience friends would be taken there. Lester is a close 3rd.

That looks like an awesome hole! I've played the course before. I don't remember it. Seems like I should've.

Hole was finished around jan/feb. it use to go up and over a hill. And then back down. Too many disc in back yards. So it got shifted down

I walked the new course in Fate, TX today. I didn't play, just walked it.

All of the baskets are in, and all but 6 of the tee pads are in.

Mostly short, but very technical. It's amazing how the honey locust trees are almost completely cleared out. I only saw four on the whole course, 3 of them on hole 11... and they had been cleared of their thorns on the trunks. The amount of work that took is amazing.

The grass was already in need of mowing (about 9 inches high). The guys from the city were mowing the "non disc golf" part of the park. One of them said he'd get the tractor and mow the course Thursday for weekend play, but it's raining now. I hope they still mow it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

This looks like a lot of fun to me. I like courses that are hard to shoot par on. There are birdie opportunities, all the holes are fair and can be scored as par if you play conservatively... BUT, there's hundreds of cedar trees and other pitfalls that can easily run up your score.

It looks like it will be really frustrating if you aren't on your game, but a blast if you're playing well.

I'm looking forward to getting out there with my discs.

I played bear creek on Saturday. Loved that course. Really it had everything. I got poison ivy somewhere along the way. Is still prolly give it a 4/5 maybe even a slight bump.

I played bear creek on Saturday. Loved that course. Really it had everything. I got poison ivy somewhere along the way. Is still prolly give it a 4/5 maybe even a slight bump.

I played out there on Monday. The poison ivy is everywhere in the rough.

really? i can't see it higher than 3.5
that course and veterans seem quite overrated to me.

I walked the new course in Fate, TX today. I didn't play, just walked it.

All of the baskets are in, and all but 6 of the tee pads are in.

I'm looking forward to getting out there with my discs.

sounds awesome! thanks for the update

Latest posts