• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach Lite

Stable

* Ace Member *
Anyone own a DGA Mach Lite basket? I want a portable basket I can keep in my trunk and this seems like the best one. Tell me about yours if you have one.

I have two and have used them quite a bit over the last 3 years. They're a little heavier than some of the other fold up baskets, but they're the most like a standard target of that category. They hold up well as long as you're not leaving them out in the elements for an extended period of time, and they're really quick to set up and take down once you've got the hang of it. I definitely recommend it over any of the other portable targets, I've been quite happy with mine.

It is the best portable I have used. I would buy the same one again if my current one ever breaks, but I doubt it will!

Can you stake the feet into the ground in case the wind gets real bad?

Giggidy. I haven't played one PDGA tournament this year. My diabolical plan is to further my collection of KC Pro Aviars and get a Mach Lite basket. Then I will spend countless hours focusing on the art of putting and assert my dominion on the advanced division of many PDGA tourneys next year.

Giggidy. I haven't played one PDGA tournament this year. My diabolical plan is to further my collection of KC Pro Aviars and get a Mach Lite basket. Then I will spend countless hours focusing on the art of putting and assert my dominion on the advanced division of many PDGA tourneys next year.

One of the most effective practice techniques I've found is to set up two targets 100-150' apart. I take out a stack of the same mold of putter and throw upshots from one to the other, usually working on one specific line with the whole stack. I putt out all of the shots, and keep score by the total number of putts it takes (e.g. 10 discs, 8 made in 1 putt and the other 2 made in 2 putts, score is 12). It keeps things a little more fun and less monotonous, and makes the putting practice a little more realistic since you're stepping up to each putt with only one shot from that distance and that angle.

I do the exact same thing, but with one basket. :\

Note to self: Get another basket. :p

Or even pick up a pole or some other target and do all the approaches, and only putt at the basket end, I used to do that before I got the second one. :)

Yea, I do that at the small park right by my house. I basically play target golf with the trees. (When I'm too lazy to pack up my M-14) I don't actually putt on the trees though, so they don't get marked up.

I'm not sure if all players do this, but it really does help your approach game.

It takes me 30 minutes to get to the nearest course. I can't wait to get a portable basket so I can set up on any open field around me and get some quality putting practice in.

It takes me 30 minutes to get to the nearest course. I can't wait to get a portable basket so I can set up on any open field around me and get some quality putting practice in.

Yikes. Yea, good luck. Nothing beats having your own basket to take wherever you want.

In hindsight, I probably should have purchased the Mach Lite instead of the M-14. It seems much more portable, although the M-14 breaks down in less than a minute.

The Insteps break down very easily, aren't quite as easy to carry, but cost 60% of the match lite. You might check em out. I have both and enjoy putting at the Insteps more.

The Insteps break down very easily, aren't quite as easy to carry, but cost 60% of the match lite. You might check em out. I have both and enjoy putting at the Insteps more.

Really? I find the target area on the mach lite much more comparable to regular course targets than the instep with it's really wide chain assembly, and the mach lite is a whole lot easier to move around if you want to set up a temp course by moving the basket.

$150 for the Mach Lite is workable for me. Just need to beef up my putter collection before I pull the trigger.

The Mach lite is a great basket I will say though mine has had durability the metal frame that holds up the fabric on the basket bumps in when a putter hits it and the top bars that hold the chains also bend down if I hit them it was broken like that after a solid month of putting practice. But I just readjust it when I pick up my putters not really a big deal but does kind of suck.