• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I'm sitting at the park now. No baskets. No sign of marked tees. Nice park. Would be good for a little 9er, but i don't see one here.

Yea, I saw that pop up yesterday with the Private course at Oncore. Today the course is not listed. Not sure who added it when it is not even in the ground yet.

BTW, I did do a sponsorship out there, looking forward to the course getting in the ground.

Oh, I am working on playing every course in Texas. So knowing about these unlisted courses is fun. I want to know more about this Aledo course and this Church course in Arlington.

I have a few unlisted courses on my list of courses played, always looking to play more.

I have started to cross reference UDisc and the PDGA web page for courses to make sure I have played all the courses in an area. That is actually how I found out about a few new courses.

Drove by Weischel Park yesterday near Love Field to see what's up with the pending 9-holer mentioned on the last page. Also PM'd the person who said they were working to put it in a week ago but so far no reply.

From the Cedar Springs side there doesn't seem to be anything going on, but there is also no parking available over there so they may be starting on the other side of the park. Looks like a pretty nice piece of property for it if they don't get too ambitious on distances - lots of mature trees and a creek through the middle. May flood some but what course doesn't around here...

I have played all of the versions of the Saddle Hills course over a period of at least 10 years, and I have to agree with dreadlock86. I had trouble finding my way from hole to hole, but the vast majority of the holes I recognized once I found the correct tee pad. Calling this a "new" course is a stretch, at best. I also agree with dreadlock86 that this debate in now diminishes the hard work put in by volunteers.

The last sentence should say "in no way diminishes ..." I hate when I find a mistake AFTER I have posted. Sorry for that.

i've always had a soft spot for Saddle Hills. i believe in the property too, it just needs to hit a final form and then get some really good signage showing all the alt tees and basket locations (with current location indicators, of course). watch how fast those ratings would go up with great signs, a few stairs here and there, and better creek crossing options.

I'm sitting at the park now. No baskets. No sign of marked tees. Nice park. Would be good for a little 9er, but i don't see one here.

Still no baskets at Weichsel as of yesterday. We jumped over to Founders and played a couple of rounds there instead.

I'm reading facebook posts sharing the news that Grand Prairie's Consensus Master Plan for Turner Park does not include disc golf. The course at that location is to be moved elsewhere in the city. Not sure of a time frame for that to happen, but what a shame! Play those hills while you can.

I'm reading facebook posts sharing the news that Grand Prairie's Consensus Master Plan for Turner Park does not include disc golf. The course at that location is to be moved elsewhere in the city. Not sure of a time frame for that to happen, but what a shame! Play those hills while you can.

What else would you do with that topography - hiking trails? They can't flatten it all out and build more ball fields.

There are other good spots within Grand Prairie but this is concerning. West side of Dallas county will soon have only Fritz and Wellington p.o.s. to disc at :thmbdown:

In DFW one day

I'm in dallas one day and I'm hell bent on playing I'm staying right by DFW and ubering around with that being said where should I play tomorrow AM also looking for people to shoot with!

I'm in dallas one day and I'm hell bent on playing I'm staying right by DFW and ubering around with that being said where should I play tomorrow AM also looking for people to shoot with!

Play Turner in Grand Prairie while you still can! Supposed to be some rain this morning though. You might have better luck on the North side of the metroplex until later today.

You're still close, check out Turner and Fritz if you can. Depending on weather. And if you want perhaps the best course in the DFW area...check out Harry Myers.

I know it's not in DFW, but Johnyfo8 has played Big Mack in Lubbock. So far, I'm getting zero response on it and there aren't any reviews. Do I need to drive to high ground of Texas and play this course or can I wait until I'm heading that direction?

I know it's not in DFW, but Johnyfo8 has played Big Mack in Lubbock. So far, I'm getting zero response on it and there aren't any reviews. Do I need to drive to high ground of Texas and play this course or can I wait until I'm heading that direction?

Wait til I'm heading that direction, then meet me there.

Drove by Weischel Park yesterday to see if any work had started or some flags placed or anything. Also wanted to check out the drainage.

So far nothing but I am more convinced a course would be good for this park, It's right next to a Jr High and the parking lot was full of guys sitting in their cars looking around all creepy. It may not be a 'very good' 9-holer location but it'd make a nice putter/Roc course or they could do 6 really nice holes there.

Drove by Weischel Park yesterday to see if any work had started or some flags placed or anything. Also wanted to check out the drainage.

So far nothing but I am more convinced a course would be good for this park, It's right next to a Jr High and the parking lot was full of guys sitting in their cars looking around all creepy. It may not be a 'very good' 9-holer location but it'd make a nice putter/Roc course or they could do 6 really nice holes there.

Yeah, when I drove by there last spring it looked like deals were going down in that parking lot. It could benefit from a lot more visits from good folks.

I would say Veteran's Park, Harry Myers, Z-boaz, and the 2 Lester Lorch courses beaver and coyote would be the top 5 but they are all so spread out from each other in different corners of DFW so picking one would make going to of the others a long drive. The best course would depend on the player, Lester Lorch would suit a woods course player more and it has 36 holes, Harry Myers has one of the best designs but not quite as much terrain changes as the others or Veteran's for more advanced players that puts drive distance at a premium and gives you a variety of types of terrain. Z-boaz also has a great mix of shots and terrain like Veteran's. You couldn't really go wrong with any of those I listed, Harry Myers is one of the newest, Veteran's the 2nd oldest in town but has very new baskets and both of those get the pros to show up for tournaments hosted there.

Latest posts