• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Breaker!

threw my breaker today for the first time (Pro Line plastic). throws very much like a broke in rhyno. Stays stable for me, wasn't overstable a bit. I liked it quite a bit actually. I also threw judges today, not so much like there.

they (breakers) are a bit of a glideless turd, and any wind catches those thumbtrac things and forces it down...

So the consensus is that the Breaker is a lacking attempt to make a slightly faster Rhyno? Not as overstable as you'd want? When people call it glideless, is that compared to the Rhyno? I would call the Rhyno glideless compared to a lot of other putters.

I am impressed with the Breaker. It has become my new go-to mid. I think it acts closer to 4 than 3 on speed and is far from not having glide. It is a lot like a D Zone, only not as strong fade, which I also like. But, it seems to work lines a lot better than my D Zone. It does not have much lift, and won't turn for me, but holds lines extremely well. It is easy to regulate fade with height or release angle or power. It does not seem to mind wind too much. It is the easiest disc to throw I have ever thrown.

I agree with anfryzer. Threw my Breaker 171g yesterday 3 rounds and it is much like my D Zone 169g. It has all the glide I want for approach shots.

The P-Line I have feels more like ESP. I think the only other plastic option is Sparkle which is like sparkle Z.

I got one at the 303 Ams, but haven't thrown it (it's got the 303 logo on it, so one the wall it shall remain) but I'm definetly interested in it. I thought it felt really good in the hand. Kind of sounds like a really wore-in Pig with a bead.

Anyone have the scoop on when to expect the SP Breaker? My Proline is breaking in nicely and is already loosing some of its fade, but perhaps that's because I've thrown it a gazillion times.

What disc has a shallower grip the breaker or the ringer? I'm looking to change putters and looking for the lowest profile putter to try out and see how the grip feels.

I like the feel of the Breaker, but still haven't thrown my first run yet. How do these bad boys putt?

I deuced 8 out of 9 last week at my local pitch and putt using the Breaker only. Had one bad drive. I think you've played Springvale North.

I'm lost.

I've heard everything from OS/always coming out of an anny, to super straight with no fade.

I'd like to try one, but it's nice to know what you're getting.

I'm lost.

I've heard everything from OS/always coming out of an anny, to super straight with no fade.

I'd like to try one, but it's nice to know what you're getting.

Every one I have thrown have been overstable on approaches, and a little less so on drives. On a full rip they still had great HSS but the fade was less pronounced.

Every one I have thrown have been overstable on approaches, and a little less so on drives. On a full rip they still had great HSS but the fade was less pronounced.

Agree. Driving with it backhand, or throwing it forehand with some hyzer, it tends to flip up and even turn over a bit, but will eventually straighten and fade. But putting you really have to account for the fade. Was nice to have in the wind last week, where my understable putters would just get blown around over any distance.

Latest posts