• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW Disc Golfers...

I should also add that the place I was just referring to has a very limited selection. I have seen discs from most top manufacturers. However they only carry maybe 2-4 molds from each brand, save for a few more from Innova and Discraft.

Please, please open one around Irving, maybe on Beltline between I-30 and Airport Freeway?(would make it central for Fritz and Turner) Fritz is now a 18 hole course and is getting busier week by week. The Irving DGC also said the city is planning on building another one. Keep in mind that there isn't really anything South of I-20 for Cedar Hill, Crossroads and Waxahachie either.

The closest shop to us is Foreman's, and you couldn't hear the sigh that came out when I typed that.

I agree with a store near lorch. There is coyote, beaver, mt Lebanon, crossroads, turner, and maybe waxahachie that you could draw people from. That would probably be the best bet IMO.

OP is from Colleyville. Not sure how much travel is a concern, but the Duncanville courses are a draw. On the Colleyville side of things though, Trophy Club is suddenly a fun course now, I have seen several people playing it recently. Something between it, Northpark and Bear Creek might be worth it even with the shop going in near Northpark. Also, anything closer to Irving would be nice, but as much as Fritz is gaining traffic, until Irving builds a second 18 hole course, I don't know if there's enough to warrant a shop.

Trophy Club is getting more popular. It is a legit course....Although I imagine leasing anything right there is hard to get into and expensive.

in Roanoke there may be a new course going in not far from the Trophy Club course.

Something around Cedar Hill/Duncanville sounds like a decent area. The two Lorch parks get a lot of traffic. Something Mesquite/Rockwall-ish would work well too, lots of courses in that area. Trophy Club could be a good one to get into before someone else, but there's not a whole lot else around there. I would imagine Rockwall or Trophy Club having some pretty crazy rent, Cedar Hill/Duncanville would likely be better on that count.

That would be pretty legit...you know whereabouts?

It's really up to the the homeowners but it sounds promising. I've heard it's behind the new elementary school in some land donated by a developer. I haven't been able to pin down where because there is two newish elementary schools and two newish subdivisions. It also sounds like its a little ways out yet.

supposedly its off of Byron Nelson by 114, probably near Litsey Rd.

Read my post above yours. There are two possible spots with a new subdivision and elementary. I'm pretty sure it's the one north of 114 on litsey but the acerage is a little off. They told me 40 acres but the land up there is almost 100 acres.

I built the Roanoke soccer complex and I'm currently building the skate park just north of the waterpark. I wish they would have built this Dg course when I started but I'll be building a park in Midlothian by the time this one is started.

I've pushed the city pretty hard for details but the homeowners in the devolepment get the final say in what they want on the donated land.

The Replay Sports store in McKinney is pretty strong. They have a solid selection, have discing employees but they sell an @ss-ton of used discs without calling the numbers in them... :|

I've talked to the owner about opening an East-side store but he says it's a no-go since he makes most of his mark-up on other sports' gear, and he claims the East side is mostly soccer players with very little profit margin.

There is a huge baseball/softball complex at Audubon, as well as 6-8 soccer fields and a waterpark if you are looking beyond just discs.

Wouldn't hold that against them, they aren't the ones disc diving. they simply buy the discs from people that bring them in. If you find a disc of yours they will sell it to you for the price they paid no hassle. I've also had them look for people bringing in lost discs of mine.

Not to completely hijack this thread, but anyone offer up any decent used stores that won't price gouge used discs? I was looking at going to the McKinney shop to get some used discs to start out with.

Replay sports in McKinney, Play it again sports in Plano

Replay has an extensive clearance rack and a TON of used discs.

35 posts and on the front General Chat page for 3 days, but no response from the OP? Would be nice to hear something so we can speculate for another couple pages...

Latest posts