• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

The time has come. Brace yourself.

The plastic is very hard and stiff. Nothing like the soft, waxy Steadys. Closer to the last generation, pre-Torrent Proline. It is not very grippy, but better than my First Flight Proline Breaker. The shape is flat like my First Flight Proline Breaker and the rim feels the same in the hand. Color is white. I'm looking forward to beating this one in.

D-Line Breaker. I'm tellin' ya'. It's breaking in fast. Holds a straight line and modest fade. I've put away the Titanics because the Breaker is so much more reliable in the wind.

Anyone putting with D-Line Breakers? I was having a surprising amount of success screwing around with my ProLine on my practice basket the other night. Made me curious if anyone actually putts with them.

Michael Johansen putts with a Ringer. I've not even seen a Ringer but EVERYBODY says the Breaker is EXACTLY like a Ringer.

Michael Johansen putts with a Ringer. I've not even seen a Ringer but EVERYBODY says the Breaker is EXACTLY like a Ringer.

Everybody is wrong I think. I'm pretty sure the Ringer is a bit lower profile than the Breaker. I love my P and SP Breakers though so I might try a D-Line too. I might even try a Ringer, since they are pretty close.

I can only speak for the Cryztal FLX Ringer v SP/MF Breaker comparison, but they are exactly the same mold. The only difference is the Ringer blend molded up slightly less OS.

They're not quite identical but nearly, the breaker is slightly more overstable and it comes in Proline so...winner.

They're not quite identical but nearly, the breaker is slightly more overstable and it comes in Proline so...winner.

A little more rounded shoulder transition too. Both cool discs, Ive tossed a ringer and I like it.

But, the Breaker :thmbup:

I figured it was like the Magnet and Titanic difference, like Magnet:Titanic::Ringer:Breaker. The Titanic has a nose spacer supposedly that makes it just a bit taller than the Magnet.

Anybody know for sure?

595bfd6a-7c41-4a8b-9897-709f63765e38.jpg

94b10e72-fc90-42cf-a27f-06333bcb41aa.jpg

1fb474b1-8d5b-4e4a-8ba6-701a8e8ede64.jpg

Why did I take the D Breakers out of my bag?? My plan was to beat in a ProLine to that tasty laser straight sweet spot, but I lost it, and the SP is VERY OS and not even showing any signs on breaking in. In go the beat D, which will drift right, and the fresh D which is very HSS and still has some fade.

Anyone buy any of the special blend Breakers? I believe Infinite had a few and Sunking did as well

The Midnight Flyer glow Breaker has SP Breaker stability. I would guess the cloudy white tourney stamped glow Breakers are the same. My glow Breaker has the weakest glow of the new Midnight Flyer series discs, and it can be tough to locate in the dark b/c it loses its charge quickly

The Midnight Flyer glow Breaker has SP Breaker stability. I would guess the cloudy white tourney stamped glow Breakers are the same. My glow Breaker has the weakest glow of the new Midnight Flyer series discs, and it can be tough to locate in the dark b/c it loses its charge quickly

Thanks.

I don't play glow rounds but find the glow blends feel better. I know a couple are sitting on the local shelf, but I may have to check them out

Thanks.

I don't play glow rounds but find the glow blends feel better.

I'm a fan of the extra grip and gumminess glow blends tend to have, but I think the SP and the glow Breaker blends feel very similar. That said, glow Breakers are pretty rare, so you'd be one of the few who bags one.

I'm a fan of the extra grip and gumminess glow blends tend to have, but I think the SP and the glow Breaker blends feel very similar. That said, glow Breakers are pretty rare, so you'd be one of the few who bags one.

There are like 3 sitting there. Not much action on anything but the big 3 in Ohio. I have free reign if trilogy, legacy, and a decent amount of discmania.

I figured it was like the Magnet and Titanic difference, like Magnet:Titanic::Ringer:Breaker. The Titanic has a nose spacer supposedly that makes it just a bit taller than the Magnet.

Anybody know for sure?

Yep the Magnet is the old nose, and top the Titanic has the Challenger top with a spacer for the nose. That is if you get a Flat top Magnet and not a slight concave or micro rounded top and a flatter top Titanic and not a more rounded top or concave. I mean the Titanic reminds me of a Classic Grid Aviar like top to a Magnet wing.

Latest posts