• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Ace, With a Condor

So I bought a DX Condor on a whim about 2 weeks ago just figured I would mess around with it, and have it as a warm up disc. Well I threw it a couple times and loved the straight glide.

So during a tournament this weekend, I hit my very first ace with it, a 216 ft hole, 5 ft uphill elevation change, 205 ft dried up water carry.

Threw it just nice an straight, watched it have very minimal fade and SLAMMED hard, right in the middle of the chains, I was shocked it actually dropped and stayed.

NICE ACE!

I know heartman on here had an ace with a Condor, though I think it was closer to 300'. I could be wrong.

VpuKTH5.gif

Congrats!

Surprised the Condor fit in the tray ;)

Yeah I know, that's what I was most shocked about lol The fact it stayed.

Thanks guys, been playing on 6 months, finally got one. Most of the older guys were pumped when they found out it was a Condor lol

And yes, you probably could hit one at 300' with it, but I am not that skilled yet

That's awesome!

First ace is sweet, doing it in a tournament is even sweeter! I've never seen anyone run chains with a Condor...the closest I've seen is my dad nailing a 220 or so foot birdie with a Condor (he loves his Condors). Most people I've seen, to include myself, use them as rollers.

That's pretty sweet dude. Now you're a Condor lifer!

After several years of playing and hundreds of rounds, I finally got my first ace last month. Surprisingly, it happened while playing a nearby course for the first time. Flicked and skipped a Firebird in on Hole 4 at Rankin Lake in Gastonia, NC.

Felt great to finally get one!

1A4N2h9.jpg

Today I got my second ace of this year, and my second ace. I was playing at Los Olivos, which is a local 9 holer. While I was playing I noticed this kinda ghetto looking black guy watching me play on hole 7. As we were walking to hole 9, the guy starts asking us questions and wants to throw one. Hole 9 is about 275 or so. the other 2 people I am playing with have already thrown. I show him the proper mechanics of throwing backhand. I tell him to watch me throw and copy what I do. I throw my teebird, and I start thinking to myself that is a good ace run. The disc hits the chains and stays in. The guys face was priceless. Its always exciting to get an ace, but in that situation, it was even more so.

Beast mode- Nice ace with a condor. I had just ordered a condor a few days ago on a whim myself.

Smitty- I know the feeling. I've been playing on and off for a long time(I got semi serious and started playing multiple rounds in 2003) and finally got my first ace on a fluke shot this year after years of metal and chain hits. Congrats.

That's awesome! My buddy was playing with me and witnessed it, and there was an old man getting out of his car in the parking lot next to the fairway who also witnessed it...or at least witnessed me and my buddy yelling and high-fiving after the shot.

So I bought a DX Condor on a whim about 2 weeks ago just figured I would mess around with it, and have it as a warm up disc. Well I threw it a couple times and loved the straight glide.

So during a tournament this weekend, I hit my very first ace with it, a 216 ft hole, 5 ft uphill elevation change, 205 ft dried up water carry.

Threw it just nice an straight, watched it have very minimal fade and SLAMMED hard, right in the middle of the chains, I was shocked it actually dropped and stayed.

I got to sign that condor! Congrats again!

It is crazy that it is December already. All that means is I have less than a month to get an ace to post in here lol

Third ace of the year at Southern Oaks Park here in College Station, Texas. It's was hole #5 with a month old Eclipse Ion. I'm ions for life after a month with them.

I have been trying to get an ace at this course (which is locally called SOaP) for a while now because I'm moving to Grapeland next week. God blessed this rainy,freezing dreary day throw!

hit hole 12 again at land of memories in mankato mn. that little 150 foot shot caused me to ink up quite a few discs by now. i was messing around with a buzz all day and i decided to throw a buzz with a flick on an anny and watch it fade back at the basket. you know cuz its a short hole and sometimes fun to mess around with different shots, and much to my dismay i hit dead center of the basket on the fade back for an ace. its still fun to hit an ace but the longest ace ive gotten has been a little less than 275 ft. i wanna hit a long one

Got #16 at Tyler State Park the other day with a Buzzz:)

(basket is in the shade straight ahead)
a58c1765.jpg

I hate that it's December and there's a decent chance I won't be able to add an ace to this thread.

First Acer ever...

I hit my first ace yesterday at Shepherd Rec in Chattanooga on the 6th hole. Probably the last hole I thought I'd ever whack with one, but low and behold she was meant to be my first!

Shepherd Rec is a wooded course and on 6, the basket isn't viewable from the tee box. There is a tight mando dogleg left about 30 ft from the box with a slight downhill fairway run to the basket at a distance of 230'. With a couple of trees in the fairway, its a tricky shot just making a long fairway lie.

I threw a pink Avenger SS (pink...yep) and that thing felt great leaving the hand. As my anhyzer turned the corner, my last view as it went beyond the bend of trees was a straightening blur of screaming goodness. A buddy of mine located at the top of the fairway run gave me a play-by-play with an "oh", then another "OH", and then from the heavens came the sound of cracking chains! I figured that with the speed at which that thing was moving, the chains and basket wouldn't be able to contain it. But on that day, 12/12/13...At that moment, a brisk 34 degree with the sun at 12 o'clock high...Basket #6, at Shepherd Recreational Center DGC in Chattanooga, was made of gold!

And as I pulled my spear from the gut of basket 6...I said...Its Great to be an Auburn Tiger!
WDE

I hate that it's December and there's a decent chance I won't be able to add an ace to this thread.

I take this last comment back. I hit my very first in-round ace today (several practice and two in the AR this year) at the Quarry, hole 2. Short (207', I think)...splashed it bottom of the chains with an SSS Wizard. Beautiful.

Congrats Stardoggy! :thmbup:

My first really satisfying ace was with an orange champ tern. Hope your red sparkle tern (packaged for shipment) brings you one too! :hfive:

That would be killer. I really can't wait to throw that Tern...I've heard so many good things about it being easy distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts