• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW Disc Golfers...

chronicatm

Eagle Member
I am very close to opening a store in the DFW area.

I am curious what courses are thought to get the absolute most traffic, and where would a store benefit the most people.

Thanks for all insight!

For selfish purposes I would love to get a disc golf store in carrollton near where the pias used to by by porter and greenbelt. I have to drive to Lewisville or plano pias now.

What we really need to do, is talk to someone about utilizing Cross Timbers park as a disc golf course in NRH...

But...for your question.

Used discs, loyalty programs, close proximity to courses, sponsorship of local tourneys.

What we really need to do, is talk to someone about utilizing Cross Timbers park as a disc golf course in NRH...

But...for your question.

Used discs, loyalty programs, close proximity to courses, sponsorship of local tourneys.

Wow... I didn't read anything you posted. I would say someplace between ft. and Dallas would be ideal. locals traveling between cities can have a stop on the way to the courses.

There's a substantial pull along the eastern leg of 635, with Audubon, Paschall, and smaller 9-holes along the route. Further out on 30 is Rockwall, which gets substantial traffic.

West of Dallas, most of the substantial courses lie along 30 (Turner, Veterans) that get decent traffic and host regular tourneys.

I know there're some excellent courses in the Plano/Allen/McKinney area, but a shop that far north is going to lose quite a bit of pull simply due to the kind of traffic going north out of the city.

Personally? I'd like to see something on Northwest Highway and 635.

I keep looking longingly at the empty retail spots across from Audubon Park by DaBoys sports bar and Mr Jim's Pizza. Would love to open another proshop but the wife would leave me this time for sure...

Including Audubon, there are 3 18 holers and 2 9 hole courses along that section of LBJ between Richardson and Mesquite, and Harry Myers not far up I30. There's supposed to be a small store there in Rockwall but I've never seen it and never see them on the East Dallas fbook page or on here. There is a guy who has a trailer at BB Owen some weekends and during doubles, not too bad of a selection considering it's just a trailer but I've only seen him out there once.

Good fortune be with you amigo, and make sure to be 'nice' on social media!

Dynamic Discs serves the Lewisville / Carrollton area.
The Quik Stop serves the Arlington / south Ft. Worth area.
I read on this web site that a store is going to open in north Ft. Worth / Haltom City.
You have pias in both Plano and McKinney.

The area without a full line disc golf store is the east side of DFW. Paschall, DeBusk and Porter Elem. in Mesquite, Audubon in Garland, Harry Myers in Rockwall, The Cedars in Fate and BB Owens in northeast Dallas are all a long way from any disc golf store.

You would also get traffic from the east Texas (Canton) crowd with an east side store.

I agree that sites near bb owen or audubon would be great.

The Replay Sports store in McKinney is pretty strong. They have a solid selection, have discing employees but they sell an @ss-ton of used discs without calling the numbers in them... :|

I've talked to the owner about opening an East-side store but he says it's a no-go since he makes most of his mark-up on other sports' gear, and he claims the East side is mostly soccer players with very little profit margin.

There is a huge baseball/softball complex at Audubon, as well as 6-8 soccer fields and a waterpark if you are looking beyond just discs.

Dynamic Discs serves the Lewisville / Carrollton area.
The Quik Stop serves the Arlington / south Ft. Worth area.
I read on this web site that a store is going to open in north Ft. Worth / Haltom City.
You have pias in both Plano and McKinney.

The area without a full line disc golf store is the east side of DFW. Paschall, DeBusk and Porter Elem. in Mesquite, Audubon in Garland, Harry Myers in Rockwall, The Cedars in Fate and BB Owens in northeast Dallas are all a long way from any disc golf store.

The store you are referring to in Haltom City will be directly next to North Park.

There is also Foremans General Store on Highway 26 between Arcadia/North Park and Bear Creek.

There is also already a store down the road from Z-Boaz, which I would consider the course with the most traffic in the area.

Hard to argue about other sports. It is mostly hard core soccer and disc golf. A bunch of guys play cricket, but cricket doesn't seem to require very much equipment either.

A Quik Stop type of store (convenience store with a LOT of discs) would probably be the best option for the east side.

The store you are referring to in Haltom City will be directly next to North Park.

There is also Foremans General Store on Highway 26 between Arcadia/North Park and Bear Creek.

That is exciting!
Forman's is a gem... I try not to spread the word so I can keep it all to myself but its a great little stop for new releases and great prices.

That is exciting!
Forman's is a gem... I try not to spread the word so I can keep it all to myself but its a great little stop for new releases and great prices.

For sure. David @ Foremans is a legit dude, he doesn't believe in jacking up prices on stuff like the other stores around. First runs sell for the same as normal runs, etc. Another little gem is the House of Blades on 820 and Quebec in Lake Worth. They don't have the best selection but you can find pre-flight Innova in there quite often. They don't know what they have and it's only Innova/Discraft.

I'm a little upset about the North Park store :O ...I told my wife I was going to open a store in that exact location the day before I found out. That's what happens when you just think about things and don't actually do them. Either way it will be pretty sweet.

Last edited:
I keep looking longingly at the empty retail spots across from Audubon Park by DaBoys sports bar and Mr Jim's Pizza. Would love to open another proshop but the wife would leave me this time for sure...

Including Audubon, there are 3 18 holers and 2 9 hole courses along that section of LBJ between Richardson and Mesquite, and Harry Myers not far up I30. There's supposed to be a small store there in Rockwall but I've never seen it and never see them on the East Dallas fbook page or on here. There is a guy who has a trailer at BB Owen some weekends and during doubles, not too bad of a selection considering it's just a trailer but I've only seen him out there once.

Good fortune be with you amigo, and make sure to be 'nice' on social media!

The store in Rockwall hardly merits the name--it's an addendum to a coffee shop that specializes in DGA discs. Not much to commend them for other than their coffee. But it's good coffee.

How is Bear Creek not mentioned? I know it's not the longest course in DFW, but even on a Wednesday at 1 in the afternoon I've had to wait for other players to finish a hole. I've never had to wait on just about every other course in the area.

The only problem I see with Bear Creek is that so many people sell used discs there. Still, it's right between Dallas and Ft. Worth, the closest shop is probably Foreman's. It might be something to think about.

Not to completely hijack this thread, but anyone offer up any decent used stores that won't price gouge used discs? I was looking at going to the McKinney shop to get some used discs to start out with.

Living in the mid cities and visiting many of the stores mentioned so far also makes me think that a disc golf store near 30 and 157 or in Grand Prairie near Beltline and 30 would be a nice location. I've never been a fan of the quickstop prices so anything new in the area will easily get my business.