• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. America

* Ace Member *
Time to start this thread, I don't see one?

Anyways, first club round, first ace of the year for me! #15 at Horizons Park in Winston Salem, NC. We played a mando to the left of the first tree, making the hole much tougher.

I threw a Tourney Plastic Westside Warship on a low anhyzer and drilled it! Good for $110!

Attachments

• ace_1.jpg
    ace_1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 316
  • ace_1b.jpg
    ace_1b.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 408
Time to start this thread, I don't see one?

Anyways, first club round, first ace of the year for me! #15 at Horizons Park in Winston Salem, NC. We played a mando to the left of the first tree, making the hole much tougher.

I threw a Tourney Plastic Westside Warship on a low anhyzer and drilled it! Good for $110!

attachment.php

That dude behind you looks PISSED.

I meant no disrespect - just that he looks mad as HELL. :) I think it's awesome he's into DG.

Practice aces, keep that in mind, but aced holes 1 and 4 today at Plymouth Creek. First with an Icon Clutch and the second with a Sparkle Pinnacle Patriot.

It was much like your ace on #16 at Johnson St. last summer. Threw the shot on a great line, disc went out of sight, then CHING! I looked at Ed, and then ran down to see if it was in, sure enough!

Awww man, you didn't get to see it hit!? That's a bummer, but if you have more than one ace, I'm sure it's no big deal. When I hit 1A at flip (my only ace) I got to see it glide down the hill, swoop far to the right, and then dive bomb down around the tree in front of the basket and smash chains! Most exhilarating moment of my DG career ever!

Practice aces, keep that in mind, but aced holes 1 and 4 today. First with an Icon Clutch and the second with a Sparkle Pinnacle Patriot.

You're throwing those things?!? :eek: My silver and gold went right up on the wall... maybe I'll play with a production run (I even tried to get timg to put the pinnacle sparkle plastic in the organizer, but legacy's website doesn't list that as an official plastic blend :()

Awww man, you didn't get to see it hit!? That's a bummer, but if you have more than one ace, I'm sure it's no big deal. When I hit 1A at flip (my only ace) I got to see it glide down the hill, swoop far to the right, and then dive bomb down around the tree in front of the basket and smash chains! Most exhilarating moment of my DG career ever!

No, but it's all good. Not my first ace. The basket on #15 used to be sitting straight down the slight tunnel. Most people play the hole with a big Hyzer line. I usually throw a putter if it's not windy, only 230ft. But when they put the new baskets in, they didn't pull the old ones up and put the new one in, they put the new ones near where the old ones were. So now you can't see the basket on #15, but it's still a big hyzer line. However, we have moveable mando signs that I let people place where they want. One guy put it on the first big tree pointing left. That makes it a low anhyzer, or sidearm. I don't have much of a sidearm, so low anhyzer it was. It probably wouldn't have been well past the basket had it not gone in. :D

Here is the hole, basket is now sitting a few feet left of where it is marked here, so you can't see it from the tee. Mando was on the first tree to the left. Had to sneak it in under the limbs.

b2a89ece_m.jpg

Last edited:
Either way, awesome way to star the New Year....I hope to bag at least one ace this year (here's to hoping)

We have 2 local courses and our local club ace pot is maxed out at 450 an second pot is started and petty high as well. No aces last year on this course. Next mini is next week. Here's to wishing someone in our club the first ace of the year for big money (hoping its me)!

Hit hole 3 at AC this morning. Nice way to start the day. I was on fire today, hit another basket and was putting like crazy.

Hole #15 Moser Park in Ft. Wayne, In. from the long tee. Hit it with a Z Wasp. I had also aced this hole from the short tee on Christmas day with a Z Tracker!

It was much like your ace on #16 at Johnson St. last summer. Threw the shot on a great line, disc went out of sight, then CHING! I looked at Ed, and then ran down to see if it was in, sure enough!

My ace was luck. Hole 16 from the blues at JStreet is a hard line to tbrow.

One of my friends aced hole 15 at horizons the first time he played it. He threw a 2003 CE roc and it hit a root near the basket and bounced/flipped in.

Been playing for two weeks almost got my first today. 182 foot hole threw it about 4 inches over the top of the basket. Normally I get too much hyzer on my drives but today was the first straight line throw I had on a drive. If only I could repeat it.

two 2013 aces already! canned EOU #7 today with a super beat in wizard. played it on a hyzer that flipped up and glided right into the chains. overall it was a great day, metaled 3 times, and i think i fell in love with my brand new Eagle L.

damn you guys, i haven't even gotten to play yet this year, and folks have multiple aces this year!!

It's been 10-20 deg and tons of snow on the ground since new years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts