• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Played two rounds at Audubon today. All 18 tees are awesome, wide and wonderful concrete! They made all but the last hole about 10 to 15 feet shorter than I used to play them. What a fabulous improvement to have great footing!

I've already been practicing there twice a week. Now my drives are better. It's a lot more fun. Yes, I'm excited too.

Anyone have an update on the new Little Elm coarse?

In the Mccord Park thread, John Houck stated they were going to open in the middle of this month (before the park itself does). Barring any complications.

I walked the course a few weeks back and im wayyyy too excited for this park to open. I just moved a few minutes away so it'll be my home course!

Sorry for the double post, I can't find the edit post button. John Houck just updated the Mccord park thread. He said current guestimation is August at this point, due to construction delays.

Awesome, & thanks for the update. I live just accross the Lake Lewi toll bridge, so this coarse will be almost as close as Lake Park or Denton for me. If it is anything like how he designed Rockwall, we are in for a treat!

Patrick

In the Mccord Park thread, John Houck stated they were going to open in the middle of this month (before the park itself does). Barring any complications.

I walked the course a few weeks back and im wayyyy too excited for this park to open. I just moved a few minutes away so it'll be my home course!

I am in Dallas for a few days. Looking for a hook up at Cedar Hill on Friday morning (tomorrow). Somebody said there was a local FB page. Dunno.

Thanks,
Ron

does anyone know where the new Anna course will be? any new word on when it will be done?

i was thinking of hitting denison soon and it could be on the way.

The day i played bear creek it rained the night before pretty heavily. It was muddy but, what course wouldn't have been? I didn't notice any bad smells or an abundant amount of cigarette butts.

we saw lots of people just walking through the park too.

The pond behind 5 is very, very nasty. But is anybody really docking a course for how gross a hazard is?

a fresh rain would probably make it not smell so bad. that said, i can't say i've ever been particularly offended by odors there. that pond is nasty though. just don't throw in there! :D

Yeah, Bear Creek doesn't smell as bad as some parts of other local courses. Gateway comes to mind on 5 and or 7. Paschall can have a similar aroma to Gateway in the back on 10 thru 12. Audubon near the sewer outlet on 3 etc. etc.

Disc golf generally isn't given the best land in the park. It's just the way it goes.

make the trek to either the Carrollton Play it again sports (Midway and Trinity Hills) or the Dynamic Discs store in Lewisville (exit at 407 off 35, Lake Park Rd and Oakridge Blvd) it might be farther than you care to drive but they will have a better selection and a more knowledgeable staff than anywhere else.

for a closer option, someone else can chime in.

I am in the mid cities area, does anyone know where I can buy discs other than Academy

A lot of the local minis also have discs you can buy. Saturday mornings at Grand Prairie, Saturday afternoon at Cedar Hill, Sunday morning at Arlington, and Sunday afternoon in Duncanville all have discs for sale, and a good selection. PM me and I can see if we have what you're looking for right now.

The Quick Stop in Arlington has a very good selection, but can be pricey.
I saw a sign at Veterans for the quickstop, but it didnt have an address on it. Where is it located?

As far as the minis I work most weekends so I wouldnt be able to make them..

took a 13 year break from discgolf and I really regret selling my old discs.

Right now I am looking for a few soft Ions, and a few of the basic Innovas in Star plastic.

I saw a sign at Veterans for the quickstop, but it didnt have an address on it. Where is it located?

It's right by the cleaners in the strip at the corner of Arkansas Lane and Roosevelt. I also found it to be pricey and the proprietor a bit pushy, but lots and lots of discs there. If you play Veterans park that is reason enough to stop in, if only to look around.

I prefer the PIAS in Carrolton that was mentioned. They have a 40 foot wall of discs, new and used.

DD Lewisville has a great selection of discs, and a very knowledgeable staff. Prices are decent. You could save a few bucks buying online versus driving to DD but if you like to see what you are buying first hand then you can't really beat DD for price/selection in the metroplex.

dude disc golf museum in denton is the best ever check out their site but yer area easys smoke shop is said to have discs but idk

Last edited: