• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

2 ace round!

First 2 league aces today on Goliath at Mason County Park! Holes 9(Esp Avenger SS) and 13(Big Z Crank). I got pretty excited after the second one.

Last edited:
Hole 2 at East Frankfort Park DGC during the Vibram Birdie Bash. Of course, no Ace Fund. :)

Yeah, my buddy Jeremy hit hole 14 at the Boone Woods VBB. His dad asked, "What did you win for that?" He said, "5 points". But he did win the tourney overall, got a CTP prize later, and got another prize for winning our card. I think he was just happy getting back on the Ace train, though!

My first ace!

Took advantage of this past weekend to play six courses in four days with my wife and friends for Mother's Day.
Indian Hills - Carson City, Nevada
Zephyr Cove - Zephyr Cove, Nevada
Bijou - South Lake Tahoe, CA
North Tahoe Regional Park - Kings Beach, CA
Turtle Rock Park - Markleeville, CA
North Tahoe Lion's Club - Incline Village, Nevada

It was an amazing weekend filled with discing and fun. I was very happy when I threw from the #7 tee pad at North Tahoe Lion's Club. It was in the new basket position "C", about 250 feet through some pretty heavy trees. I grabbed my light blue, 172g Innova Sidewinder for a nice Hyzer shot. Around the trees and "CHING" into the basket for my first ace!!

I have been playing since August 2013 and this is the best feeling to get this out the way. My brother-in-law was more upset since he has been playing for almost 20 years and hasn't even sniffed a chance at an ace.

I have since retired the disc, at the suggestion of my 10 year old son. I have placed it on the fireplace mantle. I will be going out tonight to purchase two more discs to replace the retired one.

I'm upset too, been playing DG steadily the past few years and I've yet to get an ace over 240 ft.

Congrats.

I have been recording my rounds on my iPhone app. According to the stats, this was my 99th round of disc golf played. I am not sure how long it will be until I get my next one, or if I will have another...but this one did feel good. I have been able to achieve consistent 250 - 300 foot drives.....just need to stay that way and another might come my way.

Congratulations!
Now the dilemma, do you "retire" your very 1st ace disc or keep throwing it?
;)

I have retired it, upon the advice of my son. He thinks it will be better to get a new one and break it in rather than potentially lose the one I have now.

RETIRE IT!! I recently lost my first ace disc and still regret it. It might suck now, but trust me, it will be worth it!

Retire it. I saved the first condom I used 28 years ago. She is long gone but you never forget your first

Also get anyone who was with you to sign the disc in sharpie. It adds a little extra something too it in my opinion, especially if they are close friends or family.

congrats! I pulled my first ace disc out of the bag for about 7 months and I decided to put it back in the bag. Ended up getting my 2nd ace with the same disc so it stays in the bag now, but I wont throw it on holes where I think I might lose it.

I was with my 10 year old son, my wife and my brother-in-law. They all signed and dated it. I was able to almost get two more on the same course, same day. They were both a little long, but still able to birdie them both.

Nice. I just got back into the sport and haven't been down to the course in Incline yet but I'll check it out soon.

It is well worth playing, so try and get out there. They have maps at the Rec center, which will help you navigate the tee pads.