• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA disc talk

Declarkus

Double Eagle Member
I just tried to show my love for DGA, but the All Things DGA thread won't take replies (older than 55days? weird). I figured I'd start a new one:

First off, when a disc company's website is www.discgolf.com, you know this isn't their first rodeo.
DGAs founder, Steady Ed Headrick:
- Inventor of the first disc golf basket, the Disc Pole Hole
- Designed and Installed the first Disc Golf course
- Inventor of the modern day Frisbee
- Founded: Professional Disc Golf Association (PDGA)
- Established the first Disc Golf tournaments and a $50,000 landmark Frisbee Disc Golf Tournament in 1979.
- Donated his trademark "Disc Golf" to the public domain and his life to the sport he loved.

This is the company disc golfers should be supporting. Not some flashy noob pushing unproven, unreliable imitators.

Awesome post!

DGA discs definitely fly under the radar, which is a shame! Last year's introduction of the Breaker may have helped a bit, as I've heard tons of great reviews and stories of people switching from other molds to throw the Breaker!

I'm familiar with their whole line-up, and in my opinion, the standouts everyone should at least give a chance to are the Squall, Rogue and Hurricane!

What are your favorite DGA molds, Declarkus?

Ok, I'll bite. Squall, Rogue, Hurricane... what will they replace in your bag? Or what hole will they fill? I've seen Peter McBride throwing them.

I've had the same Proline Squall for almost 10 yrs. It's my favorite disc. I actually lost it several yrs ago and was devastated. I ended up finding it in a used bin a month later and was thrilled to get to buy it back (no sarcasm). Now I've got "$10 reward" under my #.

Ok, I'll bite. Squall, Rogue, Hurricane... what will they replace in your bag? Or what hole will they fill? I've seen Peter McBride throwing them.

IMHO, experiences will differ-

Squall- slightly faster Buzzz, maybe a touch more glide, seemed more of a tweener than true mid

Rogue- Surge SS-ish, if you want an ESP Surge SS this would probably do the trick

Hurricane- Destroyer-ish, like Destroyers I think the different plastics give a huge variance of results. Not much experience with Hurricanes but the little I had they reminded me most of a Destroyer

Also they need to change their artwork to try and bring more people in. IMO they have the worst looking stock stamps out there. And that they keep their stock stamps on cfr stuff really doesn't sit well with me.

The hurricane, tsunami, and aftershock are very nice molds. A lot of people love the squall, tho it never clicked with me. Same with the breaker.

The Squall is an awesome tweener disc between Mid and Fairway driver. It has the flight of a mid, but works great on lower lines like a fairway. Very straight disc. The rogue is different depending on the plastic. In SP, the Rogue reminds me a little bit of a Wraith, but with a little less fade at the tail end of the flight. In Proline, it is more of a hyzer flip disc, maybe like a Valk. Finally, the Hurricane is like a Destroyer, but you don't have to hunt for the good ones. Aside from the first flights, which had tons of glide and less stability, Hurricanes are great in the wind. I prefer Proline because of the grip, and the most recent run of Proline 'canes are really nice and overstable. Great for the high wind days out here on the coast. Flex SP Hurricanes are extremely overstable. Those are the workhorses when it gets ridiculously windy.

I love my Pro Titanic. I just picked up several DGA and they're all great:
Pro Undertow - Never thought I'd enjoy a turning disc so much.
Pro Aftershock - This thing is amazing. Shaped similar to a Roc but tighter flight path at high speed. So straight w/o the fade and skip tendency of the Squall. It was a laser straight out of the box.
Haven't really thrown my Rogue enough yet but it reminds me of my lighter Wraith.

ThrowinGhost and curveball are right on w/ comparisons. I haven't thrown SP plastic so I can't speak for it, but Proline feels great and is super durable.

If anyone's interested in testing DGA out, they've got Proline misprint 3pks for $15 on their website. You can't pick color or wt, but its a good introduction. Its hidden under the "Great for Beginners" tab

If anyone's interested in testing DGA out, they've got Proline misprint 3pks for $15 on their website. You can't pick color or wt, but its a good introduction. Its hidden under the "Great for Beginners" tab

at least mention that shipping is $7

total is $22

Wow. Okay you have to pay shipping but if you get (2) 3pks shipping stays the same. So that's 6 discs for $37 for claification.

the squall is a great disc start out dead straight then beat into sick flip discs. Tsunamis are the original preditor mold and fly between a pred and a tracker. the breaker is the best disc released last year and IMO the best fh approach disc ever made.

I'm seriously considering a Breaker. Have you thrown a SP Squall?

Is it true that the 1st run Shockwaves are basically Aftershocks?

I posted something that would sully the blessed DGA thread and changed my mind.

Last edited:

Latest posts