• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I guess there are two water Carrie's at Beaver, but one is a hyzer for RHBH, so pretty easy to avoid the water. The other I was able to clear so it's not that long. Seems that hitting a tree and rolling back is one of the more likely watery graves.

17 at Bicentennial is a water carry, but avoidable if you give up a lot of distance. Several that parallel the creek and can lead to a watery grave.

Hole 6 at Bill Allen, downhill to the pond then back up to the basket - probably 260-270 over? The water has been pretty low lately. Tall grass around the edges makes it tougher too, same with the creek at McCord.

Lestor Lorch courses are my favorite in DFW. Crossroads, near it, is also a fun play. ZBoaz has been fun every time I play it. Even as I approach 62 years old... I'd look forward to playing there. It's a long way from Garland, and the mobs are always a pain, even when they let you play through. Saddle Hills is both really fun, and strange at the same time. It just feels "off". It's a feeling, so I'll leave it at that. I like Towne Lake, but my aging card mates only want to play Alex Clark when we play in that area. I get it. I can't throw as far as I used to, either. Gateway has always been fun, in every layout, but it's gotten so crowded, that it's a pain to go there. Harry Myers just isn't the same since it became 2.0. I live close, but I don't go out there much anymore. Maybe I'm nostalgic for the much better course that it used to be. Yeah... that's it. BB is crowded and sketchy. I don't care about that much, but I can see how it can be an issue for some. Audubon is fun, but... it's not a really good layout. The fun factor is because it's "long, old school" that isn't too crowded. The park is nice. It's just a little repetitious, so... boring. Founders is a fun play. I like Turner, but it's on the way out. Too bad. Fritz is a lot like Audubon. At least, that's the way I see it. I'll end this by saying, yet again... I miss Beaver Creek.

haha, thanks for clarifying. i was so confused for a second

Saddle Hills is both really fun, and strange at the same time. It just feels "off". It's a feeling, so I'll leave it at that.

i totally get that but it's somehow part of why i love it

Audubon is fun, but... it's not a really good layout. The fun factor is because it's "long, old school" that isn't too crowded. The park is nice. It's just a little repetitious, so... boring. Fritz is a lot like Audubon.

this resonates with me

This thread has been dormant a while. Where is everybody? Anyone in DFW interested in a DGCR travel tag exchange during a midweek lunchtime round?

In other news, a pitch and putt course installed last summer in Oak Point called "The Hollow at Wildridge" has been added to the site. Does anyone know who designed the course?

A new 18-hole course is open in Rowlett (behind Rowlett HS; at the community center). No map, and empty posts where T signs will go (at least when I played 9 days ago). I am told Avery Jenkins designed it, but I don't have enough information to list it here. It's probably a 3.5 for me, but some of my buddies who played with me thought it was at least 4.0. Elevation and trees are well used, but very little water in play, and no water carry.

A new 18-hole course is open in Rowlett (behind Rowlett HS; at the community center). No map, and empty posts where T signs will go (at least when I played 9 days ago). I am told Avery Jenkins designed it, but I don't have enough information to list it here. It's probably a 3.5 for me, but some of my buddies who played with me thought it was at least 4.0. Elevation and trees are well used, but very little water in play, and no water carry.
Pics on UDisc make it look really open. I plan to check it out once signs are installed. I played The Hideaway this past weekend, and Nacho said he's creating additional holes for the existing course plus a much smaller additional 18-hole course in the woods. That's exciting.

By the way, for anyone who's interested I've been documenting area courses around DFW on Instagram lately. Look for the tag #dfwdiscgolf to see my mini reviews with links back to this site.

Last edited:
Pics on UDisc make it look really open. I plan to check it out once signs are installed. I played The Hideaway this past weekend, and Nacho said he's creating additional holes for the existing course plus a much smaller additional 18-hole course in the woods. That's exciting.

By the way, for anyone who's interested I've been documenting area courses around DFW on Instagram lately. Look for the tag #dfwdiscgolf to see my mini reviews with links back to this site.

On the new course in Rowlett, front 9 is pretty open, but trees are well used to force lines or guard baskets. Back 9 has more trees (still not heavily wooded) and water in view but not really in play on a couple of holes. Elevation is not extreme, but it comes into play on more than half of the holes. Each basket has a next T indicator, so navigation is pretty easy.

In other news, a pitch and putt course installed last summer in Oak Point called "The Hollow at Wildridge" has been added to the site. Does anyone know who designed the course?

Just made plans to check it out with a local resident tomorrow if the weather holds up. It wasn't done by the city and is not in a city park.

Just made plans to check it out with a local resident tomorrow if the weather holds up. It wasn't done by the city and is not in a city park.
It uses Dynamic Disc Veteran baskets, but the folks at Dynamic Discs Carrollton don't know who designed it.

Burleson extended their course to 18–not sure when, probably been a few years now. We've played it a few times recently.

It's a fun course. Mostly flat with some trees, but not super challenging. Regardless I think it's a lot of fun to play. I think it's because the skill level to play well is around my upper limit. Ie I have a shot at birdie (2 or 3) on most holes, but getting a the bird requires my best throws.

i've only played the original 9 but it was fun. are the new holes more wooded or similar to the old ones?

I played Bailey Lake in Burleson for the first time just this month. The back nine plays through tighter fairways leading to a pond with a couple intimidating water carries. Overall, a really good course approachable for beginners and still interesting for advanced players.

I just played the new Wildhorse 9-holer in Oak Point with my dad who is married to the mayor. He is pretty certain the HOA installed this course and is going to see if he can find their contact for me to see who designed it.

As for the design itself, this was an exceptional use of the space they had available. Definitely going back with my 10-year-old. Whoever put this in knew more than a little about disc golf and what a safe and fun course design should be

I forgot my range finder but will get the distances this week if they aren't already added. I don't post reviews because i don't care what people think - but in it's rough and new condition I'd say it's a solid 2.5 pitch/putt, which could easily be a 3.

Couple of water carry's on the back with bailout options.

Hard to say exactly why—it plays similar to Weatherford, but I think it's a little more fun.

The hole lengths on the signs are pretty accurate.

Latest posts