• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be killer. I really can't wait to throw that Tern...I've heard so many good things about it being easy distance.

Yeah, I had hit a few short aces with other discs, and had my champ Tern out on a 320 footer (which I usually can't reach). The wind was kind of gusting in my face a little out of the left, and that baby just glided into the wind, lifted up and faded hard right into the chains. I felt like Bob Beamon with his long jump when he raised the mark from the high 27' range to over 29'. He basically said, "wait...what happened to 28?" Mine was like, " what happened to the 200 footers?". Sweet glide! :D

I hit my first ace yesterday at Shepherd Rec in Chattanooga on the 6th hole. Probably the last hole I thought I'd ever whack with one, but low and behold she was meant to be my first!

Shepherd Rec is a wooded course and on 6, the basket isn't viewable from the tee box. There is a tight mando dogleg left about 30 ft from the box with a slight downhill fairway run to the basket at a distance of 230'. With a couple of trees in the fairway, its a tricky shot just making a long fairway lie.

I threw a pink Avenger SS (pink...yep) and that thing felt great leaving the hand. As my anhyzer turned the corner, my last view as it went beyond the bend of trees was a straightening blur of screaming goodness. A buddy of mine located at the top of the fairway run gave me a play-by-play with an "oh", then another "OH", and then from the heavens came the sound of cracking chains! I figured that with the speed at which that thing was moving, the chains and basket wouldn't be able to contain it. But on that day, 12/12/13...At that moment, a brisk 34 degree with the sun at 12 o'clock high...Basket #6, at Shepherd Recreational Center DGC in Chattanooga, was made of gold!

And as I pulled my spear from the gut of basket 6...I said...Its Great to be an Auburn Tiger!
WDE

I don't know what I think about that last line, but the story was awesome. Take that pink spear you pulled from that gut of the basket and mount in on the wall in a place of honor lol

I got my first Glow Ace on Sunday night! A 300 foot slightly downhill shot with a dx glow Roc that disappeared out of sight and then just smashed the chains. I wasn't sure it was in until I walked down to the basket.

Got West Ashley Tidal Creek (Charleston, SC) Number 9. 156' is short but it is across water and tightly guarded. Used a Truly Beat Sidewinder with a little hyzer action.

Number 3 for me.

Hit aces 2 and 3 today! Pinchot State Park Boulder Woods Hole 7. I played two rounds and hit an ace both times on Hole 7 with my Pro Whippet. 165 ft with a mando making it a tough flick shot. I couldn't believe it when it dropped in the second time. Ended up shooting a personal best during the second round as well with a 55.

I don't know what I think about that last line, but the story was awesome. Take that pink spear you pulled from that gut of the basket and mount in on the wall in a place of honor lol

I would like to plaque that disc, but my game would go in the tank without her.

On a side note, the protective guardians of basket 6 have stepped up their game since...some terrible skips off those barked beasts!

Hit my #3 today at Z-Boaz park in Fort Worth, TX. Hole 14. Threw a Pain, nice flat RBHB fading straight into the chains! Across a creek and narrowly avoiding like 4 trees... Perfect line.

Congratulations everyone on the excellent aces! :clap:

I wonder who'll have the best Christmas ace story? New Years? (I had one of those in 2013)

(I didn't get my 11th ace today...again. That's 183 days in a row that I've accomplished this feat! :eek:)

Went out and played a new local course today. First time I have been able to play in a while, and boy am I rusty. My distance was crap, but on hole # 10 at Scott City Park, I hyzer flipped my Underworld on a short, but very tight tunnel shot with an up slope of about 6 feet and bounced it off of the pole. I don't know the distance, the signs aren't up yet, I'm guessing about 175 feet. Close, but no cigar. However, it did boost my confidence and made me focus more on my short game.

New Course, New State, road trip en route. Thought about NOT playing the hole because I didn't want to have to fish the disc out of a cold creek.

Then figured 'what the heck', and fired my Buzzz into the chains for the ace. I described it in my review. :D

Hole 5, N.A.D. Park, last sunday. Weekly dubs, I drew the cali and hit the ace on my 2nd drive. Won the $170 ace pot. It was one of those drives that just looked good all the way to the basket.

Got my very first Ace yesterday. Oak Meadow Park in Cypress TX Hole #13. 264' blind dogleg left. Turned the corner, hit the ground and skipped up smashing chains. It was awesome.

Finally made it to the 20 ace mark for 2013. Went out yesterday for what may be my last round of the year and had a terrible first round. Then on the second round, I drilled a downhill corridor with a neutron ion. As soon as it left my hand I knew it was in. Never turned, never faded, just a laser. Had another that hit the top of the cage, about 1/4" from going in and another chain out that round, so it just all came together. I don't suppose I'll ever get 20 aces in 1 year again, so it was a really fun milestone.

My first and only ace was this year. It was the day after the Discraft Ace Race and I was using one of my two Ace Race discs. Oddly enough I hit two baskets in the Ace Race and won a sweet hat.

After hitting baskets and chains well over a dozen times I finally got one this year.

Last ace of the year for me. #14 at Springvale South. 255 uphill behind a little conifer. I heard a lot of chains but I couldn't see the basket. When I got up the hill my Aftershock was smiling up at me from within the basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts