• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

really? i can't see it higher than 3.5
that course and veterans seem quite overrated to me.

I agree that people need to play a course like Selah before they go giving high ratings to other courses.

That said, I did rate Vets higher than normal, but that was because of the great club out there, and all the events the ADGA has and how well maintained the course is. When you get right down to it, I'd rather travel to play Vets than Selah because of the social aspect. I think I made that fairly clear in my review.

really? i can't see it higher than 3.5
that course and veterans seem quite overrated to me.

What are you knocking it for? It has concrete. It has good signage. It has a good layout besides the walk to 13, which really isn't all that bad. The posion ivy is nasty and it was pretty muddy. But, it had a very high fun factor and some really well designed holes.

I agree that people need to play a course like Selah before they go giving high ratings to other courses.

That said, I did rate Vets higher than normal, but that was because of the great club out there, and all the events the ADGA has and how well maintained the course is. When you get right down to it, I'd rather travel to play Vets than Selah because of the social aspect. I think I made that fairly clear in my review.

Just for the record. I have played Selah multiple times. Actually i was there the next day after i played bear creek.

I walked the new course in Fate, TX today. I didn't play, just walked it.

All of the baskets are in, and all but 6 of the tee pads are in.

Mostly short, but very technical. It's amazing how the honey locust trees are almost completely cleared out. I only saw four on the whole course, 3 of them on hole 11... and they had been cleared of their thorns on the trunks. The amount of work that took is amazing.

The grass was already in need of mowing (about 9 inches high). The guys from the city were mowing the "non disc golf" part of the park. One of them said he'd get the tractor and mow the course Thursday for weekend play, but it's raining now. I hope they still mow it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

This looks like a lot of fun to me. I like courses that are hard to shoot par on. There are birdie opportunities, all the holes are fair and can be scored as par if you play conservatively... BUT, there's hundreds of cedar trees and other pitfalls that can easily run up your score.

It looks like it will be really frustrating if you aren't on your game, but a blast if you're playing well.

I'm looking forward to getting out there with my discs.

Another user on this site gave The Cedars (Fate) a real beat down rating of 1 disc. I don't see that as a fair assessment and it's good to see others who view this park for what it is. It's not meant to be an easy run, but instead meant to play technical with high risk/reward benefit.
The course designers did a fantastic job and the city has put an unlimited amount of resources behind this project. The remaining teepads will hopefully be in once the wet weather ceases for a week or so. We haven't had a dry week in over a month. Be sure to rate the course after you've played so that we can get this course the proper assessment that it deserves.

What are you knocking it for?

Bear Creek is one of my least favorite courses because it is so nasty and smelly. Every time I throw, I almost want to just leave my disc rather than pick it up out of the ashtray it lands in. That matters a lot to me when it comes to a course. It needs to be scenic and pleasant enough that I would go there for a nice walk.

Bear Creek is one of my least favorite courses because it is so nasty and smelly. Every time I throw, I almost want to just leave my disc rather than pick it up out of the ashtray it lands in. That matters a lot to me when it comes to a course. It needs to be scenic and pleasant enough that I would go there for a nice walk.

I really like Bear Creek but I have to agree the standing water gets pretty nasty smell wise. The group of people I usually play with refer to #5 as the green sherbert pond because of the oh so appealing film of green algae or whatever that is right behind the basket.

Not to mention that rill or whatever behind the short tee on #6 and the standing water near the basket on #15 just on the other side of the footbridge. Stil Bear Creek ranks amongst one of my favorites in the area.

It's no rumor
934161_10102535871330340_410891822_n.jpg

have you played veterans? it has tons of variety i love that you need accuracy and distance. great course, wish it was closer.

of course i've played it. how could i properly express an opinion otherwise! :|

i've never played a tourney or mini or anything out there at vets. i agree that adds to the appeal of a good course. i love lake park for that reason.

What are you knocking it for? It has concrete. It has good signage. It has a good layout besides the walk to 13, which really isn't all that bad. The posion ivy is nasty and it was pretty muddy. But, it had a very high fun factor and some really well designed holes.

Just for the record. I have played Selah multiple times. Actually i was there the next day after i played bear creek.

yeah, i agree with everything you said. and that adds up to a very good course, which is what a 3.5 rating is.

is it excellent? i don't think so, too many doinky holes. i don't know if i could give a 4.0 to a course where you can reach the pin off every tee (except for probably 6 at bear creek). it would have to be pretty special otherwise.

there is another metroplex course getting new concrete tees right now also!

Kennedale's Sonora Park gets concrete

there is another metroplex course getting new concrete tees right now also!

Concrete tee pads completed on 5/31/2013 at Sonora Park. Hole 1 has moved back about 80 feet its now located up on the levee by the pound. Also Hole 8's basket will be moving back and left away from the bottomless creek area it now sits close to.

Hmmmm. Sounds like someone had a bad round there. Don't be such a princess :eek:

The day i played bear creek it rained the night before pretty heavily. It was muddy but, what course wouldn't have been? I didn't notice any bad smells or an abundant amount of cigarette butts.

we saw lots of people just walking through the park too.

The pond behind 5 is very, very nasty. But is anybody really docking a course for how gross a hazard is?

Latest posts