• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA disc talk

Is there a place to reference that kind of stuff? Some way to know what molds were used or modified? I read stuff, but I can't tell if they're people's guesses or really the mold used. I know some, like the Titanic, have Magnet written on the rim. Others just have the Discraft logo on the back. I know I'm not the only one curious about all this. Here's what I've gathered so far:
Titanic ----- Magnet
Reef ------- APX
Tsunami ----Predator (old mold)
Rogue ------Surge (modified)

There's been arguments about whether the Shockwave is a Drone or Torque.
I know people are convinced the Squall is the Buzzz, but I'm not buying it. I've heard it is a unique mold, but again, I'd love some education and clarification.
Can anyone give some facts? Not guesses

Is there a place to reference that kind of stuff? Some way to know what molds were used or modified? I read stuff, but I can't tell if they're people's guesses or really the mold used. I know some, like the Titanic, have Magnet written on the rim. Others just have the Discraft logo on the back. I know I'm not the only one curious about all this. Here's what I've gathered so far:
Titanic ----- Magnet
Reef ------- APX
Tsunami ----Predator (old mold)
Rogue ------Surge (modified)

There's been arguments about whether the Shockwave is a Drone or Torque.
I know people are convinced the Squall is the Buzzz, but I'm not buying it. I've heard it is a unique mold, but again, I'd love some education and clarification.
Can anyone give some facts? Not guesses

Titanic is a Magnet with a spacer added - increases (over)stability. I don't know about the Torque because it has been years since I've held one, but a Shockwave is NOT a Drone. Squall is NOT a Buzzz.

EDIT: IIRC Rogue = SurgeSS. (Don't quote me boy 'cause I ain't said ****:))

Last edited:
the shockwave is a modified torque. the squall is a original mold but both the glide and zombee have been dirived from the squall. the rogue and the surge ss are very similar and the riptide and wildcat are very close as well.
breaker and ringer seem to share a lot as well.

Shockwave is OOP? Hmm, I might have to get one b/c knowing my luck with Discraft/DGA and OOP overstable mids I'd probably like it.

i trade you one the shock wave is the one dga disc i don't like ( the floppy stuff excluded). it is not as hss as it should be and has a ton of lss with little glide IMO.

Shockwave is OOP? Hmm, I might have to get one b/c knowing my luck with Discraft/DGA and OOP overstable mids I'd probably like it.

Yup, tried to get an order of them for a tourney, DGA said they are no longer making them. Makes me wonder if they are going to add another Mid to their line-up soon, since this creates a large void in the OS mid-range section.

Titanic is a Magnet with a spacer added - increases (over)stability. I don't know about the Torque because it has been years since I've held one, but a Shockwave is NOT a Drone. Squall is NOT a Buzzz.

EDIT: IIRC Rogue = SurgeSS. (Don't quote me boy 'cause I ain't said ****:))

"Spacers" are not real. Molds don't work that way.

"Spacers" are not real. Molds don't work that way.

I don't know what else to say besides you're wrong. Titanics are not Magnets.

I do not work with molding so I don't know the process like you may, but there sure as hell is something added to a Magnet to make it taller and more (over)stable. Last time I checked discs have a top and a bottom. "Spacer" seems pretty logical to me - put an extra piece of material between the top and bottom.

The Titanic shares a Magnet mold. At least the embossed "Magnet™" on my Titanic tells me it does. Like I said, the Titanic is taller so its been modified, no question. What that extra height comes from or what its called is a strange thing to argue about, especially without having the answer. The Titanic has an extra "space" so spacer is a good explanation for the difference between them. I don't know why it was necessary to chastise someone about trivial terminology, especially without a source or a better explanation of what it is.

I'm looking for the specific molds DGA used or modified. I don't care what wasn't used, or what it isn't. I'm looking for facts. I'd love to know what they are for personal knowledge. I would also like a reference for people interested in trying out DGA that know Discraft. Hope that's not asking too much.

I just wanted to give it up for the SP plastic. Its pretty awesome so far. Honestly, when I first got them they felt like Z. I deglossed them w/ baking soda and green pot scrubber, a great recommendation by ThreeVok I think. And even after dry they pretty much felt the same as Prolines to me.

But after the first throw with my 175g SP Undertow, it was like that fist pump "found it" feeling. My 169g FF is still great, just too flippy to count on in tight straight shots. It has really taken a back seat to the SP now.

The Breaker in SP is also less flippy than its FF Pro counterpart. And I had to get a SP Squall. Just haven't had the weather to throw it yet. That reminds me, I've got some scrubbing to do (not too hard tho or those purple stamps turn silver)

The newest run of SP Breakers are a bit more stable, even! They also have SP Squalls in this new run of plastic, but haven't thrown one yet. I would assume the same is true though.

I've only thrown an Aftershock and a Rogue and both were very good workable discs and plastic felt good. Definitely a solid choice....nowadays there is SO much to choose from and really....any 1 company can have the discs you'd need....it comes down to appeal (design, name, color) and preference...plastics, feel.....also Availability. If its not in a store, most players arent gonna throw it.

Last edited:
Is the Hurricane DGA's only FLX disc? I could've sworn I saw a FLX Tsunami, but it must've been wishful thinking because I can't find it. I already want them to release the new Torrent in FLX after a review said it was like a less stable Katana. Those plus the FLX Rogue would all be must haves.

Latest posts