• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

Pucker factor-(puckering of the anus) that shot that just misses the tree or stops inches from dropping in the water "that shot had some serious pucker factor!"

esdubya - As we were walking down a fairway I accidentally kicked a stump and almost fell. She blurted out something. That something was a very funny word, but I cannot remember it, and it's driving me nuts.
We call the small stumps (<3" diameter) that typically remain after a new fairway is cleared "bungee stakes" (Vietnam reference) that you can stub your toe on.

There's lots of sayings around here for good shots. I played with a guy the other week and every other shot taken he'd say - 'That dog will hunt' or 'That dog'ill hunt'. Cracked me up

"Get clean!" when your drive is hazardously close to hitting an obstacle. I like to yell at my discs "get dirty!" just because my mind is in the gutter

We "get some tree love" when a tree saves the day

"Lumberjacking" is hitting a close by tree two or more throws in a row

"Snaking a par/birdie/eagle" is managing a good score on a hole with one incredible shot that you otherwise completely butchered.

"B!tch Branches" are those tiny little trees/limbs that nevertheless manage to completely kill your shot.

I have heard many people say "local route" for the route you inadvertantly take on a botched throw that lands near the basic. It is semi-sarcastic, but it has become common place to hear people call that shot a local route.

We call that "taking the path less traveled by" in my part of the woods:)

I, for one, am getting tired of hearing 'FLIP UP!!!' around these parts.

"get new" -- said while disc is in flight, when you want your disc to come out of a turnover and finish left (RHBH)

"ninja branch" -- that one little branch hanging down in the fairway, sometimes invisible from the tee, until it knocks your disc down from what appeared to be a nearly perfect throw

"pucker factor" -- high degree of difficulty or high intimidation level, said when stepping up to throw from a tee where there's no safe option or lay up available, and lots of disc loss potential and/or OB. For example, having to carry a long ways over water into a stiff headwind and finish on a narrow peninsula. I've always heard it used this way, different from the usage mentioned earlier in the thread.

Yep. But since most players 'bounce up' after stubbing on them it somehow transformed to 'bungee' instead.

Tin cupping - going double or triple OB on a hole. Watched a guy OB 4 times on one hole my first tourney.

Squid- the guys that go swimming for discs. We have some around here that call the numbers on the discs.

I have been hearing stable out this year when a disc is dangerously close to the right side on a rhbh

Greasy Line for an errant throw that somehow flies clean through the trees

Pan-Hyzer - those long floating putter and approach shots that start anhyzer and never come back

The Billy Tree - first possible tree that can be hit off the tee pad.

-Billy Crump

Latest posts